• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What would you like in a hypothetical FoE 2

texanwolf999

I am not saying it will, or should come any time soon. However, if Forge of Empires sequel was announced, what would you want in it?
Also I kow about Rise of Culture, but it's mobile only and isn't a true sequel
For me, it's the following
1. Similiar artstyle. Going back to RoC, style is overly cartooney. It's not a deal breaker, but in a FoE 2 I'd like the current artstyle, maybe with a bit higher resolution
2. Break up ages. Some ages represent too long of a time frame and thus became a clash of time periods and themes. Bronze age is the worst offender, covering everything from Neolithic to Helenic Civilisation under one umbrella. It could have been easily split into several distinct ages. Same goes for quite a few other ages like colonial, iron, progressive and industrial
3. More in-depth combat. Bigger maps, more abilities, different units of same type, different combat types lik naval, buffs to only specific unit types, etc.
4. This is pretty small, but I find the idea of needing old goods in late ages amusing.
5. Bigger map and buildings. Allows for more intresting combinations while buildings look less squished
6. Colonies/allied cultures. Especially in earlier ages. Preferably ones you don't have to abandon and give stuff like special units and special goods
7. Servers with diffferent rules like no events or gbs
8. This one is more "out there" but an alternative to great buildings might be natural wonders. Coexisting, but with slightly different mechanics.
Thoughts?
Again, this is just for fun

Johnny B. Goode

4. This is pretty small, but I find the idea of needing old goods in late ages amusing.
I think it's weird that you find it amusing. It makes perfect sense. For example, in the real world all the FoE Bronze Age goods are still in use in our modern world. Marble, lumber, stone, dye, and wine. Same for most of the goods in FoE. I would actually like to see more need of goods from every previous age as you move up, if there were an FoE2. Imagine rushing through the ages then. Yikes.

I think it's weird that you find it amusing. It makes perfect sense. For example, in the real world all the FoE Bronze Age goods are still in use in our modern world. Marble, lumber, stone, dye, and wine. Same for most of the goods in FoE. I would actually like to see more need of goods from every previous age as you move up, if there were an FoE2. Imagine rushing through the ages then. Yikes.
yea but there are always things that are diffrent like we would not use broze age qultiy materials

DevaCat

Cherry picking the op of course lol, but let’s see. #5 bigger map and buildings… we’ve gotten bigger event buildings but more map/space, umm not so much.

Servers with different game rules is something players have said “it would be nice if”, and Inno has steadfastly refused. In fact, “it would be nice if” is the kiss of death to any suggestion for a change to the game.

I agree the colonies could be reworked to provide something other than the max building for the colony. Trick would be in the game balancing.

Edit: sorry, that bit about colonies made no sense, I was thinking about cultural settlements :)

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I would never start a new game playing anything like Foe again. I am heavily invested in the current version of the game and if something caused the game to die I sincerely doubt would ever be willing to start over again.
A 2.0 in most games I've played don't require you to start over, it is usually a major revamp of graphics and engine mechanics, along with adding new features. There are often some incompatible changes between versions, but devs usually give some kind of migration path for existing players that won't make the game untenable for those players when the changes occur.

UBERhelp1

A 2.0 in most games I've played don't require you to start over, it is usually a major revamp of graphics and engine mechanics, along with adding new features. There are often some incompatible changes between versions, but devs usually give some kind of migration path for existing players that won't make the game untenable for those players when the changes occur.
Overwatch 2 just like... "Changes? What are those?"

Seriously though, I'd like to see a downloadable client that would enable higher quality graphics (keep browser/mobile the same) and tools for the player to get data from their cities (while I'm not thinking EVE Online Excel collabs, still would be nice). Additionally, I'd really like to see some kind of system to nerf the power of existing buildings. Maybe hard caps on boosts. Maybe debuffs (for example, you can get more attack boost at the cost of productions taking longer). I'd like to see more player-driven features where you can choose a path that makes your game different from others. I think a fighting revamp would be in store, with new mechanics. Maybe some kind of multiplayer battle where you can combine armies together with other players? Idk.

My dream version would be a full 3d conversion of the game that enables rotation, "walking" through the city, etc. That'd be cool. But it's not really Inno's style.

Agaselle

When I understand you alwright , yes you must like forge of empires a lot and like to start a nice conversation how much other players enjoy playing day after day to just relax and have some good times. Thank you again Inno for not having us all missing out of this game of chances.....//

MJ Artisan of War

Don't need a FOE II... But they could increase Guild Levels to 150 - 200, add 10 more medals expansions available to all ages... and delete GvG and move those ranking points to a new version that is accessible to everyone including the 80% that play on mobile.

Lorendar

Why make FOE2 when there is so much that needs to be fixed on the original, like being able to have more control over your city in regards to how and who can just dump FP's into your Great Buildings, server lock ups that happen every 5 minutes when you're running combat, switching between GE, GBG, continent maps, tavern and all the other content, and so many other things.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Why make FOE2 when there is so much that needs to be fixed on the original, like being able to have more control over your city in regards to how and who can just dump FP's into your Great Buildings, server lock ups that happen every 5 minutes when you're running combat, switching between GE, GBG, continent maps, tavern and all the other content, and so many other things.
The main advantage to a 2.0 that I can think of is that it is usually a complete code rework, which means most of that stuff would get fixed.

As to who can dump fp into your great buildings, that should never change. It is fine as it was designed.