• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When / why did the Renovation Kit image change?

xivarmy

This is all they've found so far. It's not implemented yet:

reward_icon_restoration_kit-d623dc3db.png

reward_icon_one_down_kit-cb1110467.png
It's hilarious that as one of the biggest reasons this is wanted is leaving (GvG and lower age champions retreats/treasury goods production), it's finally showing up.

It'll still be good in some situations for reducing the population impact of certain buildings - but I think it's getting closer to the point they always contended should be the case "why should you want a lower age building?" and now it finally might be coming :p

Pericles the Lion

You do it all the time , ya go look for it. We can start with eeyore wannabe and continue on with whiner in about every 10 th post. These are examples even you can find. You seem to like calling people that , eeyore being an adult male donkey which is called the same thing.
Fact check. You are exaggerating. Not "all the time". Not "every 10th post". Not even close.

jaymoney23456

It's hilarious that as one of the biggest reasons this is wanted is leaving (GvG and lower age champions retreats/treasury goods production), it's finally showing up.

It'll still be good in some situations for reducing the population impact of certain buildings - but I think it's getting closer to the point they always contended should be the case "why should you want a lower age building?" and now it finally might be coming :p
now there is more reason than ever for lower age buildings that can produce lower age goods due to astronomical cost of GbG buildings now. I played GvG for a while and its ok when your not facing bots constantly, but I never understood the obsession of some on GvG and acting like its the best thing ever invented in gaming!

xivarmy

now there is more reason than ever for lower age buildings that can produce lower age goods due to astronomical cost of GbG buildings now. I played GvG for a while and its ok when your not facing bots constantly, but I never understood the obsession of some on GvG and acting like its the best thing ever invented in gaming!
The difference is the only reason you need lower age goods in GBG is that you have lower age players. So if they're carrying their weight (or will soon), you don't need to make the goods yourself. And if they're not, getting rid of them also solves the problem.

In GvG there's no escaping the need for lower age goods if you want to play on the map in question.

jaymoney23456

The difference is the only reason you need lower age goods in GBG is that you have lower age players. So if they're carrying their weight (or will soon), you don't need to make the goods yourself. And if they're not, getting rid of them also solves the problem.

In GvG there's no escaping the need for lower age goods if you want to play on the map in question.
Not true for GbG. You could have a couple players who have good treasury contributions and still need a lot more goods for the age in question. An undisciplined guild in GvG could end up spending 100k of each good in an age in a single night. No amount of treasury donations can make up for that kind of overspending. Guilds that didn't overextend themselves were usually fine with goods for GvG as long as they didn't overextend themselves, at least more so than for this new GbG.

Pericles the Lion

and why should they? lol Lots of times changes that occur in life aren't very good. Sometimes they are but many times changes make some aspect of life harder and or more annoying.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." — John F. Kennedy.

jaymoney23456

Doubtful. Most people accept change as part of life. Most people also like good change. The same people, on the other hand, dislike bad changes. You, apparently, can't tell the difference...in people or in change. :rolleyes:
This is true. For example, many liked it when inno group all healthy units together and put all the injured ones after them so I don't have to scroll through a bunch of units when I need to change them out.

xivarmy

Not true for GbG. You could have a couple players who have good treasury contributions and still need a lot more goods for the age in question. An undisciplined guild in GvG could end up spending 100k of each good in an age in a single night. No amount of treasury donations can make up for that kind of overspending. Guilds that didn't overextend themselves were usually fine with goods for GvG as long as they didn't overextend themselves, at least more so than for this new GbG.
Then the best way to get those GBG contributions is to get even more "good treasury contributions" built up in those lower age cities. In the long run, you will not proportionately need more goods than you have players in any age. If a player is pulling their weight for your average goods needs, you will be fine there, in the long run (even if in a particular season you're drained there - in other seasons you'll wind up stockpiling instead).

Emberguard

Then the best way to get those GBG contributions is to get even more "good treasury contributions" built up in those lower age cities. In the long run, you will not proportionately need more goods than you have players in any age.

It still takes time to build that up. You don't start with a fully developed city producing 4k+ Treasury Goods daily. You're always going to have significantly more less developed cities in the lower Ages simply because that's where everyone starts

If a player is pulling their weight for your average goods needs, you will be fine there, in the long run (even if in a particular season you're drained there - in other seasons you'll wind up stockpiling instead).

I don't think anyone is contesting whether a player should pull their weight. Of course they should be striving to contribute. Fact is a city under 6 months old isn't going to be producing to the same standard as a city that's been running for 3+ years. They still need a Guild to grow and the best place to grow is a competitive Guild

By having the more established cities help on the Age with the weakest treasury balance it makes it much more viable to bring in younger cities to competitive Guilds so they can actually grow and have fun.

jaymoney23456

Then the best way to get those GBG contributions is to get even more "good treasury contributions" built up in those lower age cities. In the long run, you will not proportionately need more goods than you have players in any age. If a player is pulling their weight for your average goods needs, you will be fine there, in the long run (even if in a particular season you're drained there - in other seasons you'll wind up stockpiling instead).
I agree that having higher or lower age buildings that produce goods (one down kit) won't help in the long run. Sometimes though what is really needed is short term help for a specific good on a map where you spend a lot of one kind of good.

xivarmy

It still takes time to build that up. You don't start with a fully developed city producing 4k+ Treasury Goods daily. You're always going to have significantly more less developed cities in the lower Ages simply because that's where everyone starts

I don't think anyone is contesting whether a player should pull their weight. Of course they should be striving to contribute. Fact is a city under 6 months old isn't going to be producing to the same standard as a city that's been running for 3+ years. They still need a Guild to grow and the best place to grow is a competitive Guild

By having the more established cities help on the Age with the weakest treasury balance it makes it much more viable to bring in younger cities to competitive Guilds so they can actually grow and have fun.
I don't think the most competitive guilds let in those players for the most part (except for maybe friends they know from somewhere else). And the less competitive guilds don't have near the expenses to need 4k treasury goods a day out of a player.

Furthermore the advanced players wanting to help out the situation would be better off rushing the lower player's buildings at a FP loss than having a lower age building making goods themself. It takes a lot to make an impact through event buildings on treasury.

I agree that having higher or lower age buildings that produce goods (one down kit) won't help in the long run. Sometimes though what is really needed is short term help for a specific good on a map where you spend a lot of one kind of good.

And how much can you really make in the short run by deleveling a building? Even if it's one of the best, that's what 150 goods a day - either random or evenly spread? And probably takes multiple kits per building to get to the precise era you want? If you level the lower player's building 15 times that's 150 goods a day, improved longterm prospects, AND 15 bonus collections that probably made you a burst of a few thousand for the help you need *now*. All while only requiring FP that let's face it as an advanced player you have more than you have good use for personally in this age of rampant power creep.

jimakoskx

:D:D:D:D:D:D

HAHAHAH-hahahah

Nice post men !
The important thing is that who every is here is because he wants to PLAY !
So even if posts warm a little the spirits .. up.. then we are all good.
-------
And secondly ...Did you notice ?

ScreamingZive , the post-ER of this post
did NOT use any pictures like Jacobi007 did !!!

So from this we can understand that it is all some consirancy !!!:p:p:p:p
...with ScreamingZive being with her cat on the shoulders
somewhere sitting in a big arm-chair !!!
...holding fishing tools !!!

ahhahahhahha :D:D:D:D
(I said to offer you some):cool::cool: