• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When to Level Space Carrier

MJ Artisan of War

Is it best to wait to level Space Carrier until you reach Artic Future for the most benefit?
Have one planted at level 10 but had heard it is best to wait.
Thanks in advance for your response.....

P C C

There's a tradeoff, and it may depend on how quickly you eventually raise it. Waiting till AF allows you more double dips giving special goods rather than medals (and you save the space in your city) but means you start off getting fewer special goods early off in AF. I waited to build mine until AF and it worked fine for me. Given yours is already built, you might also consider taking it to the next level that gives you one more opportunity for diplomatic gifts, as that's the main benefit prior to AF

xivarmy

I tried doing most of the levelling at the start of OF on one world. Unfortunately, its OF production is still *mostly* promethium, not orichalcum, so it didn't have the impact hoped for. My current guess is that the weights for particular ores are fixed, and when it hits one you can't have it defaults to promethium such that in OF promethium has its own share + all the space ores shares, while ori just has 1 share.

Still I'd consider that the two main choices if you're going to use it for ore : powerlevel in AF or powerlevel in OF. Ideally quickly giving you many productions in 1 day so you also get up to speed on production relatively promptly and hopefully unlock your first harbor upgrade.

Could split it up to something like level 41 or 58 in AF and level 91 in OF if you wanted a little of both worlds.

Dominator - X

Petty much depends on how you play the game. If you are not much of a fighter, take your time in the post future ages, and don't worry too much about your SC level.

If you are a fighter....... Level it to the sweet spot prior to entering AF. That way it is cheap to level. When you get to AF, level it several times a day to get Promethium as quickly as possible. It is also good to have an AI past its' sweet spot to supplement your daily Prom production. I leveled mine to about level 60 prior to entering AF. It won't be a huge help, but it will add some Prom to each trip your ship makes.
You will hate the troops in AF and OF, compared to HT's if fighting is a huge part of your game. Getting Promethium quickly, will help get to OF and then VF as quickly as possible. Only level it enough times to get out of AF and then do the same in OF to get to VF. VF troops are better than AF and OF troops, but they still bite, compared to Future troops (HT's). As a fighter, you can stay there a little bit longer, while getting enough Special Goods to get to SAM, where the Sentinels are much better than any post future age troops.

Sledgie

Is it best to wait to level Space Carrier until you reach Artic Future for the most benefit?
Have one planted at level 10 but had heard it is best to wait.
Thanks in advance for your response.....
You know my approach. I didn't place until AF, did 0-64 in AF, finished AF in 5 days. Aged up to OF. Deleted and went 0-64 twice in OF then double dipped daily to 91. I spent 21 days in OF and 6 days in VF. Total of 32 days from FE to SAM.

Of course I had no desire to camp in AF-VF. You on the other hand had no desire to camp in FE ;)

MJ Artisan of War

I'm still in Contemporary actually...... But i like to plan far ahead.....
Will next jump to future and camp there at least a year....
Unless INNO starts charging us a daily cash fee to play..... Then I'll leave.....
Thanks for all the sound advice!

xivarmy

You will hate the troops in AF and OF, compared to HT's if fighting is a huge part of your game. Getting Promethium quickly, will help get to OF and then VF as quickly as possible. Only level it enough times to get out of AF and then do the same in OF to get to VF. VF troops are better than AF and OF troops, but they still bite, compared to Future troops (HT's). As a fighter, you can stay there a little bit longer, while getting enough Special Goods to get to SAM, where the Sentinels are much better than any post future age troops.
Personally I hate HTs :p And I somewhat like OF fighting (and prefer AF to FE even if I'd rather be in neither :p)! It depends what you're looking for :)

I think if people didn't tell everyone in advance "you're going to hate this", AF+OF might stand a fairer shake. The only *real* problem with AF+OF is that if you *do* wind up hating them, you're still going to be there a while.

xivarmy

2 Turts, 2 Eels/Crabs/Subs as enemy combo dictates, 4 Rogues. This is the best template for me so far.
IIRC my most used armies:

- 8 gliders (best if lots of turtles on defense)
- 2 Subs + 6 Rogues (most generic)
- 4-6 Turtles + rest rogues (cleanest win when it's not countered)

I did try some 4 turtle + 2 sub + 2 rogues at low attrition at least for the sake of not subbing things out when a glider would show up.

At high attrition I did try some creative things at times to get further though. Which is what I find most lacking in the 1-good-unit ages - as that tends to mean no-good-counter for that 1-good-unit.

stymie of Suwannee

There’s a “power bubble“ in Future, made bad by so-so attack stats. Years ago in Cirgard, my mentor talked me into skipping Tomorrow and Hovertanks were great. Great enough to not prioritize my attack stats and of course, I didn’t spend more than 6-7 months in Future. At under 1000\750, I left the Future feeling like the greatest. Started AF looking like the worstest. Losing GE fights, hobbled GbG. Didn’t take too long to get back to standards and redefined my game & strategies, particularly in my younger Tuulech city.

Dominator - X

Personally I hate HTs :p And I somewhat like OF fighting (and prefer AF to FE even if I'd rather be in neither :p)! It depends what you're looking for :)

I think if people didn't tell everyone in advance "you're going to hate this", AF+OF might stand a fairer shake. The only *real* problem with AF+OF is that if you *do* wind up hating them, you're still going to be there a while.
No sane-of-mind person likes the troops in AF and OF if they are efficient fighters. No one. Especially when compared to HT's, because there is no comparison. HT's are way superior to any combination of AF, OF or VF troops, all things even. This is not a psychological issue, this is a reality issue. They suck. No one told me they would suck in advance. I wish they had. I wish I had inquired. I figured that out on my own, through experience. As such, I tell anyone and everyone who asks (and some who don't) what to expect and how to get through those ages as quickly as possible, if fighting is an important part of their game.
There is no reason to be there any longer than necessary. Following the path I (and others) have explained will ease the pain and get you out of those ages and back to better fighting much quicker. Or, one can ignore it and find out just how sucky those troops are, on one's own... and regret it. That said, I also throw in the caveat, if you will, to ignore my advice, If fighting is not a primary focus, and to take their time through those eras.
FOE is a game of choices. One can choose to play the game however they want. However, if you are a fighter, you might want to educate yourself as much as possible prior to entering AF, since it is a wholly different kind of age, compared to previous ages, with the troop ability decline and the need for special resources to get through the Tech Tree. You can't just rush through it, (once you realise how sucky the troops are) by trading or hoarding ahead of time. You need a plan in place, ahead of time. That's all I am saying.

Hawjack

I'm at the end of OF, and about to age up to VF. Personally, for me, what I did was basically this:
  • Level an A.I. Core to level 60 prior to aging out of FE
  • Level an SC to level 10 prior to aging out of FE
  • Age up to AF
  • Level SC to 40, double dipping one level per day... then park it
  • Eventually, age up to OF
  • Level SC to 60, double dipping one level per day
Once in OF, there were some of those SC levels where I was collecting Prometh instead of Orch... but that's okay. The bonus from the A.I. Core, in my opinion, is VERY nice to boost what you collect from the ship and sub.

If I were in FE now, I would just sit there, stockpile Hovers and bank enough FP to fund those listed bullet points. But again, that's just me.

As always, remember to have fun and enjoy the journey :)

Last edited: