• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2022 Feedback

Xenosaur

daily and refreshed specials are very underwhelming

Yeah - I was wondering who else would be noticing that. Seriously. The switch seems to only allow 3 or 4 things to switch to, or I just can't catch a break from day 1 on a decent daily, either. I mean just decent. I don't need more rogue hideouts, Santa's Workshops, Tactician Towers... repeat, repeat, repeat.

It feels like I'm in the penalty box on Daily Special choices.

Cookie-3

I had estimated about $250 for 10 fully leveled based on a 200% purchase (87000 diamonds for me) but that estimate had no extra stars included. So, I can see your numbers are right on target given bonus star variability.
Now, I had a question, in the other thread.
What pattern repeats after page 11 in grand prize window? Is it 4 kits per page? (1-2x on the top winter prizes and 2 selection kits on the bottom for grand prizes)
Yup, four kits per page - 1 2x selection kit on the top, and 2 upgrade kits (occasionally one is a selection kit) on the bottom. I believe there's places where the complete list of repeating prizes are listed, but I can list the full repeated set here if you'd like.

Dursland

I simply never knew the whales have been given the opportunity to dismiss the quest line and simply buy out the event bldg .

Can anyone edify me as to when this exclusivity began ?
You've always been able to buy event currency and start collecting event prizes right away. It helped that this event started with winter train kit, I know at least one guy who got several chocolateries and 3 or 4 trains in his city first day of the event.

Cookie-3

Yeah - I was wondering who else would be noticing that. Seriously. The switch seems to only allow 3 or 4 things to switch to, or I just can't catch a break from day 1 on a decent daily, either. I mean just decent. I don't need more rogue hideouts, Santa's Workshops, Tactician Towers... repeat, repeat, repeat.

It feels like I'm in the penalty box on Daily Special choices.
I think I just steal everyone's luck. I've gotten sentinels on swap 4 times now lol
I simply never knew the whales have been given the opportunity to dismiss the quest line and simply buy out the event bldg .

The 2018 Forge Bowl Event was the first version of the now standard event format, if that's what you mean. All events nowadays see people spending diamonds to get the main building (or get multiple) before free to play players.

Dursland

The 2018 Forge Bowl Event was the first version of the now standard event format, if that's what you mean. All events nowadays see people spending diamonds to get the main building (or get multiple) before free to play players.
The player I mentioned, here is his city now - talk about spending diamonds lol. Attack/Defense stat must be great though, and he's making nutcrackers like crazy.

7fmRAy2.jpg

Those are Charcoal Express trains.

Cookie-3

The player I mentioned, here is his city now - talk about spending diamonds lol. Attack/Defense stat must be great though, and he's making nutcrackers like crazy.

7fmRAy2.jpg

Those are Charcoal Express trains.
This is super impressive.

I counted:
24 Chocolateries
39 Trains (351 kits)
22 Sleigh Builders
3 Olympic Treasuries (30 kits)

24 main buildings doesn't line up with 403 daily specials (I've gotten somewhere around ~120 with 14 extra main buildings, the average is around 8 per extra main building, or 1 per ~100 starting stars), so it's safe to assume this player also bought the elves' gifts or had lots of trains/olympic treasuries/sleigh builders already. Very impressive.

Pericles the Lion

If I am not mistaken, the questline is just a means to collect event currency for free. Anyone so inclined can skip this step and buy event currency. I can't say it's been this way all along, but it has been so since 2000.

Xenosaur

When I wrote this event up to friends and told them to get ready fr it - after playing it in beta and seeing INNO downgrade the net kit delivery from the beta experience (but still keep it extremely viable), I KNEW that when people who really understand this game would flock to it, and go ALL IN.

They have - and thanks to those sharing other gaming stories AND showing images of others not here to tell us their thinking (yet, or ever).

Aside from the fact that these are FOREVER buildings that spawn FOREVER children and will NEVER shut off until the city stops or you disconnect it @Cookie-3 @Sharmon the Impaler revealed highly efficient costing model that equates to a "burger and a beer" dinner without tax and a tip!!!/ building - for each one. Gosh - it's the holidays too...

This just makes abundant sense to those that can see it, or believe it's a great investment for a game they're going to play for a long time.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

If I am not mistaken, the questline is just a means to collect event currency for free. Anyone so inclined can skip this step and buy event currency. I can't say it's been this way all along, but it has been so since 2000.

Event currency AND (importantly) essential base, and kit upgrades too for the 1st building.... after that, it's on the user to "diamond or cash up" for additional units.

If fact, you don't need to ever touch the rush or daily questline @ all or ever..., just pile in cash/diamond investments immediately in what you want. I think that's what you're saying too.

Last edited:

CDmark

Incident update
X world 230 stars
G world 121 stars
I haven't spent yet, no sentinel kits. Haven't seen the elusive 100 stars, 20 has been the highest one. At this point, I just collected the 20 star newsletter bonus on G world since it is lower. Incident stars are important in this event since the amount you get via quests is low, in my opinion.

CDmark

One important thing about this event building, next year we would expect Chocolate kits as a daily special. BUT, those presents are random so you can't expect to get another next year from daily specials. So, either you spend now or you may just have 1 in your city assuming you get it via the matches/lights, no guarantee here too.

Cookie-3

When I wrote this event up to friends and told them to get ready fr it - after playing it in beta and seeing INNO downgrade the net kit delivery from the beta experience (but still keep it extremely viable), I KNEW that when people who really understand this game would flock to it, and go ALL IN.

They have - and thanks to those sharing other gaming stories AND showing images of others not here to tell us their thinking (yet, or ever).

Aside from the fact that these are FOREVER buildings that spawn FOREVER children and will NEVER shut off until the city stops or you disconnect it @Cookie-3 @Sharmon the Impaler revealed highly efficient costing model that equates to a "burger and a beer" dinner without tax and a tip!!!/ building - for each one. Gosh - it's the holidays too...

This just makes abundant sense to those that can see it, or believe it's a great investment for a game they're going to play for a long time.
According to my math, in about 2 years I will have filled up the same space in my city from chocolateries + guardhouses as I would have from spending on mountain reserve (assuming 250 dias/kit, with higher cost it'd take less time).

If you look at when the guardhouse receives an attack increase, it seems to be after 7 eras. Given the attack increase frequency is 7/7/6 right now, in two years with two more ages it'd be 7/7/7/1, and they'd see an attack increase. (edit: so in theory, in the age after SAT they'd be 6/8) Of course this is all theoretical, it may not happen, but it played a major factor in my buy.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

According to my math, in about 2 years I will have filled up the same space in my city from chocolateries + guardhouses as I would have from spending on mountain reserve (assuming 250 dias/kit, with higher cost it'd take less time).

If you look at when the guardhouse receives an attack increase, it seems to be after 7 eras. Given the attack increase frequency is 7/7/6 right now, in two years with two more ages it'd be 7/7/7/1, and they'd see an attack increase. (edit: so in theory, in the age after SAT they'd be 6/8) Of course this is all theoretical, it may not happen, but it played a major factor in my buy.

My quick assessment to friends (done a month ago), after beta completed for this event:

The parent prize (chocolate factory) will SPAWN children (via 200 fragments). The children are also potent buildings, 2x2. Delivering FP, attack and defense (for attacking army). Healthy doses, too.

Get your diamonds ready.

Here’s the specs on the MOTIVATED 2x2 child building (aka Nutcracker Guardhouse) :

32.png
Iron Age - > Industrial
3 FP (efficiency .75 FP/square)
3% Attacking army ATTACK (efficiency .75 %/square)
5% Attacking army DEFENSE (efficiency 1.25% /square)

32.png
Progressive —-> AF
4% Attacking army ATTACK (efficiency 1.0 %/square)
6% Attacking army DEFENSE (efficiency 1.5% /square)

32.png
OF —> SA Jupiter Moon
5% Attacking army ATTACK (efficiency 1.25 %/square)
7% Attacking army DEFENSE (efficiency 1.75% /square)

Mor-Rioghain

Incident update
X world 230 stars
G world 121 stars
I haven't spent yet, no sentinel kits. Haven't seen the elusive 100 stars, 20 has been the highest one. At this point, I just collected the 20 star newsletter bonus on G world since it is lower. Incident stars are important in this event since the amount you get via quests is low, in my opinion.
Incidents -- good tip. Question: you mention 20 star newsletter bonus -- what is that, exactly?

Side note: I've tried and tried for several events to do that "like" us FB or IG or whatever -- with absolutely no luck/no return in event currency. WTHeck am I doing wrong? (I'm social-media-challenged, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out I did something wrong, buuuuut, this is a year's long frustration for me -- when I bother to remember to try it!) grrr

I know one thing, I sure am awfully tired of seeing my event buildings go without the toppers and sure don't want to miss out on this Choco--it's just too yummy. <frustrated>

Dursland

Incident update
X world 230 stars
G world 121 stars
One of my worlds is far lower on stars from incidents too - fortunately not my main. Glad to know it's not just me.
Incidents -- good tip. Question: you mention 20 star newsletter bonus -- what is that, exactly?
Inno sends out a newsletter email at the beginning of every event. They almost always have extra currency for the event if you click on them and choose which world to claim the reward in.

As Sharmon said you have to have notices on. Specifically, this is in game settings under "Data Usage Management" - click that and it will open a new tab/window. Make sure "receive emails blah blah" is checked.

If it was unchecked, then check it and file a ticket with support - tell them you missed out on your 20 stars from the newsletter. They should be able to help you.

Dursland

Geez, lol, I hadn't thought of that! Good tip and I'll do that! :)
Like I said in previous post, file a ticket. Tell them you weren't aware you had to have them enabled and that you'd like your 20 stars on ___ world if possible. Worked for me the first time when I didn't have them enabled either.

Xenosaur

Well it's the time of year right? Every Christmas card I get has picture of a Mom, a Dad, multiple kids, family dogs and cats.

So in FoE, it's going to be pictures of cities masterfully articulated with Ted, Ketebo and juniors - NG.

Let the picture-fest continue!