• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Train upgrades

• Thread starter DeletedUser41943
  • Start date

DeletedUser41943

Now that we're at the end of the Winter Event, I have some extra train upgrades, and I'm trying to decide what to do with them.

My train is sitting on level 8, so I'm ready to upgrade to an express, but I'm thinking about waiting until I advance an age so I get the free age upgrade without using a reno / one-up kit. But obviously that means delaying the added benefits of the upgraded train until then, so my question is:

Can I use a Winter Train Upgrade Kit on a fully upgraded train just to advance it to a new age, or will my upgrade kits be useless (except at the antiques dealer) once the train is maxed out?

Agent327

Can I use a Winter Train Upgrade Kit on a fully upgraded train just to advance it to a new age, or will my upgrade kits be useless (except at the antiques dealer) once the train is maxed out?

What does "fully upgraded" means do you think?

Graviton

There's two ways to take that./ Sell the upgrades or wait for upgrades to come to the Dealer.

I think i'd wait to see if the train, uhhh, heh, rolls around again in the AD or next Winter.
I was doing that for quite awhile with the extra event items I usually get, typically a Level 1 of whatever and one or two upgrades. Not enough to plant but good enough to keep so that maybe I'll get more upgrades later. Then I realized that I will never have room, nor want to make room, for old event items when it seems every new event building is better than the last. So I'm now in the "sell the upgrades" camp.

DeletedUser41943

Well, upgrade kits act like reno kits when upgrading, so it seemed reasonable to wonder whether they might act like reno kits even if they can't upgrade. Someone already answered that they don't, so, ok, cool. But thanks for...you know...taking the time.

What does "fully upgraded" means do you think?