• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When should I move into CE?

DeletedUser27023

The question might be subjective but are there any guidelines you all used before you went from PME to CE? Most of my GBs are near or above 10. I've got about 2k of ea PME good and 600 ea of CE. I'm guessing I will need PE goods for production of which I have only about 1100 ea. I'm chomping at the bit cause I had heard CE was much better but who knows. Would love to hear from ya all.

DeletedUser26965

Beats me because it is subjective.

Forge Points 1,530
Coins 10,025,914
Supplies 12,351,147
Goods 8,780 (PE, ME, PME, CE)

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Contemporary_Era
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Contemporary

And yes you will need PE goods to make CE goods but don't forget your goods GB's will switch to making PE goods

E2joCz1.jpg

Algona

If you fight GE you will want all attack GBs at lvl 10 minimum and enough FPs and Goods (especially Electromagnets) to get to Mobile Air Defense fast. AA and Choppers are the bomb in CE.

How are you set on Goods GBs? That can help a lot with the ProgE Goods.

Hood luck!

DeletedUser26120

You're at about the same place I was in PME before moving up and I don't regret moving up at all. Love this age, plan to stay a long time.

You should go ahead right after GE starts so you can try to get troops from relics (relics upgrade to your new age, the chests don't).

I'd like to mention that I don't have mobile air defense researched and I have AAVs just fine thanks to GE each week.

DeletedUser

If you fight GE you will want all attack GBs at lvl 10 minimum and enough FPs and Goods (especially Electromagnets) to get to Mobile Air Defense fast. AA and Choppers are the bomb in CE.

How are you set on Goods GBs? That can help a lot with the ProgE Goods.

Hood luck!
Yes, the Anti-Aircraft Vehicle with 7 Rogues was almost my exclusive army lineup in CE. I used Helicopter with 7 rogues if the defense army had 4 or more artillery and no AAVs. I also used 7 Missile Artillery with 1 AAV if there were no Strike Team or Helicopters in the defense.

As far as when to do it, I generally just get up one morning and decide I'm going to move up. I'm here to relax, not stress over exactly the right move or exactly the right moment. A lot of people here don't play that way, but it is a game, right?

DeletedUser27023

I didn't include my FP, gold and supply count but I'm a bit of a hoarder:

Gold: 212m
Supplies: 124m
FPs: 2413

I guess I felt that the level of my GBs was the most important. My unboosted atk/def isn't great at 87/69 but prob okay.

DeletedUser28970

"When should I move into CE?"

I hear they've got a problem with Bedbugs right now (too many unwashed campers from the Middle ages).
Give it at least 2 weeks for the exterminators to do their job. :eek:

DeletedUser

"When should I move into CE?"

I hear they've got a problem with Bedbugs right now (too many unwashed campers from the Middle ages).
Give it at least 2 weeks for the exterminators to do their job. :eek:
If there were exterminators anywhere near this game, do you think you'd still be posting? Hmm? :p

DeletedUser27184

I have a city in ME that I parked since April. Most of my GB's are level 10, and some more (arc is touching the 20).
I kind of like the parking parts of the game much more then the advancing. There are good reasons, IMO, for that:
1. You reach higher effective FP production. With good FP swaps you can add half again of FP to your own original FP production. So its really effective when you park and don't waste FP into tech advances.
2. I can farm GE4 easily (I got the PME troops), and there is a lot of gvg around ME in my guild. So lots of fighting to do.
3. I farm this era nicely using CR HQS bible. Got tons of goods that I switch for advance era goods. Medals for expansions and such.
4. And a small personal dislike - I don't like all the building switching needed when you advance an era. You have to rebuild your city again and again. The buildings get bigger which I can understand the reason behind it, but I don't like it.

I cant see myself leave this era any time soon. But I do tend to suddenly just snap and move. It just take a much longer parking time then most.