• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why there is no way to see who flipped a sector in the Guild Battle Grounds

Recently our guild has been experiencing someone flipping sectors that are marked as no hit. We are currently working with another guild and this is really messing things up, and there is no way to find out out who is flipping these sectors.

As I see it when a sector in the GBG is flipped, the player who flipped it should have their name prominently displayed in large perhaps flashing letters for the 4 hours of lock down on the flipped sector for all to see. This would virtually end the flipping of sectors marked as no hit as all would see who the player was that flipped it.

Why do you think that Inno Games has not implemented such a feature as it is badly needed or at least provided a log for the guild admin's to access this information?

Agent327

Why do you think that Inno Games has not implemented such a feature as it is badly needed or at least provided a log for the guild admin's to access this information?

Could it be that working with other Guilds and not conquering sectors is a player invention that was not how Inno expected GBG to work?

Ebeondi Asi

That feature does seem to be possible with some 'imaginative' work. iI is prett easy to find out who is still adding fights if everyone is supposed to be stopped. I have taken (I am playing on a PC) mobile phone snapshots of the players' GbG total as soon as we are stopped. taking shot of top 10 then 20 then 30 then 40 etc... and wait. when the perp has added his fights to flip. then jus check it and see who has those added fight totals. So I then knew the two players doing it.
There are other ways to do the same thing.. Once you have a few names, yo can just watch them. after a few times you can be certain they are the perps.
This may seem like work, but it is worth it to know who is messing the whole guild up.

BruteForceAttack

Recently our guild has been experiencing someone flipping sectors that are marked as no hit. We are currently working with another guild and this is really messing things up, and there is no way to find out out who is flipping these sectors.

As I see it when a sector in the GBG is flipped, the player who flipped it should have their name prominently displayed in large perhaps flashing letters for the 4 hours of lock down on the flipped sector for all to see. This would virtually end the flipping of sectors marked as no hit as all would see who the player was that flipped it.

One of the reason maybe that inno currently does not (don't want to) track which player is hitting which sector, tracking that would mean inno has to track millions of clicks every second of the day non stop. Who knows they might add that feature in future, in last facebook live event they indicated that later part of the year they maybe working on updating GBG, they didn't specify what ...but I do hope they fix few things :)

Could it be that working with other Guilds and not conquering sectors is a player invention that was not how Inno expected GBG to work?
That did occur to me, however there are times even when guilds are only fighting each other with no alliances where sectors are left loaded and not flipped for strategic reasons, and a player could mess up the whole battle plan by flipping a sector, and as I see it the guild leadership should have a way of determining who flipped the sector.

Ebeondi Asi

That did occur to me, however there are times even when guilds are only fighting each other with no alliances where sectors are left loaded and not flipped for strategic reasons, and a player could mess up the whole battle plan by flipping a sector, and as I see it the guild leadership should have a way of determining who flipped the sector.
I would say that is a player problem to solve. Inno gives players lots and lots of problems to solve on their own.You can solve it on your own.

RazorbackPirate

Yet that's not the example you used. The example you used is the farming game. A player invention. We know why you want it, you see it as a way to keep people from messing up your guild's farming game.

Your problem to solve. Inno needs to give you no tools to do so. Think of all the guilds without your issue. How'd they solve it? Good leadership?

Agent327

Inno has given you the tools to mark the sectors. They are not going to give you the tools to kick players from your guild cause the do not follow your "rules".

You are not the first one to come up with this and most likely not the last one. As an idea it can noty count on much support and as a discussion neither.

Yet that's not the example you used. The example you used is the farming game. A player invention. We know why you want it, you see it as a way to keep people from messing up your guild's farming game.

Your problem to solve. Inno needs to give you no tools to do so. Think of all the guilds without your issue. How'd they solve it? Good leadership?

Actually it applies both to farming arrangements as well as holding sectors for strategic reasons during a hostile GBG season regardless of the example I used.

I have yet to find a guild who has "solved" this issue, even the top guilds have players who either accidentally or maliciously flip sectors when they should not.

Perhaps the reason there would not be much support for this here is that the majority are normal guild members rather than in a guild leadership role dealing with guild members who mess up the GBG battle plans whatever they may be?

There are logs of GBG buildings build/tore down and who did it, sectors lost/conquered as well at when it happened, what guild the sector was lost to so why not also adding the players name who conquered the sector?

Perhaps what it may boil down to is that there is a small minority of players who maliciously flip sectors, these players may spend lots of money on the game, and if there were such a tool to root out these players, there would be no guilds left for them to join after their reputation becomes known resulting in a loss of game revenue.

Ebeondi Asi

As I wrote it is not too hard to actualy find out who is responsible for flipping sectors f somebody wants to find out. Any player can wach the player stats available in GbG itself to see who is adding fights when the only possible action is flipping illegally a sector. It just actually takes time and a bit of sleuthing.
If you have yet to see a Guild solve this, then you either have no played much, or not too many different Guilds. LOL
I have done the work and it takes little effort to name the exact people doing sheet. (in a Guild with over 75 members)

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

No doubt he meant without having to do any extra work to solve it. :p

My issue with his post is that he seems to be presenting it like he needs to be convinced there is a good reason for it to be this way rather than him having to convince Inno to change it. :)

DevaCat

You can set a “stop” marker 10 or 20 short of a flip, with only designated members “walking” it up to the desired level. This helps prevent the accidental flips that can happen when there are numbers of people furiously autobattling away, and could make it easier to identify your problem players.

It is a presumption to suggest that the reason people here do not support the request for an ID tool is that they are “normal” guild members who don’t understand the troubles of guild leadership. Please.

In a well-run guild the season’s goals and methods are clearly explained to everyone, participation is monitored and directed, and in really well run guilds “normal” (non-leadership) members are invited to join a leadership chat thread in which the where-when-how-why are constantly updated, discussed and explained. “Normals” are also encouraged to ask questions, learn, give advice, and join a gbg leadership team.

What? You don’t have that? Well, as a “normal” I’m not inclined to give you another tool. If you have malicious rogue members you have a guild problem, a problem other guilds have managed to solve. Why should you be given what others had to work to find out?

The last bit about malicious flippers being big spenders so the tool is being withheld because Inno doesn’t want to lose revenue— lololol. The tool you want has been requested since the announcement of gbg. It’s still not here. My guess is because it’s not needed.

RazorbackPirate

Actually it applies both to farming arrangements as well as holding sectors for strategic reasons during a hostile GBG season regardless of the example I used.

I have yet to find a guild who has "solved" this issue, even the top guilds have players who either accidentally or maliciously flip sectors when they should not.

Perhaps the reason there would not be much support for this here is that the majority are normal guild members rather than in a guild leadership role dealing with guild members who mess up the GBG battle plans whatever they may be?

There are logs of GBG buildings build/tore down and who did it, sectors lost/conquered as well at when it happened, what guild the sector was lost to so why not also adding the players name who conquered the sector?

Perhaps what it may boil down to is that there is a small minority of players who maliciously flip sectors, these players may spend lots of money on the game, and if there were such a tool to root out these players, there would be no guilds left for them to join after their reputation becomes known resulting in a loss of game revenue.
You make a whole lot of erroneous ASSumptions about both the experience of those posting and the malicious (your words, not mine) intent of those doing the flipping. Either way, it's a leadership issue to solve, which most guilds with good leadership have solved. Long ago.

Another reason I am disinclined to support an idea like this is the guilds who have solved the issue now have a competitive advantage over those guilds who can't. I don't think Inno should take away the advantage of well run guilds by providing tools to guilds who can't solve their issues without them.