• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

100% and more on GE

DeletedUser26660

I would like to know answer to this question please. I seem to remember that there was mention before that when 100% was reached on the scoreboard that that was enough to claim the Gold trophy. As we know we can pass 100% by doing level 4 and get easily to 110% and more.

So my question is, Team A and Team B are going for Gold spot. Team A passes 100% first but then ends up behind Team B with final score of 105% to Team B's 106%.... will Team A still win as they passed 100% first?

DeletedUser8152

The announcement says
The bonus 4th difficulty is handled a bit differently in the Championships. An entire guild finishing the normal 3- expedition will still result in 100%, and on the guild member progress overview you'll also see 48/48 encounters.
Guilds and players that are powering through the 4th difficulty will be indicated on the list - you will see a different icon next to their names:
difficulty44.png
You will also see that those brave people went over the 'maximum' available amount of encounters (for example 55/48). The percentage can also go over 100%. A theoretical new maximum score is 133%, if an entire guild manages to finish the 4th difficulty.
Nothing there suggests to me that the championship is not decided based on the total completion percentage. So I would expect that in your scenario team B would win. I haven't seen that happen to be sure, but if Team A were to win, I think the announcement text needs to be changed to explain that.

DeletedUser26965

The announcement says

Nothing there suggests to me that the championship is not decided based on the total completion percentage. So I would expect that in your scenario team B would win. I haven't seen that happen to be sure, but if Team A were to win, I think the announcement text needs to be changed to explain that.
This whole thing has been confusing from the start. Why they just couldn't keep the whole thing 100% I have no idea and would have kept things simple. Regardless there was something at first mentioned about it still being 100% and that the extra wouldn't count towards competitions but I can't recall if that was also mentioned on live at first but it was on Beta.

"Guild Championship progress in 4th difficulty
Because of some internal miscommunication the original announcement contained a mistake about how the Guild Championship progress is calculated.

An entire guild finishing the normal expedition will still result in 100%, and on the guild member progress overview you'll also see 48/48 encounters. The part that was unclear was that if the guild makes the choice to go for the bonus round of making progress in the very challenging 4th difficulty, this will also be reflected in their championship progress. A theoretical new maximum score is 133%, if an entire guild manages to finish the entire 4th difficulty."
Guild Expeditions Changes - Continuation

DeletedUser26965

Here's an example:

• Guild A - completed all of difficulty 3 - has 100%, last % progress was today at 8 am.
    • Guild B - completed some of difficulty 2, difficulty 3, and difficulty 4 - has 94%, their last % progress was today at 2 pm.
    • Guild C - completed some of difficulty 1, difficulty 2, difficulty 3, and difficulty 4 - has 94%, last % progress was today at 9 am.
    • Guild D - completed all of difficulty 4 - has 133%.
    • Guild E - completed some of difficulty 3 and difficulty 4 - has 100%, last progress was today at 1 pm.
The ranking for championships in this case would be as following:

• Guild D - 133%
    • Guild A - 100%, got there first at 8 am
    • Guild E - 100%, got there second at 1 pm (doesn't matter that they've done some of difficulty 4 as the overall % is important)
    • Guild C - 94%, got there first at 9 am
    • Guild B - 94%, got there second at 2 pm (doesn't matter that they've all completed difficulty 1 and Guild C have not, as guild C simply got to 94% first)
The number of attempts you have used for getting to that % is not taken into account.

Does or does not.............

DeletedUser28503

This whole thing has been confusing from the start. Why they just couldn't keep the whole thing 100% I have no idea and would have kept things simple. Regardless there was something at first mentioned about it still being 100% and that the extra wouldn't count towards competitions but I can't recall if that was also mentioned on live at first but it was on Beta.

"Guild Championship progress in 4th difficulty
Because of some internal miscommunication the original announcement contained a mistake about how the Guild Championship progress is calculated.

An entire guild finishing the normal expedition will still result in 100%, and on the guild member progress overview you'll also see 48/48 encounters. The part that was unclear was that if the guild makes the choice to go for the bonus round of making progress in the very challenging 4th difficulty, this will also be reflected in their championship progress. A theoretical new maximum score is 133%, if an entire guild manages to finish the entire 4th difficulty."
Guild Expeditions Changes - Continuation
HAHA and yet its still unclear does it break 100% or not. In beta we discussed it alot and we tried and failed to get bar over 100% when it should have. So did they change this does teh ge competition bar go over 100% yes or no. Has any guild done more then all lvl 3 and and soem lvl 4 if so please post ur screen shot.

JC

DeletedUser26965

HAHA and yet its still unclear does it break 100% or not. In beta we discussed it alot and we tried and failed to get bar over 100% when it should have. So did they change this does teh ge competition bar go over 100% yes or no. Has any guild done more then all lvl 3 and and soem lvl 4 if so please post ur screen shot.

JC
It goes past 100%, the championship bar goes to 133% now. "A theoretical new maximum score is 133%, if an entire guild manages to finish the entire 4th difficulty" GE Championship record?

DeletedUser8152

It sounds like there was some fumbling around on beta, but at least the statement on the live server is pretty unambiguous (that it goes to 133%). So maybe a case of beta actually doing its job? :)

DeletedUser28503

It goes past 100%, the championship bar goes to 133% now. "A theoretical new maximum score is 133%, if an entire guild manages to finish the entire 4th difficulty" GE Championship record?
OK but who wins first to 100% or the over 100% guild. It was not clear in the info given and I have yet heard anyone validate that they beat a guild who reached 100% first by going over 100%. If that makes sense. What is sad to me is they had 30 pages and numerous other forum posts about all this before going live and they still went live. It typical inno release and figure it out later.

DeletedUser28503

It sounds like there was some fumbling around on beta, but at least the statement on the live server is pretty unambiguous (that it goes to 133%). So maybe a case of beta actually doing its job? :)
and inno ignoring it and going live anyhow

DeletedUser26965

So maybe a case of beta actually doing its job?
From my reading of things I'm quite certain Inno has a schedule it keeps no matter the problems that may occur. The only thing I've seen them hold back in Beta to fix is that new GB interface, otherwise it goes live no matter what. That is a big problem and I can't recall any other company treating Beta testing in such a fashion, it's meant to be used to catch and fix things not merely a stepping stone for scheduled release.

DeletedUser28503

From my reading of things I'm quite certain Inno has a schedule it keeps no matter the problems that may occur. The only thing I've seen them hold back in Beta to fix is that new GB interface, otherwise it goes live no matter what. That is a big problem and I can't recall any other company treating Beta testing in such a fashion, it's meant to be used to catch and fix things not merely a stepping stone for scheduled release.
Yep and do you want to know who is more important then us in beta and here in forums....
https://blog.innogames.com/the-importance-of-automation
Now the reason....
They are not critical and dont hurt there fragile little egoes with feedback.
my opinion...
yes ai is good to test many things especially in volume and for speed and reliability. However they are only as good as who coded them and crap in crap out. NO AI tester can give true testing because they can't mimick a user entirely. Users do dumb crap and as such you have to test for dumb crap is just 1 area while there are countless others i will leave my rant at that.

JC

DeletedUser8152

OK but who wins first to 100% or the over 100% guild. It was not clear in the info given and I have yet heard anyone validate that they beat a guild who reached 100% first by going over 100%. If that makes sense. What is sad to me is they had 30 pages and numerous other forum posts about all this before going live and they still went live. It typical inno release and figure it out later.
Unless the live server announcement is wrong (possible), then the over 100% guild wins.

DeletedUser26965

Yep and do you want to know who is more important then us in beta and here in forums....
https://blog.innogames.com/the-importance-of-automation
Now the reason....
They are not critical and dont hurt there fragile little egoes with feedback.
my opinion...
yes ai is good to test many things especially in volume and for speed and reliability. However they are only as good as who coded them and crap in crap out. NO AI tester can give true testing because they can't mimick a user entirely. Users do dumb crap and as such you have to test for dumb crap is just 1 area while there are countless others i will leave my rant at that.

JC
Sure but they still have Bet testing, it's not like they've completely abandon beta for auto testing which they probably do before Beta. It's clear with the new gb interface example they do listen and react to Beta testing but for many other things like new expansions, events etc. it seems those are on a schedule and get released regardless of what occurs in beta.

DeletedUser26660

We regularly get over 100% but that is combination of some players getting 64/64 and some not completing all of level 3. So a guild can pass 100% without level 3 being completed by all members and therefore it is still unclear about the ''first past 100% wins'' which was initially discussed.

DeletedUser26965

We regularly get over 100% but that is combination of some players getting 64/64 and some not completing all of level 3. So a guild can pass 100% without level 3 being completed by all members and therefore it is still unclear about the ''first past 100% wins'' which was initially discussed.

The direct answer to your original question is no, Team A will not win just because they passed 100% first, Team B will win because their score is higher even if they got that higher score after Team A reached 100%. linked discussion above 100% and more on GE

DeletedUser26660

If I remember correctly initial discussions implied that level 4 was just for fun and would not count towards final calculations when deciding Gold, Silver and Bronze positions. But it now seems that that is not so and that all level 4 activity does count towards final positions.

DeletedUser8152

If I remember correctly initial discussions implied that level 4 was just for fun and would not count towards final calculations when deciding Gold, Silver and Bronze positions. But it now seems that that is not so and that all level 4 activity does count towards final positions.
Yes.

DeletedUser26965

Also above 100% and more on GE

DeletedUser26759

You mean like "extra credit"? lol, there's plenty of idio...err, fine people that still think that over in this fun thread.

133% is the new finish line. 100% means nothing, which yes, is absurd.