• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What's the best way to earn diamonds?

DeletedUser27592

I have 160 diamonds. I want to earn 90 so I have 250. Then I can get the amphitheatre. Is that realistic or would it take forever?

Algona

stallion is correct, save your Diamonds for expansions.

You can get Diamonds from a Special Event Building called the Wishing Well, although it's less than a 1% chance per day you can get 50 Diamonds. I run 10 WWs. :D

20 Diamonds (Chateau works on this reward) are a possible reward (1% or so) for any Quest (in game or Event) that offers a Random Reward, one time only on each Recurring Quest. I am happy to spend weeks doing nothing but recurring quests instead of advancing my tech tree.

Diamonds are also a specific reward for certain Quests in game.

Diamonds may or may not be offered as a near the end prize for an Event. Rumor has it there may be a 250 Diamond gift or prize in the Winter Event.

The easiest route to Diamonds is GE. They are offered as possible rewards in multiple stages. Get a ToR as well and get mining GE Diamonds.

INNO would be disturbed if I did not mention that you can buy diamonds.

I don't remember any other Diamond sources, but if I missed something some helpful poster will remind us.

Yes, it is realistic and crucial for you to try and collect Diamonds. Diamond expansions mean a LOT to your city.

DeletedUser10415

I get my diamonds primarily from the 128 wishing wells (gained from events) I have spread across 10 worlds. It's certainly not the quick method. Inno provides that for you by allowing you to purchase diamonds. I only have 1 wishing well in my main city. I had 2 yesterday, but got rid of one to make space. The only reason I run 9 additional cities is to harvest diamonds from events and wishing wells, which I then only spend on my main city. I have gained around 20k diamonds in this fashion over the time of around 2 years. All have been used to purchase the expansions that are only available from diamonds. I have bought the occasional blueprint.

In my first city I wasted diamonds on a couple of premium cultural buildings. I condemn Inno for creating the Bronze Age Longhouse and in it's inclusion into the tutorial. While the tutorial gives you 100 diamonds to build the longhouse, I cannot count the number of newbies I've seen with 2 or more of these in their city and that makes me sad for them. Save diamonds for expansions or that one holdout blueprint that you've been trying to get for ages.

DeletedUser27592

I am happy to spend weeks doing nothing but recurring quests instead of advancing my tech tree.
If you just do the quests and don't advance your tech tree, what do you spend FPs on? The only thing I can think of is GBs to get prints. Is there something else?
Is there a difference between the diamond expansions and the other expansions (buy with medals, get from the tech tree, get by conquering provinces)? They're all 4x4. They're all identical, right?

Ylisaveta

You've got it. You can spend fps on the tech tree or GB's. And all the expansions are identical, only the way you purchase or earn them differs.

Algona

If you just do the quests and don't advance your tech tree, what do you spend FPs on? The only thing I can think of is GBs to get prints. Is there something else?
Is there a difference between the diamond expansions and the other expansions (buy with medals, get from the tech tree, get by conquering provinces)? They're all 4x4. They're all identical, right?

Ylisaveta is exactly right. Acquiring and leveling GBs is at least as important as progressing through the tech tree. Please ask if you have any questions about GBs. Or read the thread 'coins and population' to see what happens when you poorly manage your GBs.

All expansions are 4x4. You can only get so many of each. You can only acquire Diamond expansions with diamonds. You will be allocated 2 per Age/Era. Just like tech and continent expansions, you will pay coins, the amount of coins increasing with each purchase. Note that each type of expansion stacks, they do not expire if you do not place them immediatly.

See this thread, second post for the cost of expansions.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/expansions.14964/

DeletedUser26154

Inno provides that for you by allowing you to purchase diamonds.

But if you are going to buy diamonds...

buy diamonds.png

Now is the time.

Go for the big sales: 40% bonus, 2 Rogue hideouts, 2 premium production buildings, etc.
Always buy when they have the big sales with nice bonuses that you can really see and feel.
When you purchase the biggest package through your browser, you'll end up with 15,000 Diamonds instead of 11,000.
4,000 extra diamonds will easily buy you two of any premium building featured in most events.
Or many premium buildings, depending on your era.

Inno tends to have sales twice a month.
Just after the beginning of the month, and somewhere between the middle and end of the month.
If you are a buyer, save your money until they have a big sale.

a real prince brings coffee.jpg

And yes, this is a shameless plug.
But it's true.

DeletedUser26154

I've never seen that sale. Inno must only offer it to players who have a history of spending the big bucks on diamonds.

big spender.jpg

Inno has a good marketing department.
I bought a big sale package like this about a month ago when the Winter Event began.
Christmas tapped me out, so they'll send me another sale in two weeks.
Then another in two weeks, and that's when I'll probably get more.
I tend to buy right after the first of the month.
And I always get the largest package.

DeletedUser26154

I learned the hard way, don't buy forge points or premium buildings with diamonds. Save them for expansions. That building will be useless in 2 ages

If you are a payer, then consider Premium production and Premium Happiness buildings.
While not mandatory, as Glarg, Algona, and many others rightfully attest.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/optimising-my-world-layout.15762/

They really make a huge difference by giving you more floor space and funds to do what needs doing.

DeletedUser8420

stallion is correct, save your Diamonds for expansions.....

I don't remember any other Diamond sources, but if I missed something some helpful poster will remind us.

You also get diamonds via continental map ...they are rare but normally occur in each age near the end of the area being conquered.

CatNik

Glarg's
I get my diamonds primarily from the 128 wishing wells (gained from events) I have spread across 10 worlds. It's certainly not the quick method. Inno provides that for you by allowing you to purchase diamonds. I only have 1 wishing well in my main city. I had 2 yesterday, but got rid of one to make space. The only reason I run 9 additional cities is to harvest diamonds from events and wishing wells, which I then only spend on my main city. I have gained around 20k diamonds in this fashion over the time of around 2 years. All have been used to purchase the expansions that are only available from diamonds. I have bought the occasional blueprint.

In my first city I wasted diamonds on a couple of premium cultural buildings. I condemn Inno for creating the Bronze Age Longhouse and in it's inclusion into the tutorial. While the tutorial gives you 100 diamonds to build the longhouse, I cannot count the number of newbies I've seen with 2 or more of these in their city and that makes me sad for them. Save diamonds for expansions or that one holdout blueprint that you've been trying to get for ages.

This is the most reliable way to get free diamonds. The more cities the better. I know someone who has just over 500 wells across every world. They collect at least 100 diamonds every collection. A lot of the time it is more. Summer and winter event is where you get the most wells.

DeletedUser8420

500 WWs???? looking at my measly 30 some wishing wells in 2 cities....sniffle sniffle ....I want more Wishing wells.....

DeletedUser14197

500 WWs???? looking at my measly 30 some wishing wells in 2 cities....sniffle sniffle ....I want more Wishing wells.....

I wish I could give you some. I am quitting 2 cities soon, and probably have 30 or 40 between them. Actually, I may quit another 1 or 2 before I am done, with another 20 or more wishing wells. Really while it may be nice to have more cities and more wishing wells it just adds to the monotony of the game in doing events in all those cities and collecting every day besides all the other things I did because I normally would join a guild and for awhile there I was doing level 1 of GE in all 6 cities in some cities higher. Then with the tavern, I began doing that in 4 of the cities. Now I am tired of the tavern too. So, it isn't exactly free. It is time taker.