• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

lemonwedgie

It seems that for those who just crossed into FE aren't going to be able to finish the quests .... delete 3 decs from your age ... you seen where the first dec is on the tech tree? Feel for those players, to be stymied by a 'delete decs' quest ...

DeletedUser10415

Saved up a bit over 400 eggs, today, I tried the big chest again and won 200 eggs twice, 4 Shrine's of Knowledge, a Color Guard Camp, and 2bp.

You got 4 SoK's. Good for you. In contrast, I saved up about the same, and today opening gold chests, I got 3 Color Guard Camps, A Foeberge Shop, a pair of Observatory BPs, and 200 eggs a few times. Wouldn't you be annoyed if this was your result instead of the one you got?

DeletedUser8420

As I said on another thread...don't care about this event, cant wait till it is over...I have opened chests not because I want to the prizes because they are totally lame this year...but just because I am bored. I have finished the tech and continental map and so now all this game entails is collection of production. I spend that to help my guildies but nothing else. If it wasn't for my guild mates I would probably not hop online to this at all. The event is sooooo disappointing this year, the so-called prizes are (as stated) lame and trying to force diamond purchases just makes me resist all the more this time. (I was thinking of buying some for expansions but with these buildings offered in this event, why do it? Not worth the expansion cost)

DeletedUser8420

In addition, inno doesn't seem to care what the players think so ...shrug...why bother is my attitude any more.

DeletedUser18482

How can we appreciate this event. I've opened 12 gold chests so far and have not received the Prize of the day. Why would I be motivated to buy more diamonds that come with worthless eggs. This event is a bust. And it used to be the best event along with Halloween. Let's see if they ruin that too. I think if they do I may keep playing but I will completely ignore events.

DeletedUser22169

I just want to voice my/others disappointment with the Event. I just tried 20+ gold boxes and got only 2 SoK with a 25%. 2 120 eggs 7%, 5 Reno Kits 10%, 2 BP 11%, 2 200 eggs 13%. I even spent Diamonds. Pretty low reward for supporting you. I know there is bad luck, but only 2 for 20+ try's at 25%, bad luck would of been at least 3. The eggs now are 5 each when I have no eggs, but when trying to save up they are only 1 each. Looks like the Fix is IN. I love the game but fair is fair, reward our support

DeletedUser25354

Does anyone think we will see Rogue Hideouts as a daily prize again?

DeletedUser14197

Since there is a wiki that list off what each quest will be for the entire Easter event (http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event) and today being the 13th day of said event, that would mean you had just shy of 2 weeks to plan ahead and ensure your ability to complete each of the 2 daily quests. I would say it isn't so much of Inno's fault but your lack of planning. Hopefully the provided link will help you on the future quests :)

This isn't really true. It sometimes takes a lot longer to move up the tech tree. It isn't just fps needed. There are goods. When you get in high levels, sometimes it is nearly impossible to get the goods and 2 weeks is not really all that long. I skipped 2 events because it is too much trouble begging guild members who most of aren't up to a high enough level to help, and checking all day long to see if any trades are posted that would get me the goods I needed. I am lucky to have gotten to the decorations in the future age, so it wasn't a problelm in this event, but I don't even do my tech tree anymore. I haven't even looked at it for weeks. If I need to do a tech, it should be a lot easier than if I had kept doing them and kept using up my goods. Also, why even move into a new era when it will make it nearly impossible to complete the quests.

DeletedUser13838

The only thing I don't know is if the grand prize changed before going from Shrine of Inspiration to Wishing Wells.

The grand prize between soi and ww is the sok, at least for me. I assume it's the same progression for everyone.

You got 4 SoK's. Good for you. In contrast, I saved up about the same, and today opening gold chests, I got 3 Color Guard Camps, A Foeberge Shop, a pair of Observatory BPs, and 200 eggs a few times. Wouldn't you be annoyed if this was your result instead of the one you got?

I opened 3 chests this morning and got 3 pairs of observatory bps (and I still don't have them all). Opened up 4 more and got 200 eggs (which enabled me to get the extra chests), 2 soks and a color guard. That gave me enough tulips to get another sok.

I think the percentages based on my anecdotal observations it seems the percentages shown by inno are right but that the selection process is designed (intentionally or not) to be streaky.

DeletedUser8152

I think the percentages based on my anecdotal observations it seems the percentages shown by inno are right but that the selection process is designed (intentionally or not) to be streaky.
I'd hesitate to claim anything real without actual analysis, but I'll agree that my experience (particularly with random quest rewards) gives me the impression that the random choices are somehow "streakier" than you'd expect.

DeletedUser25411

Perhaps you could consider giving fellow players a little sympathy rather than scorn? I could say that someone that is able to do research and plan two weeks ahead, on how they will be playing a game, has way too much free time on their hands! Certainly more than I have.

To my knowledge the Wiki listed a quest with options, either build decorations from your age or from a previous age, which allows everyone to fulfill this quest. It also seems that different servers may have this quest with options, or without. A whole lot of players are being stuck on this quest, and are stalling out in the Easter Event, being left with with the only choice of buying their way through the event or simply abandoning it. That is a frustrating experience and I can sympathize fully. And I think it was a bad decision on Inno's part. It is never a good idea to frustrate your customers.

My intent was not to scorn anyone, more to offer a way to plan ahead for the remainder of the event. besides all that, this is just a game and just an event. There is no need to get all worked up and (to use your word) scorn the game developer for not being able to appease EVERYONE. The whole point is to have fun.
Lastly, glancing over the quest list doesn't take but a couple minutes. I would say if you have time to play the game you have time to take a look at the quest list; any game played is an investment of time so it depends, I guess, on how much time you are willing to invest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23426

Just voicing my opinion here. I was ready to buy diamonds or eggs for the easter event - I did at the Christmas event. But I cannot believe how this event is set up - it is an insult. I have to spend money to get a chance at the daily special ....... or a 10 fp package? OM...fG... I cannot believe this! In one world I saved all my eggs for the second SOK to show up, and I spent 7 large chests - I got one SOK and three of the unbelievably useless colorguard barracks - I cant imagine ever building even one of them....

And Inno expects that I will be so excited to spend more money to get eggs for this???? For gambling???? OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!! I am starting to think I am spending my money with the wrong game here. This is just terrible - and NOT FUN at ALL - it is an insult- if you are a paying customer.

DeletedUser21146

Surely you can't force a player to use diamonds?! I have just leveled up to "The Future", the ONLY decoration available is 150 diamonds?! ( X 3 !!) I can research and advance for about 500 more material that I don't have and is not available to barter for. OR I can just not participate?! I understand this is a rare and unique situation. MAYBE fix it so new players don't get discouraged and stop playing?!

PS Your tech support was about as helpful as taking a shot of whiskey for a computer virus!

DeletedUser14197

Here are some suggestions for next year. One suggestion, should no one have mentioned it yet should you not mind giving out more eggs: Make it possible to get more eggs. You could hide eggs in the field for such things as fighting, maybe even just 1 a fight, or more, with a max per day if getting too many eggs is a problem. This is just an example. Just a way for people to make a few extra eggs and encourage more game play. I'm not actually playing the game right now. I came back just to do the event and was discouraged it wasn't like last year, but was frustrated with the way it was last year too. However, to me the quests have been less time consuming and less frustrating than hiding eggs. However, I would have preferred to have been able to trade in eggs for items instead of only having chests as an option. Also, why not allow one to skip any of the quests? That would have helped anyone who couldn't do the quest to build decoration from their age. It would still have been aggravating that one would lose out on some eggs, but not as aggravating as being up against a wall, with no way to continue.

Andre.Andre

Surely you can't force a player to use diamonds?! I have just leveled up to "The Future", the ONLY decoration available is 150 diamonds?! ( X 3 !!) I can research and advance for about 500 more material that I don't have and is not available to barter for. OR I can just not participate?! I understand this is a rare and unique situation. MAYBE fix it so new players don't get discouraged and stop playing?!

PS Your tech support was about as helpful as taking a shot of whiskey for a computer virus!
This event was not for all players. Was created and adjusted to attract new players, not for old players ( more than 1 year). Color guard, shrine of inspiration ( "the great prizes") are for small players. If you are an old player you must spend some money for other prizes. Anyway the game is a business and it's all about money. We can't play many years this game ,I play this game on US servers for five years and i spend some money occasional when something I liked or I really needed, so we need (maybe) to find another activities for our fun.... So, depends on INNO strategy, and for this year this was their strategy... If was wrong or good , only INNO will know ...And we'll see where it will go.

DeletedUser18851

As usual the Daily Prize that is claimed by the game as being a 25% chance of getting for my 26 Opening of Gold Chests (ONLY) the percentage was found to be well MORE than HALF the value stated.

Don't worry Stevie -- Jaelis pulled out the chi-squared test, but for your small sample size it wasn't very revealing. I have combined your data with other data posted on this thread, and data collected in my own guild. So far I have 574 data points for gold chest. I had also planned on running a chi-squared analysis on these numbers, and I will do so once I have gathered the maximum available data, and we will see where the lies are.

So far, as a cursory result, it would seem that Inno has set the grand prize percentage at around 3% less than listed. Why wouldn't they do this? For anyone who wants to keep track of their results, 3% is awfully hard to PROVE, but just enough to milk some more diamonds from the fools who spend money on these events. But, when we run the chi-square test at the end, we will see how likely it is that our deviation from the expected was due to random chance (and thus how likely it is that Inno lies about the numbers). I suspect the result will indicate a lie.

FYI, here are the results so far after 574 rolls:

BSoRd22.jpg

DeletedUser25445

The devs said pretty explicitly they've retooled the event to be good for new players. And really the SoI isn't bad for a new player who's striving to get his first GB going. The new egg thing is better for a player who isn't in a guild and doesn't have a good group of friends yet. The random chests are better for new players who don't know what is good to buy and what isn't. Even the color guard is good for BA-EMA players.

So I think they succeeded in their goal. I think it is unfortunate that in doing so they made the event less attractive for experienced players. But honestly I can see why they might make that choice. Do the long-time, experienced players keep coming back for the events? I kind of doubt it. I think most everyone on this forum, and surely everyone on beta, would keep playing if they stopped doing events all together.

You can make a case that they ought to make sure to keep their dedicated players happy. And I hope they do take steps for that. (I guess you'd have to count new ages as that kind of step.) But if they want to make the events more about developing a bigger base of dedicated players, then I can't rationally fault them for it.

I find this Easter Quest event was ruined by them putting the Color Guard in the Gold chest. It makes me sick to my stomach to waste eggs and get 4 of these. I heard last years event, you could chose your prizes. I deal with the frustration of the random Bps, doubles turning into more doubles, and this "random" prize in the Chests is just painful. If I didn't have the Color Guard looming over me as a possible prize ,then I would give this Quest 4.5 Stars. Why put something in a chest that only lower Age people can use? And why would you possible need more than 1, or 2 at the very most. Color Guard should have been a daily prize only where you could try and get it if you really wanted it.

DeletedUser23123

(I post this in another thread) Been reading. I am guilty as well. But to the point. April fool is coming. You think there connection with all the complaint and dogging on the Devs? Just had that thought.
Kind of like Supervisor Revenge on the Golf Course. Maintenance having to put up a lot of crap from golfer so, we make it hard and sometime impossible to make a good score.

DeletedUser9732

I find this Easter Quest event was ruined by them putting the Color Guard in the Gold chest. It makes me sick to my stomach to waste eggs and get 4 of these. I heard last years event, you could chose your prizes. I deal with the frustration of the random Bps, doubles turning into more doubles, and this "random" prize in the Chests is just painful. If I didn't have the Color Guard looming over me as a possible prize ,then I would give this Quest 4.5 Stars. Why put something in a chest that only lower Age people can use? And why would you possible need more than 1, or 2 at the very most. Color Guard should have been a daily prize only where you could try and get it if you really wanted it.

Ugh, seriously. I've got 8 Color Guard camps across 4 worlds ( 3, 0, 2, 3 ). What a waste of eggs and inventory space. At least with the bunch of Foeberge shops I got I can pretend they may actually be useful, since I did put one down in my lowest city.

DeletedUser24389

The event is flawed. It seems the programmers erred in dealing with the "Day" or "24 Hour" concept and that hurts the game and the players. The first day I did not get my 15 eggs in one of the 4 worlds that I play simultaneously. I was told it was because my daily cycle started before they started the game that same day. Why do you not start all games at Midnight or noon? Or have a flexible start that adapts to the different time zones? Now I've lost quest credit on several days because I get my new cycle at 10:30 or 11 and that doesn't leave me much time before it's "the next day". Total BS.
I've not faired well on requesting a correction for quests credits which I got eggs for but did not get Rinbin credit for. In one instance the finished numbers were 31 of 35 then I finished another quest, it flashed, did NOT give me the 25 eggs then jumped from 31 completed to event over. WTF???
I had previously protested the starting glitch and have been promised I will get another cycle at the end as long as I do not fail to sign on every day. In other words, this company will own up to it's mistakes only if 1) you confront them 2) Do not accept their first BS excuse and finally, perform perfect so they have no further excuse for their incompetence. smh.
The Winter event went much better.