• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WW/Diamond Farm

Woody*

Hi all, doing a bit of research on this topic and found this thread. I'm wondering if the thinking has changed about keeping your farm in IA, since the Antiques Dealer was introduced? Maybe that's not the easiest way but it does seem as though that would be a source of wells and fragments. Any thoughts?

TIA
Ama
My advice...don’t age up a diamond farm for the AD, age up when you need the space for more wells.

ODragon

My advice...don’t age up a diamond farm for the AD, age up when you need the space for more wells.

I would agree with this. To date, I've not seen WW/WWShrink/FoY in the AD. The only diamond producing building I've seen is the Hedge Maze and it isn't worth aging up for. Space, now that is worth aging up for!

Kranyar the Mysterious

I would agree with this. To date, I've not seen WW/WWShrink/FoY in the AD. The only diamond producing building I've seen is the Hedge Maze and it isn't worth aging up for. Space, now that is worth aging up for!
While I haven't see the whole WW or WW Shrink Kit in the AD, I do see shards for them occasionally.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Good to know, I haven't. I'll stand by my post though, they still aren't worth leveling up for.
I agree. The price they want for a shard in the AD isn't worth it. I don't buy the shards even on my WW world, even though I can never get enough shrink kits.

The last couple of events have been much scarcer for WW and WW shrink kits though, so maybe eventually I'll have to re-evaluate my position.

DeletedUser30923

Small correction here. Each individual RQ will give you diamonds once. After the diamonds have been received that one time, the RQ will give you medals.
This must have changed very recently because I have been receiving Diamonds twice per RQ?

Jern2017

I bought a few WWs and Fragments from the AD. I agree, the Fragments are quite expensive, but since I don't spend the Trade Coins and Gemstones for anything else, I still buy them.

Last edited:

Agent327

They all are in the AD. Already got several WW's from it. AD sells the WW for
35,640 22

DeletedUser30923

Nope. It's been this way for at least the last 2 years, my understanding, since the beginning.
I just aged up and received diamonds twice from the same RQ quest. I did it for 5 different RQ and in the same age and they all gave me diamonds twice. "Spend FPs, Gather Coins, Gather supplies, Gain Happiness, finish 6 24hr productions" all of them

RazorbackPirate

I just aged up and received diamonds twice from the same RQ quest. I did it for 5 different RQ and in the same age and they all gave me diamonds twice. "Spend FPs, Gather Coins, Gather supplies, Gain Happiness, finish 6 24hr productions" all of them
Then that is a bug that you are obligated (per the rules) to report to support. Each individual RQ is only supposed to give diamonds once, then switch to medals.

You've also provided no concrete evidence of this, but support will be able to confirm whether or not you indeed got diamonds twice in error.

I'm also going to say that it's more likely the bug is caused by faulty memory than an issue with the game. Let us know what support says.

Lankybrit

I see lots of mentions of IA for WW Diamond farms. Did I do the wrong thing by leveling mine to EMA? All 3 of my GE/WW Diamond farms are EMA.

Jern2017

I see lots of mentions of IA for WW Diamond farms. Did I do the wrong thing by leveling mine to EMA? All 3 of my GE/WW Diamond farms are EMA.

I would say that depends on your method of farming Diamonds. If you plan to mainly farm them by fighting through the Guild Expedition (the fourth difficulty is a good source of Diamonds), it would make sense to stay in the IA as the offense and defense boosts of the units you face increase with each age.

I chose the other method, placing as many WWs/FoYs in my city as possible. If you farm Diamonds using this method, you will need a lot of expansions. I'm in the CA, I have no reward or Diamond expansions left and the next victory expansion is thousands of medals away. I have over a dozen WWs in my inventory and not enough place to build them. That's why I'll progress to the InA as soon as possible to get two additional expansions from the tech tree.

Last edited:

ODragon

I would say that depends on your method of farming Diamonds. If you plan to mainly farm them by fighting through the Guild Expedition (the fourth difficulty is a good source of Diamonds), it would make sense to stay in the IA as the offense and defense boosts of the units you face increase with each age.

I chose the other method, placing as many WWs/FoYs in my city as possible. If you farm Diamonds using this method, you will need a lot of expansions. I'm in the CA, I have no reward or Diamond expansions left and the next victory expansion is thousands of medals away. I have over a dozen WWs in my inventory and not enough place to build them. That's why I'll progress to the InA as soon as possible to get two additional expansions from the tech tree.

A+ I consider this an almost perfect answer. I'm not sure what I would say to make it perfect. Maybe a note about aging up opens the Antiques market allowing you to buy the Hedgemaze, another diamond producing building.

tl;dr - GE Diamonds, stay in IA, WW/FoY Diamond age up.

FWIW, I have a fighting GE IA diamond mine world. I did go for the Arc in it allowing me to get all of my medal expansions. This has allowed me to place a number of WW in this world too while still having room for the CdM, Zeus, AO and CoA as well as a bunch of A/D buildings.

Jern2017

A+ I consider this an almost perfect answer. I'm not sure what I would say to make it perfect. Maybe a note about aging up opens the Antiques market allowing you to buy the Hedgemaze, another diamond producing building.

tl;dr - GE Diamonds, stay in IA, WW/FoY Diamond age up.

FWIW, I have a fighting GE IA diamond mine world. I did go for the Arc in it allowing me to get all of my medal expansions. This has allowed me to place a number of WW in this world too while still having room for the CdM, Zeus, AO and CoA as well as a bunch of A/D buildings.

Yes, I forgot about the AD, although I haven't placed any Hedge Mazes in my city. I have, however, bought multiple WWs and Shrink Kits.

I recently built the Arc as well. I desperately need more expansions and the tech tree and Diamond ones aren't enough anymore. I used to get medals by donating to high level and high age GBs, but since my next expansion costs me 105k medals, I need the Arc to boost the amount I receive.

Mustapha00

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that each "TYPE" of RQ would give Diamonds as a reward once per Age.

In other words, "Gather XXXXX Coins" would give Diamonds once, "Gather XXXXX Supplies" once, "Spend XXX Forge Points" once, etc. Honestly, I cannot confirm this personally, as I very rarely do anything other than the coins and supplies RQ.

DeletedUser

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that each "TYPE" of RQ would give Diamonds as a reward once per Age.

In other words, "Gather XXXXX Coins" would give Diamonds once, "Gather XXXXX Supplies" once, "Spend XXX Forge Points" once, etc. Honestly, I cannot confirm this personally, as I very rarely do anything other than the coins and supplies RQ.
Yes, that is the way they are supposed to work. If you get Diamonds from the same type of RQ twice in the same age it is a bug and should be reported.

Woody*

I am taking all my diamond farms to FE, so I can get the expansions to place what I have in inventory. It's also a great age for doing GE if you want even more diamonds.