• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

YouTube video by FOE Hints diamonds

• Thread starter DeletedUser33045
  • Start date

DeletedUser33045

Yes I did a search
I watched a video about having a 2nd city that would "make" diamonds also called farming. It was not clear to me how to do this

Will anyone give me more information to better understand this procedure?

DeletedUser3882

“Diamond farm”

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/layout-strategy-for-diamond-farm.21076/

Do you really know how many diamonds you have acquired in your “regular” city since you started?? From quests, events, random collections and such?!? I’m sure you don’t. I don’t in mine because I’ve spent them all and want more!!

Start another city with the sole purpose of *not* spending those diamonds there in that “other” city. Build it up with a bunch of wishing wells, and a high level army to complete GE level 4 each week amongst other things. Win as many diamonds as you can and spend them in your “regular” city.

DeletedUser33045

“Diamond farm”

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/layout-strategy-for-diamond-farm.21076/

Do you really know how many diamonds you have acquired in your “regular” city since you started?? From quests, events, random collections and such?!? I’m sure you don’t. I don’t in mine because I’ve spent them all and want more!!

Start another city with the sole purpose of *not* spending those diamonds there in that “other” city. Build it up with a bunch of wishing wells, and a high level army to complete GE level 4 each week amongst other things. Win as many diamonds as you can and spend them in your “regular” city.

that is a very concise answer...I think I get it. But the video speaker said that the 2nd city should not get any higher than the iron age (I believe).. He showed a picture of a city full of wishing wells and just about nothing else was in the city to warrant getting these... I presume through special events only were the quest to work

I didn't see how to spend the diamonds in the regular city How is that done?

Also how do you determine the level you are in in the GE ?

I thought of another ...Do you purchase your armies with real money since you don't have a residence of population to build an army?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

It is possible that video may be older as prior to GE level 4 there weren't many diamonds to be found in GE. Now however, level 4 is the best way to earn them. Or at least earn the most of them though it takes considerably more work.

I didn't see how to spend the diamonds in the regular city How is that done?
Every city you have on a server (I'm assuming you play on the US server) share diamonds. The diamonds you earn or buy in one will be shared with the other automatically.

Also how do you determine the level you are in in the GE ?
You can think of the levels like stages, you must complete 1 to move on to 2, 2 to move to 3 and 3 to 4. If you look in the upper left hand corner it will show you what level or stage you're currently on.
I thought of another ...Do you purchase your armies with real money since you don't have a residence of population to build an army?
My recommendation would be to build traz + rogue hideouts and pair those with the unattached you win in GE. However if you are looking to only farm diamonds I would actually not fight but rather negotiate. Fighting means youd need attack boosts and even more time to get through it. Goods you'd just need to make or build up Chat high enough to do enough repeating quests to get all the goods. Even with no chat I think goods buildings + enough population to cover those would be simpler and quicker than fighting.

DeletedUser33045

Every city you have on a server (I'm assuming you play on the US server) share diamonds. The diamonds you earn or buy in one will be shared with the other automatically.
I did not think that you could have cities in the same "location" ...example I am in Arvahall and I am in Norasil. Am I able to share diamonds? Or do I open another in Arvahall or another in Norasil?

Agent327

Diamonds are on your account. You can use them on any world you want. You are not allowed to start a second city on a world.

DeletedUser33045

Diamonds are on your account. You can use them on any world you want. You are not allowed to start a second city on a world.
The light bulb just went on... I get it. So would it be difficult to have more than one world producing diamonds?

DeletedUser31592

The light bulb just went on... I get it. So would it be difficult to have more than one world producing diamonds?
I have 7 cities. WIth just GE (all 64 encounters), I pull in 1200-1500 diamonds per week. My secondary cities are all EMA and HMA. I find both eras preferable to IA.

DeletedUser33045

You can think of the levels like stages, you must complete 1 to move on to 2, 2 to move to 3 and 3 to 4. If you look in the upper left hand corner it will show you what level or stage you're currently on.
Thanks I have apparently completed level 1 in GE. I was instructed to get the guild leader to open level 2.

DeletedUser33045

“Diamond farm”

It will be a challenge for me to work several cities.. but I am going to see how this works out. I think it will have a great deal to do with the strategy I work with

DeletedUser33045

I completed my first level in GE. I did a donation.. I was instructed to get the leader of my guild to open the level 2. I sent a message to the one that was most likely to be . How does the next level get opened?

DeletedUser3882

Please correct me if I’m wrong but you only need 3 guild members to compete in the weekly guild competition in GE. You can still do GE with less than (just no trophy participation?)

Point is, you don’t need no stinking trophies in a diamond farm. If you can’t find a guild opening up lvl 4 each week, start your own and don’t worry about anyone else keeping you from your lvl 4 diamonds!

Agent327

Please correct me if I’m wrong but you only need 3 guild members to compete in the weekly guild competition in GE. You can still do GE with less than (just no trophy participation?)

Point is, you don’t need no stinking trophies in a diamond farm. If you can’t find a guild opening up lvl 4 each week, start your own and don’t worry about anyone else keeping you from your lvl 4 diamonds!

You can do GE with a guild of 1, but not the GE championship.

DeletedUser27889

Yeah you don't need a guild to do level 4. If you're just planning to farm diamonds from 4 you either want to look for a guild that always opens 4 or no guild at all so you can do it on your own. On your own may be preferable because if you need to skip some weeks on your diamond farm you don't have a guild that cares.
The more GE diamond farms you do the harder it is because you have to do 4 levels of GE in each per week. It may be better to only do GE diamond farming in one or two and just put wishing wells for the others. You may have a city on every world on the server if you wish. If you already play your normal game on N and A then you can have diamond farms on everything else, if you chose.

Alvis64

I've had a "diamond mine" since last September. My primary city is on "R". I was working it for right at a year before I started my diamond mining city on "B". For me, WWs and Fountains of Youth are my primary diamond producers. I do the GE every week, and I do hit quite a few diamonds there, but the real workhorses are the Wells and Fountains. Wells and Fountains produce diamonds 1-2% of the time. Each time one produces, it will give you 50 diamonds. I have a combined total of 48 Wells and Fountains in my mining city (collected from the GE and Special Events. Watch the special events for the "daily prize"...when it's a WW, grab 'em!!). I will hit at least one 50 diamond haul out of my crop almost every 24 hour cycle (which is right about 2% of the time). I've also started adding Fountains and Wells to my main city as I get them. I'm not as focused on those in my main city, but what I have are also kicking out diamonds now and then. I'm producing right at 300 diamonds a week from just my Wells and Fountains. I will normally hit between 50 and a 100 in the GE each week on my diamond city as well. I've gone from never having any diamonds to buying all of the diamond expansions available to me in both cities. I also regularly spend diamonds on extra negotiating turns in the GE. Even with those expenditures, I STILL have over 3000 diamonds in my account...and that balance grows each week.

Jern2017

@Maybeline8 others have described what diamond farms are. I would just like to add that I advise you to get to know the mechanics of the game and learn as much as possible before you start one.

Algona

I do the GE every week, and I do hit quite a few diamonds there, but the real workhorses are the Wells and Fountains. Wells and Fountains produce diamonds 1-2% of the time. Each time one produces, it will give you 50 diamonds. I have a combined total of 48 Wells and Fountains in my mining city (collected from the GE and Special Events. Watch the special events for the "daily prize"...when it's a WW, grab 'em!!). I will hit at least one 50 diamond haul out of my crop almost every 24 hour cycle (which is right about 2% of the time).

I completed The Great Diamond Experiment earlier this month. 10,000 collections of 50 WW / FoY in my main city. In 10,000 attempts I collected Diamonds 99 times. I think it's safe to say the drop rate is 1%.

If you want to review the raw data look for my thread Algona the Peddler in the Mount Killmore Guild subforum.