• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser3485

Sigh, another event designed for the CC warriors. Let see how many of the "special" buildings these guys can buy.

DeletedUser35506

Hi all. The 2018 soccer cup event is great, but I have a question. Once you reach silver/gold league in the soccer cup can you be demoted to a lower league (bronze/silver in this case) if say you don't score goals for the remainder of the event?

Thank you for answering the question.

DeletedUser30312

Yup, I cleared out some more faces on my main. However, trees sufficed for my Wishing Well farm.

That's a good video from FOE Hints. I think I will not bother to pursue the Tholos upgrades. It needs diamonds to get to the highest level, so forget that. Even then, compared to the PoH, I think it's a little inferior. The PoH is still best for FP production, but the Tholos arguably has the edge on goods. I think I'll go for some of those attack boosting houses though. Since the attack bonus stays flat regardless of age, they're not going to need much in the way of upgrades unless you're worried that aid will skip over them for being underleveled. Even then, meh, gives me something to actually use the self-aid kits on.

Unfortunately, the whole "need to spend money to get the best prize" aspect of this event knocks it down a bit in my estimation right from the start. I still think Carnival was the worst of the year's events so far, but I'll have to wait and see how this turns out. This one looks like it's going to be more on the level of Forge Bowl, which wasn't too bad.

DeletedUser32973

So is this the first event that requires us to flat out spend diamonds for the best prize? Even as a diamond farmer I'm hesitant to spend here. It sounds like 4-6k diamonds are required for a level 10 idol, which seems a bit excessive. For players who spend diamonds how does this value compare to previous events?

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

So is this the first event that requires us to flat out spend diamonds for the best prize? Even as a diamond farmer I'm hesitant to spend here. It sounds like 4-6k diamonds are required for a level 10 idol, which seems a bit excessive. For players who spend diamonds how does this value compare to previous events?
I'm pretty sure this is the first event that absolutely required spending diamonds to win the highest prize. That irks me-- I've spent money to increase my chances in past events (albeit never massive amounts) but I think I'll make it a point not to spend anything in this one. Inno is indeed a business and of course they'll try to maximize profits, but I don't think this is a viable long-term way to do that.

DeletedUser32973

I'm pretty sure this is the first event that absolutely required spending diamonds to win the highest prize. That irks me-- I've spent money to increase my chances in past events (albeit never massive amounts) but I think I'll make it a point not to spend anything in this one. Inno is indeed a business and of course they'll try to maximize profits, but I don't think this is a viable long-term way to do that.

Yeah I'm hoping this isn't their new model. One thing I noticed is I don't see a way to get additional idols. Do any beta players know if they show up in the daily specials (the wiki seems to lack some information)? Not that it matters...it looks like just one additional level 10 idol would be like 20k+ diamonds.

DeletedUser34879

Wow... first attack to the goal...haven't even scored yet... 4 (FOUR) Shrines of Knowledge. Amazing

DeletedUser27910

Wonderful event... I moved down the field and managed to score a goal. No daily special, but received a nice miscellaneous collection of garbage including the 1 rogue from the rogue shot I took to score the goal. I sure hope I get to level 9 building.

DeletedUser27889

Hi all. The 2018 soccer cup event is great, but I have a question. Once you reach silver/gold league in the soccer cup can you be demoted to a lower league (bronze/silver in this case) if say you don't score goals for the remainder of the event?

Thank you for answering the question.
Yes absolutely. The leagues are entirely dependent on the amount of goals scored by all players in your world and thus will always be in flux as people score more and to be completely honest, spend more.

It would be unlikely to expect to be in the gold league unless you are spending a good deal of money. It's day 1 and someone in Noarsil has scored 42 goals already, that's already much more than the goals one could score with the amount of energy drinks you will win during this entire event, and again it's only day 1. Though day 1 with a sale and an SoK as the daily.

DeletedUser26965

How can we tell how many yards/meters each player offers?
If they technically have a value assigned to the players they never put it in game but you really don't need that because they are equally spaced from one another. The "yards" is merely an arbitrary value assigned in order to calculate efficiency, so essentially 10 20 30. 10 for all the players nearest you(lazy and Bronze), 20 for those in the middle(Silver) and 30 for those furthest away(Gold), divided by the energy drink cost for the goal value. So Frank "Forge Point" Parker costs 94 and is a 20 which is .213

DeletedUser26965

Some early stats for Daily Special runs:

10 Cities
127 passes total
10867 drinks spent
1086 drinks avg per city
85.56 drinks avg per pass
19 DS's
15% chance to get DS average over the long run
572 drinks per DS avg over the long run

DeletedUser6120

The new buildings for the Soccer event are really beautiful. I like how they have the same kind of Roman-esque look that the buildings awarded in the football event had. It makes them attractive to players, like myself, who would not really be interested in anything that was obviously sports themed. Although I do wish they were worth more. Just being culture buildings is not very valuable.

I seriously dislike the player choice that offers the event buildings like the Contestant's Estate and the Ornate Baths. In the bundle, you have a 42% chance of getting the worthless "Victory Tower"--better known as the "Garbage Tower". And yes, it is worthless. It gives 7 medals a week---what else can you call it except worthless? I have buildings that give more than 7 medals a day. What aggravates me is that you have a 42% chance in that package of getting the Victory Tower----I mean, really----42%???? It is the most expensive package, and nearly half of it is for a worthless prize? I really resent the designers stacking the deck like that. That is really overdoing it. Every time I have had enough energy drinks to chance that package, I have ended up with another garbage tower. I have umpteen of those towers in my inventory, from all different events, and I would not give crap like that space in my city. I think it is very unfair, and extremely frustrating, for the designers to have made a package where you have a nearly negligible chance of getting any of the Special Event buildings---most especially since it seems they will not be offered anywhere else, like as a daily prize. If either the Estate or the Baths were offered as a daily prize, we would have a chance of getting them. Or if they were offered in any of the other packages. But to only be offered in that one package, and with so little chance of getting either one, it is more than a little disappointing. As the event has only just started, I am hoping that both special event buildings will be offered as a prize elsewhere.

I like the new "up gradable" buildings, but I have to say that I think the designers are over-doing it with the Tholos of Idols. Yes, it is a beautiful building, and a valuable one. But upgrading it 10 times? And Its not really much to look at until you get it to at least level 7. In fact, it is pretty ugly until you get it to a high level. First, I think they are overdoing it with the upgrading---it is too much of a good thing. And I think that for such a large size---4x4----it should at least be pretty at every level. In the Venice Carnival event, they had the Grand Bridge, which I never got further than level 3. But even at that low level the Bridge looks beautiful, and is valuable, so it is worth having in my city. I am waiting and leaving the Tholos of Idols in my inventory until I see how far up I can get upgrades for. Hopefully I can get it up to the point where it will be worth the large space in my city. But seriously, upgrading something 10 times is excessive. Why take an idea that is a good one, and stretch it out of all shape, until it gets ridiculous?