• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Will GB's get an upgrade? Any news? Spoilers?

JJ597

Observatory change is acceptable due to GVG's demise. SAT requiring goods in addition to forge points after level 10 also acceptable, as it was an addition to the game levels. If for existing GB's they are changing requirements in June, will have to see what else is changing in the game.

jaymoney23456

THey should really upgrade more GB-if the power creep continues only treasury GB traz, AO-plus CF for goods/diamond rewards as you move through the ages-the HC for supplies, the SC for special goods, and the BG for double collection are going to be any good besides the Titan GB. Should not be a situation in the future for example where an event building gives out better attack than even lv 100 TA for example.

Meat Butcher

Settlement buildings all got some really nice upgrades so it would be nice to see something for the Great Buildings as well.
Been deleting GB's that have outlived their usefulness because of all the amazing event buildings we are getting, so would be cool seeing something new come about.

JJ597

Exactly! Great Buildings should stay GREAT! :)
To make great buildings great again (MGBGA) is an "almost" impossible task given the power creep of event buildings. As a comparison, a level 62 CDM gives 56% attack and 37 fps, while a level 7 Celtic Tavern gives 68% attack and 32 fps, plus too many add'l items to list. How much time and forge points did it take to get a L62 CDM, while the Celtic Tavern only took about 3 weeks. To MGBGA the CDM, it would need to exceed the Celtic Tavern at a very low level, (68% isn't reached until after level 80). For a newer player with a L7 Celtic Tavern, it makes no sense to build the CDM. The newer player is better off doing the events and getting the grand prize. For me, this means not deleting any GB currently in any of my cities, not selling anything in the antiques dealer, not buying any diamond offers and waiting for INNO to make changes.

Dominator - X

Hi there!
Has anyone heard something about GB's getting an upgrade? :D
I think it would make more sense to just make the new GB's better and more powerful, which would in turn accelerate the out dating of the older GB's. Which in turn would be replaced by the new GB's as they are outdated.

Like some kind of cycle or something.

Ebeondi Asi

Inno could make new GB for all the lower Eras. Having to start from scratch.. no in stock blueprints. much better stats With some of the same types of things.. and a smaller footprint!!
Puts everyone on the same playing field.

xivarmy

Inno could make new GB for all the lower Eras. Having to start from scratch.. no in stock blueprints. much better stats With some of the same types of things.. and a smaller footprint!!
Puts everyone on the same playing field.
And following the same system as Titan GBs so that there's a demand for goods of most ages (hopefully).

Ironrooster

Given the SAT GBs, I would guess not. They pretty much replace CdM, CoA, Star Gazer, Observatory, and others in a smaller footprint.

It adds a challenge to the game. Which buildings are worth building in the lower ages, how far should they be leveled, when should they be deleted.

And for older cities some choices will be tough. i.e., Do I dump my level 108 CdM once I have Centaurus?

KingJMobile

Exactly! Great Buildings should stay GREAT! :)

Oracle of Delphi, Tower of Babel, Colosseum, Hagia Sophia, St Mark's Basilica, Notre Dame, St Basil's Cathedral, Deal Castle, Frauenkirche of Dresden, Capitol, Royal Albert Hall, Space Needle, Lotus Temple, Voyager V1, Rainforest Project, Gaea Statue, Atlantis Museum, Star Gazer, Virgo Project and Flying Noob Trap left the chat.

Jokes aside, I would like all GBs to get some sort of update, especially perhaps the more useless ones.

I think Inno should change the the Meta of the FoE more often. The current Meta is Events and GBG farming. It is changing into QI and GE meta with GE lvls 6-10. Buffing GBs would be an Amazing meta change.

Xenosaur

Gonna join this club (or rather.. been a member for a while....) As Sy Sperling said in 1984: “I'm not only the Hair Club president, but I'm also a client.”

Can't agree more with all these points.
The majority of GBs have become anachronistic - well most are, some always were. Some were "click (aka build) bait", and still are.

The modern game of FoE is going to challenge members to strongly consider a small count of buildings, and yes it's easy to see that but for some, it's very hard to internally decree and then execute a GB RAZE.
Many people won't buy the fact that you can get 30-100 warriors a day from event buildings (especially with a few Blue Galaxy doubles...) without a TRAZ - but you can.

The TRAZ is sacrosanct, to some.

If people have trouble with deleting ANY GB, they have to muscle through it.

Especially GBs taking space in their city and below level 10/20 or 30.
GBs worth saving? It's all about "boost".........The ones that have had a strong design boost or multiple from day 1, and still do: AO, *BG, CF... *(regardless of it's current cap of 15 charges)

I'll be frank. The value of FP has gone way down if you're essentially done lifting your GB's and they're in a "highly functional" range. Even the ARC. People making tons of FP each day now have NOTHING important to do on their own buildings, but need to DUMP the collected and earned FP on something - so onto their ARCS it goes.

Everyone has their own list, but a general rule of thumb for helping save important GBs are pretty clear.

So 1 more thought to the pile of ideas here: Extend a few "CAPPED" GBs in the current offering.

Like the BG.

Xenosaur

The Traz gives me the specific units I want, can you say the same for event buildings?
Yes and No. You want a No, so I'll say No - the Traz is better able to specifically refine (amplify) acquisition of warrior choice more easily than "generalist" warrior generation via a probability function. Many current event buildings just give random current era units.

The Traz can do the same for any era of course - the "key" is a barracks from that era.

However, some event buildings do give specific warriors, for example PY_R8 gives an artillery piece, or the Cider gardens give a +1 Era Light Warrior - as examples. Not loads of them, but over time, they do accrue.

I get it that many people want their TRAZ for specific generation - but more are looking seriously at their current warrior stock, and are considering using the TRAZ space for other things.