• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why is PvP or Plundering worth it?

DeletedUser

I miss the point of attacking players, even if i win with little or no losses the spoils may early be worth it. Im sure we have a window of 24hrs but I'm not going to check each hr to see when their goodies are exposed. You spend all this time building an army and the return on investment is just not there most times. Is there something I'm missing? Also i one of each military building from each age is probably a waste, correct?

Do we get an increased blueprint chance?
Should there be a timer that shows when their goods will be ready?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8796

You can get more goods by plundering in a day than you could produce if you make the buildings if you are ambitious enough time right etc.

DeletedUser17558

You can get more goods by plundering in a day than you could produce if you make the buildings if you are ambitious enough time right etc.

Ditto. I am farming rogues right now so I do have a few Goods buildings in, but if I wasn't I would have zero goods building in. I get the VAST majority of my goods from my neighbors. You don't need to check each hour but if you hit check in the morning, late afternoon, and evening you have a good chance to get something from somebody. The real question is: why waste time with goods buildings that can get plundered when you can get everything you need from your hood, Great Buildings, and quests?

DeletedUser7289

And, even if you don't plunder, combat points add up to ranking points quickly. Medals = expansions, at least until you get all of them. So, combat pays well enough on it's own, since armies are cheap and easy to rebuild (especially with Alcatraz).

DeletedUser

Thanks, this makes sense, you all brought up very interesting points. i do wish blue prints had a higher drop rate for plunder, after all it is skill based. Never the less i will continue to be a thorn in my hood.

Also one quick question. Is it worth having one of each military building? i wanted to make one long road to my capital flanked by the army buildings to show i mean business. Also i could fight in each tower. Im guessing no, waste of population, resources, and space....but it would look cool no?

DeletedUser17558

Also one quick question. Is it worth having one of each military building? i wanted to make one long road to my capital flanked by the army buildings to show i mean business. Also i could fight in each tower. Im guessing no, waste of population, resources, and space....but it would look cool no?

If your goal is to look cool, then do that. If you goal is to squash as many peeps in the hood as possible, then build what you need to build to accomplish that goal. Depending on the age, I don't build 1 or 2 of that specific type of barrack. I also build extra barracks when they give attack or defense bonuses, depending on how much I use them. I like to get as many points as humanly possible from each attack, so I match the offense to the defense. Sometimes you will always take damage, sometimes you will always lose men, but there are many times you can walk away unscathed if you are savvy enough. Find your goal and follow through.

DeletedUser8796

wanna look real cool ? get a traz and rogue hideout >:) in a low era setting that combo can win you every pvp tower you can reach

Mustapha00

Almost every game of this type has some sort of player versus player element, with some doing a (much) better job than others balancing things (and yes I mean FoE...I get that you can end up in a neighborhood full of players who are much more advanced than you are, but there are steps you can take to minimize the damage they can do to you if they attack- like setting up production times so you can be there to collect them). I've played other games in which it was next to impossible to successfully defend yourself, even if you and your attacker were roughly equal in strength (or at least ranking).
I'm no expert in the art of PvP, but it does appear that some barracks are next to worthless and should be built only as a stopgap until you get to the ones that you'll truly use for either offense or defense. Many players whose cities I've looked at might have 2, 3 or even more of one particular Age's barracks, but none of another in that same Age although it is farther up the Tech Tree. I'll trust them that they know what they're doing.

DeletedUser17558

I'm no expert in the art of PvP, but it does appear that some barracks are next to worthless and should be built only as a stopgap until you get to the ones that you'll truly use for either offense or defense. Many players whose cities I've looked at might have 2, 3 or even more of one particular Age's barracks, but none of another in that same Age although it is farther up the Tech Tree. I'll trust them that they know what they're doing.

Many of the higher level player fight at lower levels for various reasons. They may be helping lower level guildmates to fight in GvG, maybe they want to attack a specific guild for a reason, or maybe they are just bored. Their defense is probably still top notch.

DeletedUser13838

Thanks, this makes sense, you all brought up very interesting points. i do wish blue prints had a higher drop rate for plunder, after all it is skill based. Never the less i will continue to be a thorn in my hood.

The bit about being skill based is rather questionable (after all even I have had some success). The defending AI (for pvp) is intentionally bad and even without that the odds are stacked in favor of the attacker on several levels. In any case, there was a proposal a while back to make bp drop rates higher for plunder. It didn't go anywhere as I recall.

DeletedUser

Eliteus, This game wants you to spend time checking out neighbors cities. If you check back every hour and plunder all you can, you do get very good rewards. I get around 100 crowns/week for my guild + 50 to 100 goods/week, a couple FP's/week and tons of medals each week because I have an Alcatraz which allows me to compete in four ages at a time (currently).
Those are the direct rewards I receive weekly from attacking and plundering ... not to mention the fact that the more battles I participate in, the higher my score tends to go. Further, I see players in this game as three types 1) guildies, 2) friends and 3) enemies. So if you can take an enemies goods ... that helps you and more importantly your guild by taking competing guild goods/crowns/anything that helps that player contribute to that competing guilds success!
Hope this helps. JB

DeletedUser11463

I would only suggest to leave noobs alone. If they get attacked too often or too early, they get tired of the game and quit. Then who do you attack? Also, in many hoods, I've found that when 2-3 people attack/plunder regularly, the rest of the hood either detaches their city or goes to 24 hour collections. With the hoods changing so infrequently now, I gave up attacking others because I was collecting next to nothing. And yes, I have better things to do than to go back and waste my time checking people's cities 2-3 times per day to take their stuff. If you aid everyone in your hood, chances are you will get more back in aid than you would in plundering. Aiding provides double coins and supplies which can be increased also by certain GB's. There is no correct way to play the game. Play how you want as long as you enjoy it.

DeletedUser10517

I would only suggest to leave noobs alone. If they get attacked too often or too early, they get tired of the game and quit. Then who do you attack? Also, in many hoods, I've found that when 2-3 people attack/plunder regularly, the rest of the hood either detaches their city or goes to 24 hour collections. With the hoods changing so infrequently now, I gave up attacking others because I was collecting next to nothing. And yes, I have better things to do than to go back and waste my time checking people's cities 2-3 times per day to take their stuff. If you aid everyone in your hood, chances are you will get more back in aid than you would in plundering. Aiding provides double coins and supplies which can be increased also by certain GB's. There is no correct way to play the game. Play how you want as long as you enjoy it.
If a player has a full friends list and a full guild, there is no need to get Aid from Neighbours.....as that should all be covered very nicely anyway.

Plus, a neighbour aiding me can be a waste.....because they may get a "There were no buildings to Aid at this time" message......and so the Aid is lost.
The neighbour got 20 coins and a possible BP. I got nothing.

There are only so many Aids a day a town can take.

Neighbours are the only people a player can attack. Attack them for Tower points (plunder is optional) and those points convert to medals.

Medals = Expansions.........which are far far FAR more valuable than anything else a neighbour can give. Plundering is the Gravy and can be lucrative in itself.

DeletedUser10415

If a player has a full friends list and a full guild, there is no need to get Aid from Neighbours.....as that should all be covered very nicely anyway.

Plus, a neighbour aiding me can be a waste.....because they may get a "There were no buildings to Aid at this time" message......and so the Aid is lost.
The neighbour got 20 coins and a possible BP. I got nothing.

There are only so many Aids a day a town can take.

Neighbours are the only people a player can attack. Attack them for Tower points (plunder is optional) and those points convert to medals.

Medals = Expansions.........which are far far FAR more valuable than anything else a neighbour can give. Plundering is the Gravy and can be lucrative in itself.

If there's nothing to aid, there's nothing to deliver a BP, so they'd only get the 20 coin from aiding a city with nothing to Mo/Po.
There IS a reason to aid neighbors. BP-drops are more likely to occur as a result of Mo/Po than they are from plundering. That has certainly been my experience, and while you've likely plundered far more than I have, Ruby - I'm no slouch in that department either. Also - good grief! Attacking everyone in the 'hood every day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - That's a lot of time invested, and to me, it's too much like work instead of play.

So I aid my 'hoods mostly, and they mostly aid me, and we get BPs from each other, and I garner enough points for the PvP towers from attacking the third to a half of the 'hood that doesn't see the wisdom in aiding me.

Just because you don't aid your 'hood doesn't mean that's the only way to play, or even the smart way to play, though I'm not making any judgement here on that. It's just your way to play. Others should be free to play their game the way they want to play it, yes?

DeletedUser10517

If there's nothing to aid, there's nothing to deliver a BP, so they'd only get the 20 coin from aiding a city with nothing to Mo/Po.
There IS a reason to aid neighbors. BP-drops are more likely to occur as a result of Mo/Po than they are from plundering. That has certainly been my experience, and while you've likely plundered far more than I have, Ruby - I'm no slouch in that department either. Also - good grief! Attacking everyone in the 'hood every day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - That's a lot of time invested, and to me, it's too much like work instead of play.

So I aid my 'hoods mostly, and they mostly aid me, and we get BPs from each other, and I garner enough points for the PvP towers from attacking the third to a half of the 'hood that doesn't see the wisdom in aiding me.

Just because you don't aid your 'hood doesn't mean that's the only way to play, or even the smart way to play, though I'm not making any judgement here on that. It's just your way to play. Others should be free to play their game the way they want to play it, yes?
My post was only to demonstrate the way to get the most from neighbours.

I dont attack every neighbour every day.....cripes, I barely attack a handful a week.

However, they dont get Aided either. Not interested in helping other guilds progress.

As for the debate about plundering yielding less BPs than Aiding....completely disagree. It only SEEMS lower because of the frequency in which people Plunder.

I think the figure that was branded around at one point suggested a 0.1% LOWER chance of getting a BP from Plundering....which if indeed is true, is so minuscule its not worth bothering about.

DeletedUser8152

The game devs have said that the BP rate for plunder is in fact lower than the rate for aiding. But they haven't said how much lower.