• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.109

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser

It takes some getting used to this new format.
I'm glad to hear mobile users are enjoying it.
I'm not a Forge Point Swapper.
I feed my own G.B.s then let the Arc Players finish them off.

View attachment 7040

What do the Big Arc Players think about this new system?
Who cares what the Big Arc Players think?:p
Here's my assessment: Don't like it. It takes away the ability to use individual 2, 5 and 10 FP Packs from browser users, unless your FP bar is empty, then you can do it the way mobile users have had to do it. Go to your inventory, and put the specific packs you want to use into your FP bar, then go back to the GB screen and use them. The 100 FP option is worthless if you're quest looping, because if the quest is 77, for example, you don't want to use the 100 FP button. That would waste 23 FP as far as the next quest loop is concerned. As Manda pointed out, the layout is counter to how we process information to make decisions. It brings no new benefit to outweigh the new negatives.

4206988-d11d1c516380d1c6ed3da36170911e6e4c7c3683a178d1573d9f56f12fe6a193.jpg

DeletedUser13838

Who cares what the Big Arc Players think?:p
Here's my assessment: Don't like it. It takes away the ability to use individual 2, 5 and 10 FP Packs from browser users, unless your FP bar is empty, then you can do it the way mobile users have had to do it. Go to your inventory, and put the specific packs you want to use into your FP bar, then go back to the GB screen and use them.
Why would I want to use packs if my fp bar isn't empty?

DeletedUser

The GB contribution window is absolutely horrible. It takes away all the options that the old window gives, i.e. - the old window let me choose which packets of FPs to use, or even if I wanted to buy FPs, the new window has no such option. It totally is unacceptable.
Agreed! The one and only positive thing is that you can now spend 10 FP with one click, but that is hardly compensation for the rest of this hot mess. :mad:

DeletedUser13838

Once again, you grab onto a point I didn't make. You really can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Because some of us don't want to use the daily accruing points for sticks-to-bricks. We actually have a plan for all our FPs that we know we are getting, and it is easier to keep track.
Did it ever occur to either of you to simply answer a question as asked instead of being obnoxious?

ITown

OMG THANK YOU INNO.

This is easily the best update you have had in at least a year. Before the update, it took me an agonizing 10 minutes to complete a 3000 FP donation. This update dropped that to 1-2 minutes.

I've had multiple friends return, who had gone inactive due to the tedious nature of donations.

This update also enabled me to finally start leveling my GBs at a reasonable pace.

As for the issue with the way in which the 1 FP button works - don't care. If I want to use a 5 FP pack, I'll do it just by opening 1 from inventory and adding it at the start. No big deal.

With that said, I don't get the point of the "finish level with diamonds". I'm not about to spend $2000 to level up my GB once.

DeletedUser13838

Because some of us don't want to use the daily accruing points for sticks-to-bricks. We actually have a plan for all our FPs that we know we are getting, and it is easier to keep track.
I did answer your question as asked. You are the one who read anything into it.
Sorry, I just didn't find the answer all that helpful (no offense). At the end of the day you know you are getting X from collections plus 1 per hour that you need to spend. What is the advantage to using packs for stix (or whatever else) instead of using packs only when you don't have sufficient fps to meet your obligations? What am I missing?

DeletedUser

Sorry, I just didn't find the answer all that helpful (no offense). At the end of the day you know you are getting X from collections plus 1 per hour that you need to spend. What is the advantage to using packs for stix (or whatever else) instead of using packs only when you don't have sufficient fps to meet your obligations? What am I missing?
The point of the original post of mine that you commented on is what you missed. It was about being able to spend specific FP packs, not about whether or not your FP bar was empty or not. I guess I should have left that part of the sentence out so you could see that better, but I assume a certain level of discernment for those who read my posts. In error, apparently.

DeletedUser28809

People in my guild are expressing negative views of the new interface for applying FP to great buildings.

Knowing that we are probably stuck with it, rather than whine, I have improvement suggestions.

• I would like it more if it would give a warning popup message before breaking open a FP pack in inventory.
• And now that I think of it, it would be a great improvement if we would get a warning popup if about to level someone's building by putting on the last FP. That might reduce the number of accidental levelings.

centaurgod

re: Manda the first, post: 159892
You are right on target with your post. Though almost every language on this planet is written/read top to bottom, left to right, their are some that are not. With applications being developed by people who's native language is written right to left and/or bottom to top I can say that I have seen this kind of stuff more and more.

i.e. fill in the box with Y or N [____] -vs- {___} fill in the box with Y or N.

centaurgod

The GB contribution is a real disaster. You loose the ability to do simple things like add 6,7,8 or 9 FP's to a GB. Say you want to add 6,7,8 or 9 FB to a GB (whatever the reason.... level it, get above another player, quest loop...etc) and you only have the 1,2,3 or 4n your bar. YOU CANNOT DO IT. You are forced to exit the GB screen. load the inventory screen, select the consumables screen, find a 5- pack, use it, exit inventory, go back to GB screen then make your donation. That's at least 7 or more additional clicks needed.

DeletedUser26120

That's at least 7 or more additional clicks needed.
Why not just click button to empty fp bar, then click 1fp button? It'd load up a pack, use the fp and give you the remaining in bar.

It automatically uses the smallest pack you have in inventory.

From there you can empty bar again or click 1fp until you get the desired amount.

I don't like the new upgrade for Great Building Donations. I shouldn't have to empty my bar before I can use a package. I tend to use the bar for my buildings & research and save the packages to help friends & guild members. This new change doesn't give you the option of which you want to use. Really just should have left it alone.

DawnLight the Just

I know exactly how many FPs I make and exactly how many I am obligated to spend (through GB Clubs or personal swaps, etc.), which leaves me knowing how many I have left for the day to spend on the tech tree and the endless threads. I generally put 2 FPs on each Stix-to-Bricks building, and in an active, guild, that can be up to 6/day (usually less, but there have been days where we have had that many new buildings). I choose to use the 2-pt. packages to cover these donations because they tend to accumulate since I use the larger packages for larger donations or the tech tree. Why does it bother you that I (and obviously others) have a system that utilizes the FP packages differently from you?