• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser31592

hi
i like the event so far very changing!
the part i don't like is buy FP!! i am very low on coins as i produce very little per day and with all the coins i need. i only accumulate a little per day. need something else that does not take my coins. will be very hard to finish. as i will have to buy 5 fp soon i don't have enough coins to do that so it will be a few days before that is possible! hard to believe the reason i may not finish is having to spend coins!!! OUCH....
Are you aiding everyone daily? After the first couple of days, coins should never be an issue.

DeletedUser6120

In an earlier post, I complained that the beautiful special event buildings were placed only in the most expensive package, with very little chance of getting any of them. Well, I find I have to eat my words, and I am very happy about it!

One of the Special Event buildings the Ornate Bath, has appeared as the daily prize in then event. As the daily prize, there is a very good chance of winning it. Ironically, with the Ornate Bath as the daily prize, it is now offered twice in the most expensive package, doubling the chance of getting it! I don't know if this was something that was planned from the beginning of the event, or if the designers responded to complaints from players, but either way I am very happy about it. Many thanks, Inno!

The Ornate Bath is very beautiful, and designed so that it fits in perfectly with special buildings from the earlier Football event. I really loved how these buildings were designed with an "ancient Rome" look to them! They are elegant, very detailed, and beautiful, and none are overtly "sports" themed, which is a great benefit.

DeletedUser35199

I've noticed during previous events neighbourhoods doesn't change during the event, would we with this event have the same neighbourhood for a month?

DeletedUser

I've noticed during previous events neighbourhoods doesn't change during the event, would we with this event have the same neighbourhood for a month?
Probably not, because there is no "neighborhood element" to this event. The soccer game itself is independent of anyone else, and the league aspect of it involves your entire world. So no reason not to shuffle the hoods on their regular schedule. :)

DeletedUser35475

In an earlier post, I complained that the beautiful special event buildings were placed only in the most expensive package, with very little chance of getting any of them. Well, I find I have to eat my words, and I am very happy about it!

One of the Special Event buildings the Ornate Bath, has appeared as the daily prize in then event. As the daily prize, there is a very good chance of winning it. Ironically, with the Ornate Bath as the daily prize, it is now offered twice in the most expensive package, doubling the chance of getting it! I don't know if this was something that was planned from the beginning of the event, or if the designers responded to complaints from players, but either way I am very happy about it. Many thanks, Inno!

The Ornate Bath is very beautiful, and designed so that it fits in perfectly with special buildings from the earlier Football event. I really loved how these buildings were designed with an "ancient Rome" look to them! They are elegant, very detailed, and beautiful, and none are overtly "sports" themed, which is a great benefit.

I like the Bath but I don't know how many I will use. If I end up with more than 2 or 3 I have a feeling they will just sit in my inventory.

RazorbackPirate

It's not that it's offered twice in the package, meaning Inno didn't change the package. The package remains unchanged with a 15% chance to win the daily special and a 10% chance to win the Ornate Baths. Since it's also the Daily Special, selecting Aaron "special buildings" Baker gives you an extra chance to win, or cumulatively a 25% chance of winning the Baths while they are also the daily special.

We'll see similar increased odds as the Contestant's Estate and Athletes Living Quarters cycle through the daily special. Selecting Aaron "special buildings" Baker on the same day an events building is also the daily special will give you, what's likely to be, the highest % chance of winning one during the event.

DeletedUser25795

Wiki says you need to be in the top 1% to be in the gold league. Why then are there more players in my gold league than in bronze and silver added together. Most players on my world are either in gold or amateur and zero players in the bottom league.

DeletedUser32973

I don't want to derail the thread, but I really don't get this attitude unless you're in OF and have all the medal expansions and thus medals are essentially meaningless. For the rest of us they plug little gaps here and there that nothing else can fill except decos that give only happiness, which I need much less than I do medals. I might remove then when and if I no longer need medals, but that day is not today.

It's because of how common super leveled GB's are. When you can get thousands of medals from contribution rewards it makes the weekly income from the towers meaningless. If you have so many gaps that you don't have enough watchtowers to fill them then you might want to do some city reorganization (unless you consider Watch Towers to be less valuable than Victory towers). They're simply not a good prize, and INNO acknowledges this by having them as the common reward in those chests that people are complaining about.

DeletedUser

Wiki says you need to be in the top 1% to be in the gold league. Why then are there more players in my gold league than in bronze and silver added together. Most players on my world are either in gold or amateur and zero players in the bottom league.
The Wiki (which is a fan site, not an official Inno site) might be wrong. I just checked the league board on Yorkton, and along the bottom it lists the range of number of goals scored to be grouped in each league. So unless they adjust it along the way, the % thing is wrong. Now, maybe right now the % is off because they haven't adjusted it yet based on actual progress of players. It's impossible to tell which scenario is correct right now.

DeletedUser25795

Thanks for the reply, just wish i knew the correct formula needed to stay in gold. Would be a shame to be knocked out of gold in last few hours due to not knowing what method is used or if there is a time delay in updating leagues. % based seams to be totally off in my world. Goals scored is 0,1,2,3,4-93 for my leagues atm. Soon everyone will be in gold if its stays like this. Guess we need to wait and see how it goes over a few more days.

Agent327

The Wiki (which is a fan site, not an official Inno site) might be wrong. I just checked the league board on Yorkton, and along the bottom it lists the range of number of goals scored to be grouped in each league. So unless they adjust it along the way, the % thing is wrong. Now, maybe right now the % is off because they haven't adjusted it yet based on actual progress of players. It's impossible to tell which scenario is correct right now.

Wiki isn't wrong. Use mouse-over on gold cup on the league table and you will see it says the same.

DeletedUser

Wiki isn't wrong. Use mouse-over on gold cup on the league table and you will see it says the same.
It does say that, but the numbers don't back it up. Of course, it says "participating" players, so that gives them some wiggle room. However, it says that only the top 1% will be in gold, and top 5% to reach silver. That means that at the end of the event, the silver league players should outnumber the gold league players 4-1. That's why I said that they may adjust the numbers at the bottom to reflect the % at the top at some point. We won't actually know until the event is over...and since the information will disappear as soon as the event is over, we may never know for sure if those % are actually accurate at the finish.

DeletedUser26965

It does say that, but the numbers don't back it up. Of course, it says "participating" players, so that gives them some wiggle room. However, it says that only the top 1% will be in gold, and top 5% to reach silver. That means that at the end of the event, the silver league players should outnumber the gold league players 4-1. That's why I said that they may adjust the numbers at the bottom to reflect the % at the top at some point. We won't actually know until the event is over...and since the information will disappear as soon as the event is over, we may never know for sure if those % are actually accurate at the finish.
Beta has 7 days left, the data as of now is;
G 94 (15-262)
S 593 (7-14)
B 2583 (5-6)
A 1224 (3-4)
H N/A (0-2)

Interesting thing is for the first week or so on Beta the amount of Hobby league players was show but then they got rid of it.

DeletedUser29726

I suspect it has to do with inability to divide the groups up finely.

i.e. say the choice is to cover 0.5% or 2% of players in gold depending whether you cut it off at 6 goals or 7 goals. You make the cut off at 6, and it cuts into silver. If enough of those 6s make it to 7 to cover a full percentage, then the rest of the 6s will fall to silver. This tends to be particularly noticeable between amateur and bronze where there may be thousands of people bunched up at the same number of goals and they wind up a division higher until enough of them score 1 more to drop the rest.

Agent327

It does not say participating players. It says goals scored. Players that participate and do not score don't count.

Freshmeboy

So....did some rough math here and if you finish each task and login daily you should earn roughly 6920 energy drinks. By utilizing the best players, ie., those that travel the farthest per energy drink versus the prize they give, you should be able to complete 6.66 goals without diamond usage.....Hope that helps you all with the decision making process....

DeletedUser

It does not say participating players. It says goals scored. Players that participate and do not score don't count.
Yes, it does say 'participating' players. As you can see, in addition to having the number of goals scored at the bottom, when you mouse over the league it will specify what % of 'participating players' are or will be in that league.
Screenshot (5).png
Apology accepted.

DeletedUser35063

This may be a dumb question but....How do you win the daily prize? I've scored 4 upgrades with many goals but I've never won the daily.