• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What's the oldest Event building that you still have in your city?

Zatrikon

I was reviewing my city and realized I had some very old event buildings that really weren't worth keeping. Are there any old ones you keep? Some that are still worth the space they take up? Or maybe you just like the way they look? Or you keep them for some other reason?

Go Ask Kate

Oldest ones still standing? Sleigh Builders! I kept about 10 of those bad boys… They’re still relevant to me. I will always keep the ones that can produce current age goods over a slight increase in AA/AD. It’s all about efficiency for growth. Remember when all we wanted were FPs and the Airship and World’s Fair were must-haves? SoKs and the piazza sets were in every city for a loooong time too. But this last year and a half+ of events has pushed some mega potent specs, so those combination buildings make it super easy to sell off anything that isn’t multi-faceted at this point in the game.

Here are a ton of links I had saved with varying aspects weighted for each building, in case you’re struggling with what to do! lol Unfortunately I can’t find a truly all-encompassing list anywhere with all aspects, all buildings, all events, and all eras to present included.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HZixfCu129IpDHwAFpYPGcrjx84leypwFe1duiUPeTY/htmlview#

PJS299

I'm not sure if the Carousuel counts, it was released during an event. It's the oldest.

Oldest real event building is a Crows Nest. I'll dump it eventually, but for now I'm keeping it because of the small chance at diamonds.

xivarmy

I have some checkmates in my indy camping world because i hadn't got enough better stuff yet to supplant them. This event has fixed that though, so that'll be gone. And I think will move the "oldest" mark amongst my non-mines to Eagle Mountain. Some of which are likely to be torn down very soon.

I do have some cider mills for the purpose of production buildings for events, but I don't think that really counts. And they're also going to go down once I get some jumpin pumpkins.

Oh wait, sentinel outposts! Still have a bunch of those. And likely keeping them for a while still. In a year I expect to be deleting them.

Ironrooster

I keep the Winter train because I like it. But others are will go as better buildings come along. The current building will probably replace an Olympic Treasury. Some of the new side buildings will probably replace the sleigh builders.

Aristarchus1

Sleigh builders are very bad. Jesters Stages, are the same 3x2 same size, but give 133% more goods, PLUS 37% blue stats overall, plus 3.6 prints on average, plus 3 special production fragments , which if you use a high BG become 5+ prints on average and 5 special fragments on average.

The oldest event building I have is the 3x4 Hippodrome Carceres and 2 Abandon Asyslums, and I will get rid of those in the next months as well. So, my oldest will probably be the Governors Villa lv9 from summer 2020, which is pretty average now, even the Viceroy upgrade.

PJS299

Sleigh builders are very bad. Jesters Stages, are the same 3x2 same size, but give 133% more goods, PLUS 37% blue stats overall, plus 3.6 prints on average, plus 3 special production fragments , which if you use a high BG become 5+ prints on average and 5 special fragments on average.

The oldest event building I have is the 3x4 Hippodrome Carceres and 2 Abandon Asyslums, and I will get rid of those in the next months as well. So, my oldest will probably be the Governors Villa lv9 from summer 2020, which is pretty average now, even the Viceroy upgrade.
Many people keep Sleigh Builders for quests that say, "Finish a x minute production x times." They can use the SBs during the events, but also keep them in between events and produce supplies or goods they may need.

Orius Maximus

I could go with the smartass response of one of my Rogue Dens or Watchfires.

Though probably one of the Cider Mills is one of the oldest. I keep those around for the supply production quests that pop up during events. I could go with Sleigh Builders I suppose, but the Cider Mill always takes supply rushes, while the SB requires a mix of CC coin and supply rushes, and I don't know if the other productions work with the special rushes or whatever they are. I don't have many of those in stock either.

Zatrikon

I've got LOTS of old, obsolete buildings I need to get rid of!

I remember when Shrines of Knowledge were something to ooh and aah over - and that was before there was even a level two for them! Forge Points used to be a precious commodity. Now they're as common as salt.

I still keep my Wishing Wells (condensed ones to 3x2), for the chance at diamonds. And pretty much anything that can give diamonds.

But I've got some buildings that are absolute crap now. And they were seriously good buildings at the time they were built. Getting more than 1 FP per day per four spaces was once an amazing building. Now, a building isn't even worth building if it gives 1 FP/day/2 spaces.

And for the most part, I don't keep these old buildings for sentimental value or aesthetics. It's because I simply haven't bothered to do the math for which ones ought to be replaced. I even still have Victory Towers! They're next on the chopping block.

SomePlayer5000

*breathes in*
The Oracle of Delphi was a mysterious set of ruins found 20 kilometers to the southwest of Lisbon, Portugese Empire. It is a circular stone platform with steps surrounding it, including a stone-henge circular pattern around it and the statue of an unknown woman. It was the first "Wonder" built around the world, sometime between 3000 B.C and 1250 B.C, so go ahead and void literally every other wikipedia page focusing on older "wonders" history is a lie and it's only written by the victors spread the word >:C

anyway about glorious wonder,explorers and analyists are unsure of the backstory,but the most well known and circulated folktale tells that sometime during the Old World(now known as the Iberian Peninsula) Bronze Age, a mysterious woman came up the chief elder and asked for all this cool stuff for some out of this world blueprints wait whats a blueprint anyway we built that thing and everyone kinda enjoyed it and then feudalism came along and king XxJimEpicFOE69xX said "this is lame" and went into build mote, pressed delete, and spammed that button so many times he turned on sticky keys by accident, which then motivated him to lose motivation and stop playing because hes annoying by some frusturating windows thing

the ruins were first found in 1898 according to official records, which unfortunately, only one was found which miraculously flew out onto the street before the records building was scrapped due to obsolete production numbers, and just kinda chilled on the street. rumors say- wait what- bro, what the heck, you guys said we found it, we dont need the official record- BE QUIET wikipedia gets angry to not use citations you n00b sorry guys anyway

*i move away from the mic to breathe in*
we uhh found it and i guess thats cool also ol gramps on the western end of town says it once produced boxes of gaming setups and shipments of prime energy drinks which greatly helped the ancient times prosper, truly the folklore of all time

OldeDog

House of the Wolf, one in the city and three in my inventory, I have even older buildings in the inventory in the off chance there are some amazing new upgrades...

PJS299

*breathes in*
The Oracle of Delphi was a mysterious set of ruins found 20 kilometers to the southwest of Lisbon, Portugese Empire. It is a circular stone platform with steps surrounding it, including a stone-henge circular pattern around it and the statue of an unknown woman. It was the first "Wonder" built around the world, sometime between 3000 B.C and 1250 B.C, so go ahead and void literally every other wikipedia page focusing on older "wonders" history is a lie and it's only written by the victors spread the word >:C

anyway about glorious wonder,explorers and analyists are unsure of the backstory,but the most well known and circulated folktale tells that sometime during the Old World(now known as the Iberian Peninsula) Bronze Age, a mysterious woman came up the chief elder and asked for all this cool stuff for some out of this world blueprints wait whats a blueprint anyway we built that thing and everyone kinda enjoyed it and then feudalism came along and king XxJimEpicFOE69xX said "this is lame" and went into build mote, pressed delete, and spammed that button so many times he turned on sticky keys by accident, which then motivated him to lose motivation and stop playing because hes annoying by some frusturating windows thing

the ruins were first found in 1898 according to official records, which unfortunately, only one was found which miraculously flew out onto the street before the records building was scrapped due to obsolete production numbers, and just kinda chilled on the street. rumors say- wait what- bro, what the heck, you guys said we found it, we dont need the official record- BE QUIET wikipedia gets angry to not use citations you n00b sorry guys anyway

*i move away from the mic to breathe in*
we uhh found it and i guess thats cool also ol gramps on the western end of town says it once produced boxes of gaming setups and shipments of prime energy drinks which greatly helped the ancient times prosper, truly the folklore of all time
Hate to break it to ya, but the OoD is not an event building. Nice writing though lol

Dursland

Same for me here, House of Wolf. Working on replacing the 2 I have with Feta Farms.

After that next oldest is probably Eagle Mountain, and I'm also working on replacing 9 of those with Buccaneer's Bays and Laboratories.

gemstonemine

Many people keep Sleigh Builders for quests that say, "Finish a x minute production x times." They can use the SBs during the events, but also keep them in between events and produce supplies or goods they may need.
I agree- I am always looking to buy more sleigh builders at auction. I always have some empty land available for events. I build a few "Hunters Cabins" or "Astronaut Statues" when needed for quests, they only take seconds to build. Don't forget that If you build a factory and sell it immediately you can technically gain population.

Zatrikon

I still have a Grand Bridge. It's not very good, but I just like having a bit of Venice.
I also have the Piazza set and the Hippodrome, and the Christmas Train and the Statue of Honor/Road to victory.

IMO, these multi-piece sets are the most inconvenient and seem to go obsolete the fastest.