• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What would you like in a hypothetical FoE 2

Lorendar

Interesting how someone disagreeing with you instantly becomes the person you hate. Maybe they just disagree?

So your self-serving greed trumps their self-serving greed because it's your city? The lack of self awareness in these posts is stunning.
Your reply is pointless and not relevant to this conversation Pirate. It only serves as a spiteful spineless attack on someone else's opinion..

Lorendar

Then go buy a standalone game and you won’t be bothered by other people wanting to play the game too. Did you not read what the game is about or do you normally complain about a game that has a decade in and thousands of long term players but for some reason wasn’t designed with you in mind ? May I suggest that you read up on the mechanics of the game before you complain next about no Pokémon in it.
And your reply is as pointless and self demeaning as Pirate's was. Are you two the same person or maybe share the same brain? I've been playing since they only had 6 worlds going and I don't remember seeing anything that the mechanics were set up for any particular style of play. My comment is my opinion and not complaining. Your's sounds like it comes from a child that feels like someone is trying to take their toy away.

Lorendar

What do you think the rewards on the Great Buildings are for if not the contributors?
I understand perfectly that the rewards are for the contributors, my comment is that I'd like to see more owner control over who the contributors are and how they get places without interfering with my goals and plans for my city.

Lorendar

The contribution reward isn't for the Owner though. Its entire purpose is to encourage outsiders to contribute without solicitation. It's players that worked out to leverage that reward to the Owners advantage. That's fine, Players have worked out a pretty efficient system around that. But the reward belongs to whoever gets there first regardless of whatever deal you've made. Some players will work with you, others will be an opponent
That isn't the entire purpose though, it's also used to help guild members be able collect BP's to build their own GB's. That isn't possible when other players drop FP's and push out smaller players that don't have the same resources to compete.

mineseA

Your reply is pointless and not relevant to this conversation Pirate. It only serves as a spiteful spineless attack on someone else's opinion..
You are quite literally proving his point. He stated that you make enemies out of people who disagree upon your opinion, and all you did was antagonize him about it. So, basically, what you are saying is that your opinion is more important than his because you are you?
And your reply is as pointless and self demeaning as Pirate's was. Are you two the same person or maybe share the same brain? I've been playing since they only had 6 worlds going and I don't remember seeing anything that the mechanics were set up for any particular style of play. My comment is my opinion and not complaining. Your's sounds like it comes from a child that feels like someone is trying to take their toy away.
Playing for longer doesn't mean that you get more validation than them. For all you know, they might be older than you in real life. But let´s get to the point. We get that your comment is your opinion, but their comment is their opinion as well. To be honest, you're the one who sounds like a child, desperately trying to insult them after you realize they have a point. Yes, the game isn't about sniping GB´s but snipping is a way to play the game. You might just have to deal with it. Lastly, if you hate this aspect of the game this much, why have you been playing since there were only six worlds?
I understand perfectly that the rewards are for the contributors, my comment is that I'd like to see more owner control over who the contributors are and how they get places without interfering with my goals and plans for my city.
So what you want is a blacklist on certain people? This is kind of a dumb request. For all you know, the next set of neighbors might snipe you as well, or maybe your guildmates, or maybe even one of your friends. You can't just be able to blacklist people just because you don´t want them to level your GBs. And anyways, if someone does actually snipe, what does that have to do with your city? It just removes a position from your Great Building. If you can´t handle someone messing up your little 1.9 thread post that you spend 10 seconds working on, you should leave the game.
That isn't the entire purpose though, it's also used to help guild members be able collect BP's to build their own GB's. That isn't possible when other players drop FP's and push out smaller players that don't have the same resources to compete.
I´m sorry that things like this are happening to you, but sadly, you're just going to have to tough it out. Sniping, while not necessarily the focus of the game, is a part of it, so it is NOT going to be removed no matter what. Those little guys might just have to wait.

Zatrikon

I'd like to see fewer things that make no sense. I'd like to see the society eventually develop past the barter system. As it is, the overall structure of the game is not designed to go past the Colonial Age or so. I'd like to see a complete game released all at once, to avoid the power creep. I'd like to see military units that are all useful.

I'd like to have different forms of government available - that would affect the way some things in your city work. (I got this idea from the Civilization series.)

I'd like to see a more realistic combat system. Something more than just wipe out all enemy units. Some battles might be like that, but others could be "get past the enemy line to a particular location on the battle map" or "hunker down and hold your position for X number of rounds, preventing the enemy from getting in".

I'd like to see a more realistic handling of population. "Available Population" should have some effect on the city.

Ebeondi Asi

Military units taht are 'not usefu'l fill a extremely important purpose. So when attacking in GbG or Quests the army you are attacking can be a mix of hardy and weak foes. if they were all very strong. it would not be as much fun.

Ebeondi Asi

One way to make the game far more complex would have feeding the population matter. In Foe 2 have to arrange that in the game. (where now it is ignored) Feeding the Troops. Supply lines.
That might be a game breaker though. Making the game too complex from te start would be a turn off.

Emberguard

That might be a game breaker though. Making the game too complex from te start would be a turn off.
Would likely depend on the pacing of the game, and how long you expect a player to keep a city / match.

There are lots of city based war games that have feeding of the troops and are quite fun. But those games are usually expecting a player to do things in real time and complete the game within a single sitting.