• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2024 start date?

NWWolverine

Does anyone have an idea when the next event kicks off? It's supposed to be a wildlife event. I guess they don't have the football one anymore...

jaymoney23456

I wonder if they are figuring out if it needs changes before it comes out, which might delay it. There was near universal dislike of it in Beta judging by players I know with Beta accounts and the Beta forum.

Xenosaur

be careful what you wish for... lol
It wasn't very productive or popular in beta. If they don't ameliorate it a bit, it's going to be time and investment taxing. Agree with @jaymoney23456 on all his points - too long , beta players learned they had to do Rival 3 times, and do the daily challenge each day for a month too, to remove the high risk you'll be left short your last upgrade (for F2P).

I'd suggest that even if you don't want to sign up and play as a beta city, you at least read the beta forum for insights on the events. It's a free read, too. Probably take you 15 minutes to speed read it.

Last edited:

blueskydwg

Played it in Beta and even though it's one of my favorite events it was way too long.
Also, even though I got the full building (by spending way more diamonds than I usually do, since I don't usually spend diamonds) I finished in apprentice division (next to last). Don't know what others were doing to get their score up but I thought I was doing well to get the full building, as well as the Animal Crossing upgrade. I'll work it in live, but remains to be seen how hard I work it.

NWWolverine

Played it in Beta and even though it's one of my favorite events it was way too long.
Also, even though I got the full building (by spending way more diamonds than I usually do, since I don't usually spend diamonds) I finished in apprentice division (next to last). Don't know what others were doing to get their score up but I thought I was doing well to get the full building, as well as the Animal Crossing upgrade. I'll work it in live, but remains to be seen how hard I work it.
So, if you play in beta, you win buildings that you get to keep as well as the ones when the actual event starts?

Xenosaur

So, if you play in beta, you win buildings that you get to keep as well as the ones when the actual event starts?
Essentially yes - you play and keep what you earn. You don't play it twice in beta, just once. You essentially see the event and play it, and if you get a building or 2 - BEFORE it goes to us here in the live server. You're always 1 event ahead in beta, from where the group is in live.

IN fact in beta, we'll see GUILD RAIDS before live sees it.

You're at the tip of the game "spear" in beta.

You can even spend money to buy damonds, too. IT's a normal game.

However - pLaying in beta AS a tester....(beta is a misnomer in the true CS sense - FoE "beta" is an open invitation to play, whether you actively review or even try any of the new things and/or report on them to help the company shape the product before it comes to the LIVE servers...) has a small requirement. Feedback.

If you play the event (a little or a lot), or finish it and then report your thoughts, good or bad (ie give feedback), Inno compensates you with 1500 diamonds as a way to thank you for ANY feedback you give, and that you attempted to play the event.

Other than that, it's exactly like a LIVE city....
If you just come and start a new city/play your game normally, and don't do any events or do anything as to feedback on anything - Inno probably will notice that and not give you any diamonds for each event, like they do for "active" players and those who report their likes and dislikes, bugs and suggestions.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

However - pLaying in beta AS a tester....(beta is a misnomer in the true CS sense - FoE "beta" is an open invitation to play, whether you actively review or even try any of the new things and/or report on them to help the company shape the product before it comes to the LIVE servers...) has a small requirement. Feedback.

If you play the event (a little or a lot), or finish it and then report your thoughts, good or bad (ie give feedback), Inno compensates you with 1500 diamonds as a way to thank you for ANY feedback you give, and that you attempted to play the event.

Other than that, it's exactly like a LIVE city....
If you just come and start a new city/play your game normally, and don't do any events or do anything as to feedback on anything - Inno probably will notice that and not give you any diamonds for each event, like they do for "active" players and those who report their likes and dislikes, bugs and suggestions.
I'm not sure about having to give feedback for diamonds. There's a lot of people on beta but only 5% of them are on the forums and they only give the surveys to some select users. You don't even have to play the event to get the free diamonds even.

I personally like to play beta to give feedback and get the mad strat before it hits live.

Xenosaur

@planetofthehumans2 - I read a post from Juber or a CM that people had to "touch" the events (large or small) more consistently to get compensated with diamonds. I don't know if I can find it, but I don't think (or maybe they do!) they're just dropping diamonds on every single beta player, with no "filter".
Either way though - it sounds like a large majority of people are getting beta participation diamonds, or "event" diamonds.

You might be right - if there were people NOT getting diamonds, it would be a common topic post in the forums and we never see that there. People would whine about it - "Well, I played 2 days last event and 1 day on the event before that, so why no diamonds for me now?".... LOL

blueskydwg

To be clear - yes, I keep that building in my Beta city, but I must also complete the event in my live cities to get the building there. What you have in Beta does NOT carry over to live servers. And you can't use beta diamonds in live servers; only live server cities can use the same pool of diamonds.

planetofthehumans2

@planetofthehumans2 - I read a post from Juber or a CM that people had to "touch" the events (large or small) more consistently to get compensated with diamonds. I don't know if I can find it, but I don't think (or maybe they do!) they're just dropping diamonds on every single beta player, with no "filter".
Either way though - it sounds like a large majority of people are getting beta participation diamonds, or "event" diamonds.

You might be right - if there were people NOT getting diamonds, it would be a common topic post in the forums and we never see that there. People would whine about it - "Well, I played 2 days last event and 1 day on the event before that, so why no diamonds for me now?".... LOL
People post "where are the diamonds" hours after the event drops lol, but they usually get them in the next day or two.

xivarmy

The general rule is to get the free diamonds on beta you have to be considered active (=logged in recently) *preceding* the launch of the event. i.e. if you don't login until after the event has already started, you may have been inactive for the freebies. Could be why the diamonds have come a day or two after the start of the event recently - gives the people who only show up when the new event starts to test - and not in between events - a chance at them too.