• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When / why did the Renovation Kit image change?

Johnny B. Goode

Not yet.. You claimed that I have told you that you were wrong for not liking something and I simply asked you to provide an example of when this occurred. That said, I do not believe that this ever happened but will gladly apologize if, and when, you provide the example.
Dude, you are constantly telling everyone that they're wrong for not liking a change. Everybody here knows it, so you're not fooling anyone with this innocent act. You defend everything Inno does regardless of game balance or player enjoyment. The only times you don't outright defend a change, you tell people to "give it time" before they complain. As if bad changes will be like dog poop and stop smelling after a while. Ridiculous.

All that being said, I have neither positive nor negative feelings about the change to the Reno/One Up icons. I didn't see a need to change them, but I don't hate the new ones. Basically it's a non-issue to me. Kind of like having too many BPs or too many lower era goods.

Pericles the Lion

Dude, you are constantly telling everyone that they're wrong for not liking a change. Everybody here knows it, so you're not fooling anyone with this innocent act. You defend everything Inno does regardless of game balance or player enjoyment. The only times you don't outright defend a change, you tell people to "give it time" before they complain. As if bad changes will be like dog poop and stop smelling after a while. Ridiculous.

All that being said, I have neither positive nor negative feelings about the change to the Reno/One Up icons. I didn't see a need to change them, but I don't hate the new ones. Basically it's a non-issue to me. Kind of like having too many BPs or too many lower era goods.
I'll give you the same challenge wise-guy. Show us one of my posts where I told a player that they were wrong for not liking a change. Put up or shut up.

Emberguard

Age down in beta ???? Please do elaborate !

This is all they've found so far. It's not implemented yet:

reward_icon_restoration_kit-d623dc3db.png

reward_icon_one_down_kit-cb1110467.png

Pericles the Lion

That's like challenging someone to find a cloud on a rainy day. Find me one where you didn't tell someone they were wrong. I'll wait.
Just like I thought. Just a lot of hot air.
I'll give you the same challenge wise-guy. Show us one of my posts where I told a player that they were wrong for not liking a change. Put up or shut up.
I did not tell you that you were wrong in this post. But I will now. You are wrong, I have not told another player that they were wrong for not liking a change in the game.

Pericles the Lion

You are telling yourself that you are wrong right here , my reading skills are fine (they are not wrong lol)

View attachment 21174
Let me break it down for you. In the post I did not say that he was wrong. I challenged him to prove that he was right. I thought that he was wrong but kept this to myself. In my second post I did say that he was wrong. At no point did I say that I was wrong. Got it now?

Sharmon the Impaler

Let me break it down for you. In the post I did not say that he was wrong. I challenged him to prove that he was right. I thought that he was wrong but kept this to myself. In my second post I did say that he was wrong. At no point did I say that I was wrong. Got it now?
You replied to your own message on the bottom , that's how a point form response works btw.

Sharmon the Impaler

You just like arguing with anyone that doesn't like a change. You either need help or are compensated by Inno. 2429 messages and the bulk of them are arguing with people , you should find another game pumpkin ;)

Emberguard

What is to gain by leveling down an age? I can't think of it unless I am missing it.

One of the main reasons people have requested it over the years is Guild Goods production.

If you want to bring in new players to established Guilds that's going to bring in a cost to Guild Treasury. New players don't have the same production ability that established cities have. At the same time you don't want to keep buildings from 3+ years ago unless you really have nothing better to place. If you're Aging up you're going to be limited in your options for previous Age goods if you're aiming to keep your city upto date

Even if everyone only down-aged one building each, something like the (Gold upgraded) Laboratory of Monstrosities would be a pretty big deal to help the treasury in a Age that's struggling. (90 Guild Goods x 80 players) x 7 days = 50,400 goods injected per week, plus it'd create goods for that Age which could then be donated manually.

Another use would be for Oceanic and Arctic Future goods production. Because the game requires Orichalcum and Promethium in every Age after they're introduced players end up keeping grossly outdated buildings just to make sure they never run out of goods to keep producing the Orichalcum and Promethium without relying on the Space Carrier. The Space Carrier gets worse each subsequent Space Age due to it splitting the chances with another Special Good each time another Age is introduced

Alternatively you could use them on something like the Jumpin' Pumpkin or Magical Winter Snow Globe. Buildings with massive requirements of Population or Happiness reduction in higher Ages.

The only thing you'd lose in reducing the Age for Magical Winter Snow Globe is some of the Forge Points. Because you'd still receive the full output of Renovation Kits and One Up Kits it could be worth reducing the Age so instead of taking up 10,300 Population + removing 36,670 Happiness the building only needs 166 Population and removes 1,620 Happiness

Same thing with the Jumpin' Pumpkin. In the Space Ages the coins and supplies are more important to keep coming in, therefore enthusiastic cities have some value. Keeping the Pumpkin in Titan would require 20,196 Population and remove 24,510 Happiness. Sending it back to Bronze Age would reduce that to 324 Population and remove 1,090 Happiness.

This would be great for Events as then you're still getting army bonuses on that space which is an improvement over blacksmiths while reducing the need for population if you don't have enough to place down more pumpkins

Jakobi007

That is something I actually never noticed or knew, I did not realize that the buildings produced goods from the building age. I assumed it was from the age that you were in.

So the Lab of Monstrosities, if the building is leveled to Space Age Mars, but I am currently in Space Age Asteroid Belt...then when I collect from that building it would be resources from Space Age Mars? That is what it sounds like. Interesting.

I thought that bringing the building up to age it just helped with ranking for the most part, but I never thought of the goods. I assumed the goods were from your age regardless of the building age.

Emberguard

So the Lab of Monstrosities, if the building is leveled to Space Age Mars, but I am currently in Space Age Asteroid Belt...then when I collect from that building it would be resources from Space Age Mars? That is what it sounds like. Interesting.

Correct. If the building itself was Mars Age it'd keep producing Mars goods regardless of your current technological Age. Same with Units. The Units produced will be determined by the Age of the building

I thought that bringing the building up to age it just helped with ranking for the most part, but I never thought of the goods. I assumed the goods were from your age regardless of the building age.

There are a few buildings that automatically upgrade to your current Age, but these are very limited in number compared to those that stay in the Age you received them in.

When it comes to Great Buildings, any that produce goods on collection will be 3 Ages below you once you're in Modern Era. Any Great Buildings that produce goods through indirect means or in limited charges will be current Age refined goods

Sharmon the Impaler

Since you think is okay to call players names....I like this game just fine

Since you think is okay to call players names....I like this game just fine jackass.
You do it all the time , ya go look for it. We can start with eeyore wannabe and continue on with whiner in about every 10 th post. These are examples even you can find. You seem to like calling people that , eeyore being an adult male donkey which is called the same thing.

Last edited: