• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tour de France

DeletedUser8152

The stage rewards are standard random rewards.

I think the kiosk is rather nice though, for high ages it produces considereably more goods per square than any other building in the game. Oases are rather popular and this is similar but half the size.

DeletedUser19219

We value your feedback greatly, so don't forget to comment here about the Tour de France questline.

Your Forge of Empires Team

I wasn't sure where to address this, so this might not be the right place for this comment. If this is not the right place, I apologize.
First off, I have been playing FoE for a couple years now, and frankly, I'm addicted. I have purchased diamonds, and am now part of three worlds, which tells you how much I love it. However, I've been disappointed in my inability to complete the event quests due to scouting issues. It gets really frustrating when a quest requires a player to scout when they can only scout one territory at a time (the case in the higher ages—I am in Contemporary Era). I often have to quickly make trades if I cannot successfully attack, and struggle to get finished in time. I got really stuck in the winter event due to scouting, then Take over 3 sectors, then Gain a Province. I did get the Confectionery, with only 2 hours to spare! It would be appreciated if in the events the scouting would be offered as an option, such as it has been in other events, i.e. Research a Technology OR Scout a Territory. I am not alone in this opinion, as it is frequently grumbled about on my guild message boards. Once a player scouts, they then need to acquire sectors, and sometimes I am waiting for my scout to finish when this comes up.
Thank you for a fabulous game experience. I hope that you will consider making this small change for upcoming events, as it is quite a struggle for upper age players, and often knocks us out of participating in events. Thank you for your time.
--Princess Violetta, your huge Forge Fan.

DeletedUser28043

Why would you use a cheater who was stripped of his second year victory (who knows what he did the first time?) to tell the story of the Tour de France. Why not use Merckx (Won 5 Tours and as only one, won both the yellow, green and polka-dot jerseys in one race) or Hinault (won 5 times too).

I, for one, will not be using this portrait...
Yikes. I wouldn't use the portrait either. Seems like an oversight... or a rushed effort to put together the new event. Either way, no go on that portrait.

DeletedUser28015

Why would you use a cheater

Don't believe everything you hear. The reality is quite different. The "spectators" went nuts, scattering nails and glass and even cutting down trees to block riders and then beating them to a pulp. Garin was mobbed and beaten, breaking one of his fingers. Numerous rumors about cheating were circulated ... Garin's prize was stripped on the basis of one of those.

who was stripped of his second year victory (who knows what he did the first time?)

So you're just going to assume. He wasn't stripped of his first title, which is what this is about.

to tell the story of the Tour de France.

Um, because he was the first winner. Because that was the story.

Why not use Merckx (Won 5 Tours and as only one, won both the yellow, green and polka-dot jerseys in one race) or Hinault (won 5 times too).

Um, because Merckx won 65 years after the tour was founded. And you ignore Jacques Anquetil, the first to win five tours. Perhaps because he accurately said “You would have to be an imbecile to imagine a professional cyclist who races for 235 days a year can hold the pace without stimulants.”

I, for one, will not be using this portrait...

No one cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobboG

I am in TE and the tour requires you to build 6 roads from your era or 9 from the previous one. Hello, you did not offer any roads in TE or CE tech tree. How the heck are those of us in TE supposed to do this.

DeletedUser3679

This was brought up and a solution was made in beta (think it involved adding another way to satisfy the quest with an "or", but don't remember the details). No reason to think that this solution or something similar will not be included here.

DeletedUser27284

I wasn't sure where to address this, so this might not be the right place for this comment. If this is not the right place, I apologize.
First off, I have been playing FoE for a couple years now, and frankly, I'm addicted. I have purchased diamonds, and am now part of three worlds, which tells you how much I love it. However, I've been disappointed in my inability to complete the event quests due to scouting issues. It gets really frustrating when a quest requires a player to scout when they can only scout one territory at a time (the case in the higher ages—I am in Contemporary Era). I often have to quickly make trades if I cannot successfully attack, and struggle to get finished in time. I got really stuck in the winter event due to scouting, then Take over 3 sectors, then Gain a Province. I did get the Confectionery, with only 2 hours to spare! It would be appreciated if in the events the scouting would be offered as an option, such as it has been in other events, i.e. Research a Technology OR Scout a Territory. I am not alone in this opinion, as it is frequently grumbled about on my guild message boards. Once a player scouts, they then need to acquire sectors, and sometimes I am waiting for my scout to finish when this comes up.
Thank you for a fabulous game experience. I hope that you will consider making this small change for upcoming events, as it is quite a struggle for upper age players, and often knocks us out of participating in events. Thank you for your time.
--Princess Violetta, your huge Forge Fan.

i also struggle, not just on the scouting abut acquiring sectors, gaining province and research technology. i have been pushed so far ahead with these quests that i am way out of depth! i am trying to negotiate for goods i have no way of getting (trade, if available, demands extortionate rates) units i have no hope of defeating with my far inferior troops.

it would be an excellent idea to have at least two, maybe three options per stage :)

i often wonder if the cost of completing the quests are worth the end reward. so far, i am not impressed with the current one!

DeletedUser15042

The quests are not intended to be easy. If they were, this would be farmville. It is all completely optional and gives you a reward at the end that is worth more than the free standard buildings of the game. Therefore, it should be expected to be a challenge. Even though it really is not that challenging at all.

This is a game where you have to play with a strategy. That is what makes it fun.

DeletedUser26965

I think the kiosk is rather nice though, for high ages it produces considereably more goods per square than any other building in the game. Oases are rather popular and this is similar but half the size.
Yep, thankfully I'll just be entering TE when I'm done with this event. I never scoff at free goods.

DeletedUser27889

I won diamonds in one of the random awards. I didn't even know that was possible for anything other than the repeatable ones. =)

I agree with the scouting, personally I think anything that forces you to advance your game should have an or option. I was very happy to see the or option given on the tech tree one, if it hadn't been an or then I wouldn't have completed the questline.

I actually think the kiosk is a nice little building. It's different and much smaller than the oasis. I actually won an oasis today in GE, that's going to sit in inventory while the kiosk will get used.

I also liked not having to wait a day for the next task.

Algona

Good post, Manda the first, good points all. I'm happy with the diamonds I picked up, it's the only reason I do Historic Events, unless the end prize is good. And I agree with you there as well, the Kiosk looks like a keeper.

This has been a good Event. More like this, please.

DeletedUser14197

I won't be completing this event in any of my remaining 4 cities. I wouldn't mind having the kioask, but it is simply not worth it to me to either scout or take a province to 2 to open up an area to scout.

DeletedUser8152

I won't be completing this event in any of my remaining 4 cities. I wouldn't mind having the kioask, but it is simply not worth it to me to either scout or take a province to 2 to open up an area to scout.
Sounds like a fine and healthy decision :)

DeletedUser8420

The quests are not intended to be easy. If they were, this would be farmville. It is all completely optional and gives you a reward at the end that is worth more than the free standard buildings of the game. Therefore, it should be expected to be a challenge. Even though it really is not that challenging at all.

This is a game where you have to play with a strategy. That is what makes it fun.
the fun has been NERF"D too often....I too am to the point of not doing these quests....especially the take province ....I would like to have the kosk but it doesn't look as if I will be able to complete.