• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What the hell did you do to GE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Boomtastic

really really sad - I had hopes that this game would keep on going for a while but apparently Inno does not have the same goal in mind. GE disaster, Ads on everything now, stupid fragments for everything now, everything changed to income digging and hara$$ment, Rewards greatly decreased and diminished; ontop of seriously lacking innovative content now, incompetence and lack-of-concern in ever fixing gVg...

Hells bells the game has been Trumped. Strange how so many corporations are into this self-destruction now - customers ultimately do NOT appreciate getting screwed and so the closures increase!

Last edited:

pieman

i have played this game since before covid and it just keeps getting stupider and stupider. I would list all the stupidities, but I don't have days to waste. I agree with the comments about the new GE "improvements", what a joke. Early on I tried complaining about obvious screw ups in the game, but all I ever got was "I'll pass it on to the programmers", which of course means go away and shut up, we don't care what you think. Time for a new game indeed!

Unbridled Forgery

They've been known to re-kajigger things that were unpopular/unfair in the past. Fingers crossed.

What other similar games are out there?

Angry.Blanket

It seems most players feel GE 5 should be easy for every one? If it is to be a challenge for the most accomplished/strongest players in the game , for example those over 5b ranking points how can it also be doable for players with 500m ranking points?
How can you make it a challenge that the biggest players need to grow into and still make it easy for every one ?

Johnny B. Goode

It seems most players feel GE 5 should be easy for every one? If it is to be a challenge for the most accomplished/strongest players in the game , for example those over 5b ranking points how can it also be doable for players with 500m ranking points?
How can you make it a challenge that the biggest players need to grow into and still make it easy for every one ?
I think the main problem for the average to above average player is the nerfing of Diamond rewards and the massive increase in fragments. Level 5 is way down on the list of issues with this change.

Angry.Blanket

I think the main problem for the average to above average player is the nerfing of Diamond rewards and the massive increase in fragments. Level 5 is way down on the list of issues with this change.
The fragments are getting old.
I have heard complaints about diamonds being nerfed but have heard other players say they got the same amount as always.?
I have never paid any attention to the rewards I get from GE, for me its about the competition to complete rather than rewards so I dont know how many diamonds I was getting before.

Pericles the Lion

For a change, how about a little empirical evidence? On my main world, my city is SAJM and has tiny boosts for the defending army. My army got slaughtered on the first encounter of L5. I decided to negotiate all the way. I completed all 16 encounters. Spent 12,056 goods in total (including 250 on 3 Tlacotzontloi Statues). Extra turn in Tavern used. If I was not successful after all my tries, I did not spend diamonds for extra turns. I just started over. 13 times I was successful on the first set of tries. It's only one instance but I think that earlier estimates (10K-12K goods) is in the ballpark. My city can handle 12K goods per week so this might work for me (and, perhaps, other players in the Space Ages). Probably not for most players in earlier ages.

Imo, that isn’t what’s wrong with GE5. It’s that the top players and guilds, on my server at least, have already decided they don’t want to grow into it because it’s not worth it. No one will dramatically alter their city to have 2000/2000 for their defending army (after not needing these stats for anything else nonetheless) or spend the amount of goods necessary to negotiate all the way through. The cost to benefit just isn’t worth it.

Angry.Blanket

Imo, that isn’t what’s wrong with GE5. It’s that the top players and guilds, on my server at least, have already decided they don’t want to grow into it because it’s not worth it. No one will dramatically alter their city to have 2000/2000 for their defending army (after not needing these stats for anything else nonetheless) or spend the amount of goods necessary to negotiate all the way through. The cost to benefit just isn’t worth it.
I dont do GE for the rewards, I have never felt like they were worth the effort. They have already started adding defending army boosts along with attacking army boosts on the best event buildings so why would one not use those ?

Ebeondi Asi

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :mad:

Angel.

my whole guild is not happy with ge at all this time a few of us are trying ge 5 but wow cost is to high .cant win a fight even with 3 boost going defence boost an a building built all the dang fragments every were for stuff been selling cause we have no more room to add more .
we trying it but so far dont look like we will contenue to play it .will say it is pertty as far as the back ground gose

Johnny B. Goode

The fragments are getting old.
I have heard complaints about diamonds being nerfed but have heard other players say they got the same amount as always.?
I have never paid any attention to the rewards I get from GE, for me its about the competition to complete rather than rewards so I dont know how many diamonds I was getting before.
Before the change, every 4th encounter (the big ones) had a chance of Diamonds as the reward. I have done up through 3/4 of level 4 and I think I've only seen Diamonds either once or twice as a possible reward. Total.

Silvysa

This is terrible. There's just no point. I would have to majorly gear my city toward city defense, just for the GE 5 and no other purpose, in order to be able to fight in it. Why would I waste lots of land in my city for something that gives meh rewards? The rewards would have to be MASSIVELY better to make it worth it in terms of city space, and in terms of goods - both individually and for the guild's treasury. Even doing the first 64 is a waste of time now, since you get nothing but useless fragments. If Inno's goal is to make GE obsolete, then this was a fantastic change.

Big-Bendz

So everyone used to complain about Gates being a mostly useless prize (I only primarily use them for happiness points for contests) but other than that pretty lame. Now replacing the possibility of getting diamonds with getting fragments of a gate is an improvement??? hahaha the writer of that should become a politician. i.e. - we screw you (the customer) and you should consider it an improvement.....

Croleu

GE 5 is super easy , there are soooooooooooooooooo many ways of finishing it , like building virgo or kraken or building some ritual flame level 2 , stacking some def boost potions leveling st basil , on my main world I'm in Jupiter Moon and just out of what I had in inventory (250 ritual flame level 1 and 80 ritual flame upgrades) and some fp , to level virgo and st basil , i done 12/16 encounters by fighting , not even bothered with manual fight like a professional , just auto fight like a basic noob and i won it , ofc it's true I didn't sold 200 ritual flame to antique dealer to buy a carousel for 250 000 coins like most big players done, i was just stockpilling cuz you never know when you'll need them ... lowering the diamonds won .... I must admit is not a fair change to all of us that been working hard to develop worlds that can finish GE IV to win some really hard worked diamonds

honey55

GE 5 is super easy , there are soooooooooooooooooo many ways of finishing it , like building virgo or kraken or building some ritual flame level 2 , stacking some def boost potions leveling st basil , on my main world I'm in Jupiter Moon and just out of what I had in inventory (250 ritual flame level 1 and 80 ritual flame upgrades) and some fp , to level virgo and st basil , i done 12/16 encounters by fighting , not even bothered with manual fight like a professional , just auto fight like a basic noob and i won it , ofc it's true I didn't sold 200 ritual flame to antique dealer to buy a carousel for 250 000 coins like most big players done, i was just stockpilling cuz you never know when you'll need them ... lowering the diamonds won .... I must admit is not a fair change to all of us that been working hard to develop worlds that can finish GE IV to win some really hard worked diamonds
I must be missing something here to not be able to see this as easy. For one, coming up with 250 ritual flames and 80 up grades would take quite awhile. But even if i had them, that is 500 tiles, add 50 more for the basil and virgo. For me to come up with this many empty tiles is not EASY. I've decided not to change my city drastically at this time. I don't have enough store its, to do it. And should ge5 fail or i decide its not worth what i lost out of my city to be able to complete it, i would need even more store its to change it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.