• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2022 Feedback

Xenosaur

@Pericles the Lion - Short Answer: CASH

The summary analysis from the beta 2022 Winter event was delivered last Thursday (11/24/22) to the beta community. Inno decided on ONLY 1 change. The message communicating this decision is directly below:

------------------------------------
Dear Kings and Queens,
We want to inform you about the changes done after the Event ended here on Beta.
There is only one change and that is, that the Winter Prizes will not be available for Diamonds anymore, but can instead be bought in the Shop.

It will also be like that for the following Events. The reason for that is, that based on data we have received during the Halloween Event, we found out, that buying the Prizes in the Shop was more popular, than unlocking it for diamonds. We have therefore made this change.
Other than that, there are no further changes, thank you all for providing your feedback! We could make many tweaks to the Event during testing and hope you will enjoy the Event on live.
Your Forge of Empires Team
-------------------------------------

Since the Forge Bowl 2023 event has now started in beta, the decision communicated above ALSO applies to that and is quite visible - EVEN FOR BETA players. As they also indicated in the above message, henceforth, premium track event rewards will be CASH ONLY.

They are indicating that people would rather spend new real cash - than their game-earned or purchased diamonds. <--- Go figure that one out.

Premium track (what you're calling 2nd tier prizes) are priced, single payment of @ $15.00 US for beta Forge Bowl 2023, from the SHOP.

Watch Uber's video:

We'll know the price for Winter event 2022 live, soon.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Thanks @Xerosaur, I appreciate the reply. I saw the change in Beta and hoped for a confirmation from @mellofax that this would be the case on live. If so, if INNO is offering the premium track rewards for cash only then, IMO, this is grossly unfair. Diamonds are the in-game currency. Players buy diamonds and use them for in-game purchases. Now what? INNO comes up with the notion that diamonds can be used for some, but not all, items? This is obviously a tactic that targets players with cities that generate enough diamonds so that their purchases are minimal. Well, they will miss the mark with this player. I will not spend real cash for the premium rewards ever.

mineseA

Clarifying question: So, since both of the fully leveled up event buildings proved fragments for the Nutcracker thingy, does that mean that you could potentially just produce an infinite amount of the Nutcracker building?

Dursland

Now to see if Castle points are coming along since this is a CASH purchase. Thanks a lot for devaluing my Diamonds INNO :-(
Someone showed a screenshot that you'd get 7000 castle points with it.

Clarifying question: So, since both of the fully leveled up event buildings proved fragments for the Nutcracker thingy, does that mean that you could potentially just produce an infinite amount of the Nutcracker building?
Yes but it takes 200 fragments so it would take a while to fill your city with them.

xivarmy

Someone showed a screenshot that you'd get 7000 castle points with it.

Yes but it takes 200 fragments so it would take a while to fill your city with them.
Depends how many chocolate factories you have :) At 3 fragments a day that's 1095 fragments a year. So ~5 nutcrackers per year per chocolate factory. If you went out and got 20 chocolate factories you could be full-willy-wonka within a year.

15 nutcrackers is kinda a key point because it removes all need to receive aid (your mass aid of the nutcrackers will generate a mass aid daily at that point).

Xenosaur

Glad you asked. Maybe not an infinite amount of placement, but an infinite amount of generation. However, if you spent just the right amount of money/diamonds, you could (in a fairly short amount of time) create a spawning process that would generate LOTS of children (NG) buildings. So yes, you're on the right intellectual track. you just have to decide how much you want to spend, and how rapidly you want the children to spawn.

I will also add - It's not theoretical either... (hint).

When the event gets released, a few minutes with a spreadsheet and some math will help you equate what you're willing to spend with how many you can get.

Then get out your checkbook in case you want to write a 3 digit number to Innogames, GmBH.

Thanks "VVB"....

Chocolate and NG to infinity.jpg

Last edited:

Brunenjii

I won't be forking over any real cash for the extra prizes.
Inno has been getting greedy and phoning it in for a long time now. Cut and paste space ages, cut and paste events, lackluster GBs, castle system paywall, breaking everything up into fragments, and now limiting what you can do with their "premium" currency. The list keeps getting longer. Small wonder why I'm playing less and less. I'd quit outright if it wasn't for my daily dose of GvG camaraderie.

AyeMatey

The huge event building is great for younger cities. I'm up to the Mars chapter and just don't have room for a 4x6 building. If I don't get too busy for the holidays coming up, I may participate in this event but the 4x6 building will probably end up in my inventory. I like the 2x2 Nutcracker though.

According to Xerosaur, "They are indicating that people would rather spend new real cash - than their game-earned or purchased diamonds."
From these events, I take it that Inno is desperate for cash purchases. I would prefer to spend diamonds earned in the game. Most of us are struggling right now spending our cash on paying for the high-cost of living expenses. Me rent just increased to 15%. That's so wrong!

Toppcatt

I stopped giving Inno any of my real money a loooong time ago, as their "product" has always been so-so at best, and it was at it's best was many years ago. These days, their "product" is a POS not worth a single penny, and it keeps getting worse with pretty much every change they do. This is what happens when the greedy morons end up "in charge". LOL

Xenosaur

Forget the emotion and minutia for a minute.

If you're trying to make a point BACK to INNO about THEIR new direction (and change in policy...) regarding spending cash vs diamonds for something, that's one thing.

But don't cut off your nose to spite your face - especially since this event is truly special.

We've been given a chance to "load the truck" with a building that SPAWNS other very desirous buildings and will do it INFINITELY. There is no time limits on this building, no charges that go to 0, and it NEVER STOPS doing this for you. It's NOT a temporary building, neither the parents NOR the children. They stay active in your city - for as long as your city stays active.

If you're a gamer in FoE - YOU WANT THIS building and just maybe - MORE THAN 1. <-- Don't lose sight of this objective!!

Can you get this without spending $15? Sure - it will THEN cost you MORE diamonds if you try to chase more than 1 of these, because you can't access the upgrade kits (selection kits) for the event building OR get a jump on the fragment totals you need for your first (and additional) NGs.

The additional event materials on the UPPER (aka Premium) track for $15 US as FINANCIAL LUBRICATION, will help you.

How much will it help you? I don't yet have the exact amount, but I'll give you an example while we wait for a few game quants ( @MooingCat , @xivarmy, @UBERhelp1 ) to run the numbers AFTER our LIVE EVENT opens...

Let's say that the $15 PREMIUM track purchase gives you access to enough upgrades and other materials so that you save 50% of the diamonds you'd spend for EVERY OTHER EVENT building you want to buy. Is that enough to convince you to spend the $15?

SO if you get your first Ted or Ketebo via normal event playing, to get your 2nd one you'd spend 15-18 K diamonds. This is without the $15 track purchase.

If you spend $15 dollar, the cost in diamonds goes down to 10-13 for Ted or Ketebo 2, 3, 4, .....

So decide - you want to be a player in this event and get more than 1?

DO it the hard way and spend more diamonds for each one, or spend $15, 1 time, get access to the top premium track, and get a 50% reduction (or whatever it works out being...) for your diamond expenses for building, 2, 3, 4, ..... X - for the entire event.

Make a NON-EMOTIONAL decision.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Forget the emotion and minutia for a minute.

If you're trying to make a point BACK to INNO about THEIR new direction (and change in policy...) regarding spending cash vs diamonds for something, that's one thing.

But don't cut off your nose to spite your face - especially since this event is truly special.

We've been given a chance to "load the truck" with a building that SPAWNS other very desirous buildings and will do it INFINITELY. There is no time limits on this building, no charges that go to 0, and it NEVER STOPS doing this for you. It's NOT a temporary building, neither the parents NOR the children. They stay active in your city - for as long as your city stays active.

If you're a gamer in FoE - YOU WANT THIS building and just maybe - MORE THAN 1. <-- Don't lose sight of this objective!!

Can you get this without spending $15? Sure - it will THEN cost you MORE diamonds if you try to chase more than 1 of these, because you can't access the upgrade kits (selection kits) for the event building OR get a jump on the fragment totals you need for your first (and additional) NGs.

The additional event materials on the UPPER (aka Premium) track for $15 US as FINANCIAL LUBRICATION, will help you.

How much will it help you? I don't yet have the exact amount, but I'll give you an example while we wait for a few game quants ( @MooingCat , @xivarmy, @UBERhelp1 ) to run the numbers AFTER our LIVE EVENT opens...

Let's say that the $15 PREMIUM track purchase gives you access to enough upgrades and other materials so that you save 50% of the diamonds you'd spend for EVERY OTHER EVENT building you want to buy. Is that enough to convince you to spend the $15?

SO if you get your first Ted or Ketebo via normal event playing, to get your 2nd one you'd spend 15-18 K diamonds. This is without the $15 track purchase.

If you spend $15 dollar, the cost in diamonds goes down to 10-13 for Ted or Ketebo 2, 3, 4, .....

So decide - you want to be a player in this event and get more than 1?

DO it the hard way and spend more diamonds for each one, or spend $15, 1 time, get access to the top premium track, and get a 50% reduction (or whatever it works out being...) for your diamond expenses for building, 2, 3, 4, ..... X - for the entire event.

Make a NON-EMOTIONAL decision.
I agree with @Sharmon the Impaler that this is a cash grab and I agree with you that most players will want multiple copies of the main building. The problem remains that INNO designed an innovative new building and offered it in a manner that prevents players from using diamonds that they have acquired already. I plan on getting more than 1 of these buildings and will not spend cash to do so even if I need to use more than $15 worth of my hoarded diamonds to get there without having the pass.