• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which Great Buildings to delete?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

If you have the desire to click a spot, click a different spot, click a second different spot, click a third different spot, click a fourth different spot and then click those 5 exact spots over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again without going mad, then good for you. I've been playing this game for almost 12 years, I can't muster up the desire to mindlessly click identical spots for negligible gain. I have 87 billion coins that just keep accumulating.

Ebeondi Asi

///
You don't need coins, unless INNO adds in a feature to buy 100+ FP with a single click. No one is buying them 10 at a time, using them, and repeating that process 5000 times.
I was buying thousands when it was only one Forge Point per click. Ten is a real luxury. I hope the buy system stays as it is. Why give lazy players an easy fix? ;):p

Dursland

I've been playing this game for almost 12 years, I can't muster up the desire to mindlessly click identical spots for negligible gain.
If you've been playing this game for 12 years you've already done a lot of mindless clicking.

There was no auto aid back then, fps were limited to 10 being added to GBs, etc.

There's far less clicking on FoE these days than in the past - other than that collection popup.

Orius Maximus

I'd honestly say if you don't need the FP, dump the Cape. That's all it does. Some of the new event buildings are already producing ridiculous amounts of FP, and the Forgotten Temples add a boost on top of that.

The Hagia is another GB that might be less worthwhile now. If you don't need the happiness or FP, it's got a pretty big footprint that's taking up valuable space. I'm keeping mine for now though.

Inno Tower is probably another to drop if you don't need the population or FP.

I have no plans to ever build the Flying Island. I hate doing settlements with the exception of Egypt and maybe Japan, and even then they aren't really worth the time anymore.

Virgo Project is a borderline GB. Yeah, it's great when it kicks in, but the uses are so limited. It's best used for GE, and even then it's not too useful if you're strong enough.

BG, ToR, and GT all have their uses. Sure the GT's goods production is crap past PE, and I don't even get attacked on my main, but there's no way to know how much of a deterrence simply having a GT can be.

Some of this does come down to personal preference too though.

Eman

Personally, I'd definitely keep the CC and BG.

This is just my opinion:

Inno Tower - Lvl 100 (delete)
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96 (keep)
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57 (delete)
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32 (I was thinking about deleting mine, but a friend told me to keep it. So that's up to you)
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10 (keep+level)
Galata Tower - Lvl 17 (Like JBG said, it's so small, I'd just keep it)
Virgo Project - Lvl 12 (Depends on how much fighting you do)
Flying Island - Lvl 12 (delete immediately)
May I ask why you would delete FI?

Darkest.Knight

I get mass self-aids from FI quite often and enough other rewards to keep it, never put up GT or VG and I deleted my HS to make room. I'm keeping my 103 CC and I'll eventually trash IT.

Emberguard

May I ask why you would delete FI?

Summary:
A lot of overlap with Temple of Relics. Twice the cost. Less items spawned per week

Longer explanation:
For Flying Island, reasonably high probability you won't be around long enough to have the building pay back the Forge Points you put into it.

So the value shifts towards the Units, Goods, Store Building, Reno, One-Up, Mass Aid etc. Anything that's not Forge Points

On the basis of those not-FP items would I want a Flying Island for the purpose of city growth?

Not personally because I already get more than I can use of the kits from Daily Challenges + Guild Expeditions. The Nutcracker Guardhouses cover Mass Aid while also providing Red army stats. I can't kill off my Units fast enough to utilize another Unit source. I don't need goods and any alternatives I could place down in that same space will produce Forge Points without costing Forge Points.

So for MY city, a Flying Island would do absolutely nothing for city growth for a number of years. Once it's paid its own costs to level it would also need to outproduce potential revenue from anything I could have placed instead of Flying Island. Might as well be a giant decoration

A lot of veteran players seem to also be of the opinion by the time you gather the blueprints, build it and raise it to a level where it's useful you've probably already outgrown the non-FP rewards, and the Forge Points production doesn't scale well enough for it to be placed on a Forge Point basis.

If I were doing it on the basis of Mass Aid Kit in a brand new city I'd have to work out how often that'll provide a Mass Aid Kit between now and next years Winter Event, and how far I could actually level it up in that time frame assuming Inno doesn't provide anything else for Mass Aid Kits during the year.

Temple of Relics
  • Lvl 60:
    • Spawn chance: 30.25%
    • Relics per week (64 encounters): 19.36
    • Relics per week (80 encounters): 24.2
    • Cost (1.9): 14,403
  • Lvl 80:
    • Spawn chance: 32.5%
    • Relics per week (64 encounters): 20.8
    • Relics per week (80 encounters): 26
    • Cost (1.9): 25,909
  • Lvl 100:
    • Spawn chance: 33.75%
    • Relics per week (64 encounters): 21.6
    • Relics per week (80 encounters): 27
    • Cost (1.9): 58,253

Flying Island
  • Lvl 60:
    • Spawn chance: 37.68%
    • Shards per week: 15.8
    • Cost (1.9): 30,941
  • Lvl 80:
    • Spawn chance: 42.52%
    • Shards per week: 17.9
    • Cost (1.9): 55,215
  • Lvl 100:
    • Spawn chance: 46.1%
    • Shards per week: 19.4
    • Cost (1.9): 123,004

For working out shards per week, I'm basing it on there being 42 chances per week, as stated by the Beta CM back when Flying Island was introduced:

lordwasa (Former Beta CM) said:
The day is divided in 6 different timeslots. During this timeslot 1 shard can appear.
During this timeslot of 4 hours a shard can appear. This will be at a random time, there is no set time when the shard appears.
If a shard appears, you have 24 hours to claim this shard or it will disappear again.
It is possible that a second shard appears when the first one hasn't been collected yet. f.e. a shard appeard at 2 am and a new one appears at 11:13 am without that the first has been collected.
lordwasa (Former Beta CM) said:
The mysterious shard is one of the six rewards you can get from a rare shard. If you get a mysterious shard in the Vikings or Japanese settlement, you will receive 300 random goods of your age. If you get the mysterious shard in the Egyptians or Aztecs settlement, you will receive 150 forge points.

The main thing going for Flying Island is fun, effort required to collect and size of the building. Look at that animation. Really awesome visuals to look at.

You don't need to do the Cultural Settlements, just have one running to collect the Shards. So super expensive, but you don't need to do anything other than open up a Settlement and collect.

Ok the Flying Island provides 10 units instead of the 5 Temple of Relics does. But the fact you only get 42 chances to spawn shards VS the 80 chances for relics eats into that higher reward output by producing less often.

Mor-Rioghain

If you are planning on a total dump of those GBs I would only consider keeping the ToR & BG provided you actually play GE - at all. Running the expedition with no relics is ghastly! I would hang onto the BG as others have suggested - but put those fps to work and get it to 91! To make it more valuable to you on your 2x collections you might want to consider the items in your city that offer resources you can't get or are difficult to get elsewhere such as frags, goods, units, supplies, or treasury goods and so forth. It's easy to be blinded by the 2x fps and ignore the other things but I am always mindful of them based on advice and experience. Treasury goods, for example - I use my first hit on my L2 ToC and I adore that I can obtain 2x800 goods for my guild's treasury! That challenges a single collect on pretty much any of my treasury gbs outside of my Arc!

Something I've over-looked in the past - make sure that you have enough items in inventory to fill up the space you free up after deleting/storing so much stuff. I will often go through my inventory to find the things I'd like to put into my city and calculate how many tiles I'd gain/lose by swapping stuff out. More often than not I've been surprised at how little space I'd actually need to put down those items that are most important to me.

Portia the Benevolent

I am completely out of space in my city again. Although I have some things I can get rid of, I'm thinking it's time to start trimming back on my Great Buildings. I'm currently collecting almost 2k FP a day so I think I'm ok there. These are the GBs I'm thinking to destroy:

Inno Tower - Lvl 100
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10
Galata Tower - Lvl 17
Virgo Project - Lvl 12
Flying Island - Lvl 12

I think I've made up my mind to get rid of all but the first two because they are such a high level. Any reasons to keep the others? I know BG gives me a chance double production but it's only level 10 and recently I've been ignoring it anyway and just hitting the 5 diamond collect.
Dump Inno. I never had it but everyone I know who had it dumped it.

Disgruntled Veteran

Dump Inno. I never had it but everyone I know who had it dumped it.

I was on a foolish crusade to get every GB. I stopped myself (far too late) and asked here in the forums what I should get rid of. (Really wish I would have asked what to build long beforehand) I went from 38 GB’s down to 21, cursing myself the whole time for all those wasted goods and fps. A persons game can greatly tighten up after colossal mistakes like that…

CDmark

To help, knowing your era and event building success.

Temple of Relics - Lvl 32 (I was thinking about deleting mine, but a friend told me to keep it. So that's up to you)

Your event building success is an important factor

1) F2P - you get the full event building but really nothing more, usually place bronze, GBs are more help for this type of player
2) Occasional diamond spender, usually get extras in events, this is actually me. Some events I will spend because I like what is offered, So, GB's lose value
3) Spender, silver or gold league usually - well only the BG matters, the rest you get from event buildings

VIRGO (GONE)
I am PME - I have absolutely no need for a Virgo.
Some in SAT like the Virgo for GE5.
I don't think other ages really need this GB, limited hits, best case, 70% and 5 attempts, I would get rid of it. Large FP investment to get it to be that productive too.

GALATA (GONE)
Small footprint and cheap to level. Is it needed? Goods 3 ages back ME and on, 47% chance, 6 attempts L71, not sure it is worth investing FPs.

HAGIA (BYE BYE invested FPs)
FPs are always nice to get but yours is L57, so if you delete now, no more investment, you would be OK. Mine is 100, harder decision for me when it comes time space is an bigger issue for me. Had I known where Inno was going with event buildings, I would have deleted it before I did the 60 to 100 level march.

FLYING ISLAND and ToR (GONE)
You don't have a lot invested in the FI, to get it good, L60. It gives goods and FPs, CF and Cape, so I would get rid of it. ToR also fits into this category, some goodies from GE, L32 so some investment.

INNO TOWER
L100, I would keep it for now. I am noticing these auxiliary event buildings, like the recent winter spa, need population. There should be plenty from event buildings, even if you are #1, F2P. I would delete the above first, then see where things are going with the game.

CAPE
I am on the KEEP IT side of the fence, 96 FP guaranteed, would be very hard for me to delete.

BG STAYS, get it to 68, doing double dips all the way up, then next stop, L91, same with double dips.

Sharmon the Impaler

To help, knowing your era and event building success.

CAPE
I am on the KEEP IT side of the fence, 96 FP guaranteed, would be very hard for me to delete.
The new building Santa Showtime has 58 FP in SAT. Hitting it with the special production finished twice is 116 FP on 9 squares. Much better than CC which can not be dipped into unlimited times like the Showtime if you have one.