• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do we need ads

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thank you inno for removing some of the adds it's almost bearable now.
What did they remove? Chests? I gathered them all on PC earlier, so wouldn't have any, but I still see ads in the tavern and aid all.

Edit - Chests weren't removed, nothing changed, not sure what tuck is on about.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

And how many of us buy diamonds because we don't use them to get what we want? I'm not a fan of ads but claiming that it will impact diamond sales seems a bit of a stretch.

Sharmon the Impaler

Diamonds may be affected because players who have already payed a lot, buying Diamonds, may quit.

With constant ads, players like myself may just walk away from the game. The annoyance of ads may just break the proverbial camel's back.
I would suggest being able to opt out of ads and accept the manual aiding only. No problem for me.
That must be the prevailing feeling among the larger paying customers. It's insulting to spend a lot on something and have the person that sold it tell you that you and what you want don't matter to them anyway. They may want to alter their marketing methods as well. I bought twice this event for a stupid amount of WP2s and after this they send me a 50% + offer after I have been asking for one for about 3 months. SMH

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Diamonds may be affected because players who have already payed a lot, buying Diamonds, may quit.

With constant ads, players like myself may just walk away from the game. The annoyance of ads may just break the proverbial camel's back.
I would suggest being able to opt out of ads and accept the manual aiding only. No problem for me.

I'm not on mobile so I don't see the ads. Are you saying that you can't manually aid and must use aid all (and thus the ads)?

Perywinkle

Why not limit to 1 ad when you open your city? I can only imagine the high costs of everything FOE does. However, take it from someone, when an add pops up I just don't even watch it...why not offer 10 or more diamonds instead of 2 fp's etc....

Ericness

So far finding the ads easy enough to avoid when I want to. Regarding the motivation to add them, I feel like the answer is likely a combination of the following:

1. The revenue from paying players isn't covering as much as it once did.

2. Inno is looking for ways to generate extra revenue from free to play users for [reasons].

Don't know the company's finances but it does make one wonder why now. As someone else said, i would be way more tempted by that watch ad quest if it was like 10 diamonds (still just a drop in the bucket) instead of 2 fp (essentially nothing).

Johnny B. Goode

So far finding the ads easy enough to avoid when I want to. Regarding the motivation to add them, I feel like the answer is likely a combination of the following:

1. The revenue from paying players isn't covering as much as it once did.

2. Inno is looking for ways to generate extra revenue from free to play users for [reasons].

Don't know the company's finances but it does make one wonder why now. As someone else said, i would be way more tempted by that watch ad quest if it was like 10 diamonds (still just a drop in the bucket) instead of 2 fp (essentially nothing).
Well, to be fair this isn't the first time that they've tried to introduce ads, so I don't think it's a revenue problem that's prompting it. They seem to be doing just fine even with at least one past failure on this front.

Vera Septin

At the beginning of the 2023 Anniversary Event is when they ruined my mobile experience with putting the watch ads on the purple chests, tavern boost, and in the castle. I have spent a small fortune on this game so I read through the wiki page where it said spending a certain amount would make you exempt from these ads. What is that amount? Scrolling through the pay features of $3.99 US for removal of ads that is roughly $48 a year. I have easily spent over 300 years worth of having to pay $4 dollars a month to remove ads from my city. It's not an appealing look and it will definitely be leading many players out the door. Please Inno remove the ads. I truly enjoy playing this game especially on mobile.

Pericles the Lion

At the beginning of the 2023 Anniversary Event is when they ruined my mobile experience with putting the watch ads on the purple chests, tavern boost, and in the castle. I have spent a small fortune on this game so I read through the wiki page where it said spending a certain amount would make you exempt from these ads. What is that amount? Scrolling through the pay features of $3.99 US for removal of ads that is roughly $48 a year. I have easily spent over 300 years worth of having to pay $4 dollars a month to remove ads from my city. It's not an appealing look and it will definitely be leading many players out the door. Please Inno remove the ads. I truly enjoy playing this game especially on mobile.
Please read the announcement. Prior purchases have no impact on ad generation. Buying Forge Plus will block them. Or, switch to browser.

Ebeondi Asi

I read players are going to quit over the ads. I guess paying $3.99 a month is way too expensive for them? That is under fourteen cents a day. And IMO fourteen cents is probably not even paying your share of electricity, let alone the equipment and staff. LOL
So quitting a game you played and invested thousands of hours in, because you refuse (on principle of course) to pay a penny. (actually fourteen pennies) a day
I call that "Cutting off your nose to spite your face." mentality.
But go ahead and quit. No one cares. Certainly not Inno.
Yes i agree the ads are awful. So pony up the $3.99 a month. Get over it.

Angry.Blanket

I read players are going to quit over the ads. I guess paying $3.99 a month is way too expensive for them? That is under fourteen cents a day. And IMO fourteen cents is probably not even paying your share of electricity, let alone the equipment and staff. LOL
So quitting a game you played and invested thousands of hours in, because you refuse (on principle of course) to pay a penny. (actually fourteen pennies) a day
I call that "Cutting off your nose to spite your face." mentality.
But go ahead and quit. No one cares. Certainly not Inno.
Yes i agree the ads are awful. So pony up the $3.99 a month. Get over it.
I think the issue is , this 3.99 is on top of the already substantial amount a player already spent.

xivarmy

A huge percentage don't pay anything and data centers have gotten very expensive with the rise in energy costs. This would spread out the cost to everyone at 4$ per month.
1) "Everyone" won't pay.

2) The people it's pissing off appear to be the ones that were already paying plenty and are irritated that what they've already paid is not enough anymore to exempt them from ads (as that's effectively all that changed - people who don't pay already had mobile ads before yesterday's change)