• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why can't phones access GvG

DeletedUser25273

GvG is one of the features not supported on Mobile. Inno hasn't said why,

DeletedUser27149

Our guild has players that would help in GvG, but they can't access GvG on their phones.

Why doesn't Inno support GvG on phones?
They have been promising it for ages. They don't tell you that when you download the app that without a computer you only get 49% of the game and you will be left out of much of the game. You also can't play the treasure hunt or see who has what trades in the market.

DeletedUser13838

It's just the opposite as I believe Inno stated that gvg will not be coming to mobile. Howver, there are supposedly browsers available on certain mobile devices that allow flash games like foe. I never tried them though.

DeletedUser27149

Where in this description does it say - you only get HALF the game?? I believe if you search the forums you will find that they have indeed said that they were looking to make GvG available. Tell me, honestly, when you buy a car you assume you will get a whole car, not just a car body with the floor cut out so you can push it with your feet.

Come and play Forge of Empires! Take control over a city and become the leader of an aspiring kingdom. Guide it through the ages, research new technologies, expand your empire and live through an epic story. Battle other players and prove your skills as king and warlord.

FEATURES

- Build your city and evolve from the Stone Age to modern times (and beyond).
- Develop new technologies and discover new buildings and goods
- Produce supplies to manufacture goods
- Exchange your goods and trade with your neighbors
- Discover new territories and seize control of the provinces and their rewards
- Use your negotiation or battle skills to take over sector by sector

Forge of Empires is based on our successful browser strategy game which was published by InnoGames, developers of fantasy strategy game Elvenar, in the summer of 2012. Finally, the online strategy game is available for Android as well, providing cross-platform access.

Forge of Empires is free to download and install. However, some game features can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable inapp purchases in your device's settings. A network connection is also required.

DeletedUser26965

I believe if you search the forums you will find that they have indeed said that they were looking to make GvG available.
They mentioned considering Treasure Hunt for mobile but GvG looks like it wont work.

@18:01 Treasure Hunt @21:00 GvG "is a very complex feature and very big and it looks currently that we wont be able to bring it on our mobile devices...designed for browser...bringing it to mobile would bring several bad issues with it..."

(October 26, 2016)

DeletedUser13838

Where in this description does it say - you only get HALF the game?? I believe if you search the forums you will find that they have indeed said that they were looking to make GvG available. Tell me, honestly, when you buy a car you assume you will get a whole car, not just a car body with the floor cut out so you can push it with your feet..
if you log in through a browser you'll find that you do indeed have access to gvg and treasure hunt.

DeletedUser26965

Their inability to do that was a big stated reason for introducing Guild Expeditions
Not really, they just said "...we were missing a cooperative feature in our mobile apps..." lol, missing? Did they lose GvG somewhere in the programming?:confused:Guild Expeditions

I have to say I'm growing a little worried as time goes on they will never do anything to spice up the game GvG/PvP wise, they're just too focused on mobile now. First it was a PvP focused game (April 2012), then a GvG focused game (Feb 2014), now it's a PvE focused game (May 2016).:(

DeletedUser8152

I have to say I'm growing a little worried as time goes on they will never do anything to spice up the game GvG/PvP wise, they're just too focused on mobile now. First it was a PvP focused game (April 2012), then a GvG focused game (Feb 2014), now it's a PvE focused game (May 2016).:(
I believe that is correct.

DeletedUser25273

A can think of several reasons of having difficulty bringing GvG to the Mobile platforms.

Mobile tends to be used with poorer internet connections (even 4g is slow compared to the typical home internet), so there may be lag issues with typical environments.

Related, GvG may need to send a lot of data on the heartbeat update, an that might be too big (or too slow) for mobile. This may be particularly true for people who pay for data.

While not as much an issue for Tablets, a phone screen is small, and making battle workable at typical GvG speeds may be hard. With GE, you are not under anywhere near the time pressures as is common with GvG.

Yes, a number of these go away if you are on a 'Tablet as portable PC using WiFi", adding a mobile feature that only works under those conditions may just get them more complaints (especially for data usage).

DeletedUser27149

Meh... Make all the excuses for not having GvG on phones then download some other games and see that similar platforms not only work but are the meat of the game. If I can go into GvG with puffin or photon, then obviously there is enough data capability. Don't be mislead by big words and fancy vocabulary and technologic lingo, use your intuition and see what other companies and game hosts are doing.

The whole point is that the description on their app page does not tell the truth that you don't get the whole game unless you are willing to put it on your PC.

DeletedUser27096

Meh... Make all the excuses for not having GvG on phones then download some other games and see that similar platforms not only work but are the meat of the game. If I can go into GvG with puffin or photon, then obviously there is enough data capability. Don't be mislead by big words and fancy vocabulary and technologic lingo, use your intuition and see what other companies and game hosts are doing.

The whole point is that the description on their app page does not tell the truth that you don't get the whole game unless you are willing to put it on your PC.
Hear, hear...this has been my number one complaint since I began playing...Inno's bait and switch! Not telling people that the mobile version is an inferior product to the browser version is deceptive advertising and is illegal.

DeletedUser28505

Technically it's not. There's no law claiming the differences between a mobile and a desktop version of a game have to be disclosed.

I mean if you want to try suing them over it, feel free but it's gonna get tossed out.

DeletedUser27096

Technically it's not. There's no law claiming the differences between a mobile and a desktop version of a game have to be disclosed.

I mean if you want to try suing them over it, feel free but it's gonna get tossed out.
But if they don't say anywhere that the mobile version (product B) is missing key elements of the browser version (product A) and people buy B thinking it is as good as A, that is deceptive. Inno clearly says in its ads, "the browser game you love is now on mobile" (that is a paraphrase but is close to actual). It would be like advertising a laptop is now just a portable version of a desktop but when you get it home, you learn that the laptop has very reduced capabilities compared to the desktop. And while I certainly won't be suing them (I mean really, I have a whole list of companies I would sue before I would bother with Inno ;)), it would be interesting to run it by the DAP/FTC to see what they think. I'm curious, though, if you know of any case law or examples of any cases like this? (I am a weirdo in that I like reading legal decisions.). Thanks!

DeletedUser8152

Well, on my phone I have Google Maps, gmail, Google Drive, Skype, Twitter, Safari, Wolfram Alpha, and Netflix that are all missing features you can find on browser (I believe). Don't know that they were ever advertised to be "the same" in any way, but I guess FoE didn't exactly say that either?

Not that I think it is great that features are missing, especially things like Treasure Hunt that don't really make sense to me. But I just feel like it's unfortunate, not like it is a betrayal of trust or something.

DeletedUser13838

But if they don't say anywhere that the mobile version (product B) is missing key elements of the browser version (product A) and people buy B thinking it is as good as A, that is deceptive.
It's a free download is it not? It's about as deceptive as any other freemium app claiming to be free.