• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ideas to replace Store Building in Jade Relic

DeletedUser35475

Again, Heel / Hammer. One use of a heel removed, but the heel has not lost value. If you want to continue arguing the loss of value, then please argue away.
There is no argument, it has lost a value. Whether that value was something you use is irrelevant.

DeletedUser35475

But at this point, I don't see how digging in your heels (see what I did there) on a tangential point almost everyone disagrees with gets you anywhere closer to whether or not the Store Building Kit should be replaced in the Jade relic. I believe that is the original intent of the thread, and so far the one topic that's received very little discussion.

You mean the 3 people who don't agree with it are everyone? There are over 35,000 registered member according to the front page but 3 are all that count?

I have been on this forum for about a month and I can pretty much tell how a number of people will respond to any sort of post or discussion, of which there is very little of here. There is a lot of No and it's the wrong format and it's on the list here. That is probably why so few people bother to come here. I came hoping to find a well developed community who discussed the game, like other game forums I belong to. I can understand why there are usually more bots then members here.

wolfhoundtoo

Like your posts are a 'discussion'? Your whole premise revolves around a statement you made "that a store building has lost value because of the reconstruction mode". You have not proven your point nor even discussed it because your mind is made up. You got my 'discussion' post because that's how much thought you put in the 1st post. A post meant to generate discussion would of been a question on the impact of the reconstruction mode on store buildings or for what purposes do players utilize store buildings. You just assumed what you did is what everyone else does.

What you are actually trying to do is drum up support for what you want...…….which is fine. Obviously the posters who have bothered to respond disagree with your basic premise.

The ability to store a building for restructuring your city was not nor should it of been the primary use for a store building. It was designed for you to store buildings that you would want later. And with most city reconstructions after you remove roads, get rid of a few buildings it should be relatively cheap for you to replace (such as a goods building or a military barracks) to free up some space to allow you the space to restructure.

Also your premise is flawed because in fact per the feed back thread on beta, reconstruction mode doesn't allow you to delete any building in your city while in reconstruction mode. So you'll still need to store buildings.

DeletedUser31592

Is it my favorite prize to get? No. But they do have value.

I also never delete ANYTHING (other than regular buildings I can build and replace at any time). Now that Inno is making things upgradable, I'm so glad I kept things around.

Graviton

There is no argument, it has lost a value. Whether that value was something you use is irrelevant.

That's not how 'value' works. As I tried to point out previously, the value of it is different for each player. To you it has lost value. To others who use it differently it has not. The value each individual puts on it is indeed relevant, as that's the only measure of value: what it's worth to each individual player. As it stands, it's worth more to me than it is to you.

DeletedUser26965

I can't imagine using store building in the same fashion as reconstruction mode, the latter is extremely short term the former is generally long term. I don't know what the purpose was of store building, could it have been that when someone was rearranging their city they thought they would like an item to move buildings to their storage in order to rearrange? I guess, seems odd they would only be applicable to event buildings then. It seems to me the purpose of store building is for long term, like say you don't want Traz producing Champs, instead of destroying your champ building you store until some later time which is something reconstruction mode can't do so I can't see how reconstruction mode effects store building in terms of value.

Agent327

Why do you think you know how I should build or rearrange my city? Maybe I just want to experiment and don't want to delete a large building. Just because you use them one way doesn't mean everyone does.

And yet you feel you can decide for others that Store Building has become less valuable so it can be replaced.

Did you actually try the reconstruction mode?

DeletedUser35475

And yet you feel you can decide for others that Store Building has become less valuable so it can be replaced.

Did you actually try the reconstruction mode?

I haven't decided it has become less valuable. Inno gave everyone something that does one of the things it was used for so it has become less valuable.

Yes I tried it and I love it. Maybe you will never use it because it makes the game easier for you, I think that was your main objection to it in the other thread or was it easier for others. I forget.

I fool around with my layout a lot. Now I don't need a store building to do it and since I don't plan on saving a Colonial Shrine for use in the Post Modern Age I can probably delete the store buildings from my inventory. If I could give them to the hoarders I would but alas there is no gifting allowed, it was either on the list, not in the right format or the No boys shouted the idea down. Probably all 3..

DeletedUser35475

That's not how 'value' works. As I tried to point out previously, the value of it is different for each player. To you it has lost value. To others who use it differently it has not. The value each individual puts on it is indeed relevant, as that's the only measure of value: what it's worth to each individual player. As it stands, it's worth more to me than it is to you.

True.
Visiting the tavern has many values. Some may only visit for the chance to get something for themselves, some may build only the table cloth to give guests a chance at a reward and not worry so much about giving themselves a chance to get silver when they visit. Some may only worry about chairs to increase how much they can collect. If any one of those we also offered by another item then the tavern would lose some value as an item.

DeletedUser35475

I can't imagine using store building in the same fashion as reconstruction mode, the latter is extremely short term the former is generally long term. I don't know what the purpose was of store building, could it have been that when someone was rearranging their city they thought they would like an item to move buildings to their storage in order to rearrange? I guess, seems odd they would only be applicable to event buildings then. It seems to me the purpose of store building is for long term, like say you don't want Traz producing Champs, instead of destroying your champ building you store until some later time which is something reconstruction mode can't do so I can't see how reconstruction mode effects store building in terms of value.

See I would never use it the way you describe it. To me a special event building is either good enough to use forever or not. When I first started I thought the special buildings were just that, special. When I received my first Rogue Hideout I thought it was great. When I received my 5th it was like ok I'll never use them all.
To me space is the most important thing in the game. It is limited and so I use it up but then I cannot try different arrangements because there was no where to temporarily move a building to try different layout. When I need two lane roads I will play with it even more. The store building was the best way for me to do it. now reconstruction is the best.

DeletedUser35475

Is it my favorite prize to get? No. But they do have value.

I never said they don't still have value. Some people probably look at them as gold. My idea was are they really so special now that they should be one of the 6 possible rewards for a jade relic? Getting a jade relic is rare so I think the rewards should be too. With the daily challenges and long events offering store builds as rewards they have lost a little of that rarity. The same could be said of the 1 up's and renno kits becoming much more common. If you have double digits of something in your inventory it doesn't seem rare to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35475

How appropriate. Today I received a Special Offer to buy a Store Building item for 250 diamonds. :)

Freshmeboy

This is the same argument about aid kits....value is low for those who (at the moment) have plenty of aid and few buildings that actually need it. Then comes the 'dry spell'...holidays, player attrition and those that deem aiding a waste of time, and suddenly those worthless aid kits become a valuable keystone to keeping your city running at maximum efficiency.....That being said, with the addition of DCs and the two store buildings that are fairly easy to get in the shrine chest, Stinkfoot raises an argument that SB commonality might indeed be a good reason to remove it from the jade relic. Perhaps a rewrite of this proposal in that tone might garner more support.....

DeletedUser26965

See I would never use it the way you describe it. To me a special event building is either good enough to use forever or not. When I first started I thought the special buildings were just that, special. When I received my first Rogue Hideout I thought it was great. When I received my 5th it was like ok I'll never use them all.
To me space is the most important thing in the game. It is limited and so I use it up but then I cannot try different arrangements because there was no where to temporarily move a building to try different layout. When I need two lane roads I will play with it even more. The store building was the best way for me to do it. now reconstruction is the best.
Well, I suppose it all makes for some interesting thoughts on it all. I really don't think the intent behind them was for people to rearrange their city easier but rather if you had an event building for whatever reason you wanted to store for a while you could now without fear of losing it forever. I guess if one never finds a use for them they would be useless but I've used them from time to time but never for rearranging my city which I can pretty much guarantee I do more than probably most players in this game and reconstruction mode won't really help me either with the way I play.

Freshmeboy

SJS is correct...store buildings were put into play when events started to increase and players were complaining about lack of space for new buildings and reluctance to part with older hard won prizes from the past...Whether INNO planned this from the start when they began releasing monthly events or not, it was well received and very timely....Use of store buildings, as from previous posts, is varied and strategic, so it hasn't lost any 'value'...just seems a bit easier to get these days.

DeletedUser35475

To me getting a jade relic should be like christmas, special. I have a pretty average Temple, level 8. If I did the math right I have about a 0.11% chance of getting a specific jade relice reward after any given encounter. In my guild we typically do 2 levels a week, occasionally 3 if someone ponies up the higher level goods. So on average I should get ~1.8 of each jade relic per year assuming real life doesn't cause me to miss any expeditions. So it really should be special.

As far as making some sort of proposal I do not know what would replace it. I would assume that would be part of any formal proposal. It seems that what was once really rare, store buildings, 1 up and renno kits, are not so rare any more. I was trying to come up with ideas they could use or modify to make a new rare item. I had a few general thoughts but I don't know how hard they would be to do. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Agent327

I haven't decided it has become less valuable. Inno gave everyone something that does one of the things it was used for so it has become less valuable.

Yes you do. It has no value to you, so you want to replace it with things that have no value for me.

I fool around with my layout a lot. Now I don't need a store building to do it and since I don't plan on saving a Colonial Shrine for use in the Post Modern Age I can probably delete the store buildings from my inventory. If I could give them to the hoarders I would but alas there is no gifting allowed, it was either on the list, not in the right format or the No boys shouted the idea down. Probably all 3.

Good for you. That you want to play Sim City with your city is your choice. Use that reconstruction mode all you want so you can look at different pictures of your city. Fact is that when you use reconstruction mode you can not leave out anything that is in your city, so it does not alter the value of the storage kit.

DeletedUser35475

Well, I suppose it all makes for some interesting thoughts on it all. I really don't think the intent behind them was for people to rearrange their city easier but rather if you had an event building for whatever reason you wanted to store for a while you could now without fear of losing it forever. I guess if one never finds a use for them they would be useless but I've used them from time to time but never for rearranging my city which I can pretty much guarantee I do more than probably most players in this game and reconstruction mode won't really help me either with the way I play.

I honestly never considered using them for anything other than making space because it didn't make much sense to me to save an old age building when it appeared getting a newer age one was not that unlikely. And they still would have their uses for storing building for future use and be available just not as the long shot reward.

DeletedUser35475

Good for you. That you want to play Sim City with your city is your choice. Use that reconstruction mode all you want so you can look at different pictures of your city. Fact is that when you use reconstruction mode you can not leave out anything that is in your city, so it does not alter the value of the storage kit.

You are really good at telling people how they play the game wrong or how they don't know what they are talking aobut or saying No or it's on the list. You are really bad at contributing anything of value though.