• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ideas to replace Store Building in Jade Relic

DeletedUser26965

I honestly never considered using them for anything other than making space because it didn't make much sense to me to save an old age building when it appeared getting a newer age one was not that unlikely. And they still would have their uses for storing building for future use and be available just not as the long shot reward.
Well, I guess it can often be a ya never know type thing, like I stored some Tribal Squares and never really thought I'd use them but I also didn't want to destroy them, then many months later they had some value for the goods because the Age they were in, I guess it all just depends on the situation that arises as the game changes and you change your game as well as time goes on. It's like I mentioned with Champ retreats which I stored as well because no use for them in OF but I have them so no need to destroy them when I can upgrade them in some later age or whatever if I want.

DeletedUser31592

To be honest, I will take a 100 FP gold relic or the 200 goods gold relic over any of the jade relics. So if you really want to debate the quality of the prizes in the jade relics, there are more issues than just the store building.

Everyone's preference will change, but if I get a jade relic, I want a reno kit, one-up kit, or SSW. I really don't want the rest. I definitely prefer the store item to the FoY. Terrace Farm.... eh.... they are so big. I'm pretty much maxed in all of my cities.

DeletedUser35475

Well, I guess it can often be a ya never know type thing, like I stored some Tribal Squares and never really thought I'd use them but I also didn't want to destroy them, then many months later they had some value for the goods because the Age they were in, I guess it all just depends on the situation that arises as the game changes and you change your game as well as time goes on. It's like I mentioned with Champ retreats which I stored as well because no use for them in OF but I have them so no need to destroy them when I can upgrade them in some later age or whatever if I want.

Yes in a game like there where there is no real right way to play and there are thousands of users there are always ways to use things that you haven't thought of. Perhaps one time I will actually use the store building the 'right' way! :)

DeletedUser35475

To be honest, I will take a 100 FP gold relic or the 200 goods gold relic over any of the jade relics. So if you really want to debate the quality of the prizes in the jade relics, there are more issues than just the store building.

Yes I have thought that too about the 100 fp. They are pretty nice to get. I think I like the sky watch better but I have 3 of them and they are not awe inspiring as when I just had 1. I'm probably never selling them though.

It is not necessarily the quality of the reward though it should be decent enough, heck a unique boost could be good. It is more about the rarity and specialness of it. They don't come along very often. If you can get double digit copies of an item in less than a year then it really isn't that special IMO.

My very first jade relic was a terrace farm. I have it but have thought about trashing it for the same reason you give, size. I would imagine someone else might think that was sacrilegious.

DeletedUser26965

Yes in a game like there where there is no real right way to play and there are thousands of users there are always ways to use things that you haven't thought of. Perhaps one time I will actually use the store building the 'right' way! :)
I wouldn't necessarily say "right way", rather "as intended" or something to that effect. It seems very wasteful to me to use it merely for rearranging a city, I've never had an amount where I felt I could just blow through them like that but generally when I rearrange my city it's typically when I also upgrade buildings from advancing in age so I destroy stuff which makes room to move things around so I wouldn't see the need to use store building in that case. On my main where I'm destroying like 75% of my city every week I have tons of room so no need to use it there to rearrange.

DeletedUser35475

T

Everyone's preference will change, but if I get a jade relic, I want a reno kit, one-up kit, or SSW. I really don't want the rest. I definitely prefer the store item to the FoY. Terrace Farm.... eh.... they are so big. I'm pretty much maxed in all of my cities.

You are right about some of the other rewards for the jade. Imagine the uproar if I had suggested replacing all of them! No would not have been able to be typed fast enough. :D

I have 18 reno kits in my inventory, many coming from the soccer event. Same with the 1 up, I have 8 and 9. I am not saying everyone has that many but they do seem to be popping up as rewards in more and more things. While I do like them and will probably use them all they seem pretty common now.

DeletedUser35475

I wouldn't necessarily say "right way", rather "as intended" or something to that effect. It seems very wasteful to me to use it merely for rearranging a city, I've never had an amount where I felt I could just blow through them like that but generally when I rearrange my city it's typically when I also upgrade buildings from advancing in age so I destroy stuff which makes room to move things around so I wouldn't see the need to use store building in that case. On my main where I'm destroying like 75% of my city every week I have tons of room so no need to use it there to rearrange.

I have been playing strategy games for a very long time and I have found that as long as there are different individuals playing they will find different ways of using what is in a game in an other than 'intended' way. To me it is actually part of the fun. In games like these where there is no right way to play and you can't win, why not experiment! :)

DeletedUser31592

How long have you been playing FoE? We probably should have asked this much earlier.

DeletedUser26965

I have been playing strategy games for a very long time and I have found that as long as there are different individuals playing they will find different ways of using what is in a game in an other than 'intended' way. To me it is actually part of the fun. In games like these where there is no right way to play and you can't win, why not experiment! :)
Well, sure but that's not really the point, I mean from a devs point of view I don't think they would be interested in changing anything that is being used not as intended, unless of course it's an "exploit" in some way, which is not the case here. But like I said I don't really know what their intention was with it, they rarely tell us these things, but I think it's pretty clear since it's only useable on special buildings it's intended to use it simply for saving those rather than destroying them which while can be related to city rearrangement really has nothing to do with it.

DeletedUser31592

Less than a year.

You will probably begin to regret the removal of some buildings. Upgradable buildings have become a recent thing, but some event buildings have had annual upgrades for years- the graveyard and confectionery being two of the oldest. With these, if you deleted the old one, you have to start all over.
You never know when Inno is going to make a random building upgradable into something really worthwhile. The Cider Mill was just a standard supply building in 2016. They brought it back in 2017 with all the levels, making it really good for FPs per square.

DeletedUser35475

Well, sure but that's not really the point, I mean from a devs point of view I don't think they would be interested in changing anything that is being used not as intended, unless of course it's an "exploit" in some way, which is not the case here. But like I said I don't really know what their intention was with it, they rarely tell us these things, but I think it's pretty clear since it's only useable on special buildings it's intended to use it simply for saving those rather than destroying them which while can be related to city rearrangement really has nothing to do with it.

I don't dispute that but if it can be used in other ways that isn't unfair or an exploit they don't really need to change anything or even add anything. It just is usable in a way they didn't anticipate. Personally I think the more ways an item can be used the better.

DeletedUser35475

You will probably begin to regret the removal of some buildings. Upgradable buildings have become a recent thing, but some event buildings have had annual upgrades for years- the graveyard and confectionery being two of the oldest. With these, if you deleted the old one, you have to start all over.
You never know when Inno is going to make a random building upgradable into something really worthwhile. The Cider Mill was just a standard supply building in 2016. They brought it back in 2017 with all the levels, making it really good for FPs per square.

I may regret deleting a building but that is ok. I had a graveyard, got it last Halloween about the time I started playing. I couldn't upgrade it all the way but I looked at what it could possibly end with and decided it probably would not be a good fit in my city so I deleted it after a few months. I'm sure many others have it and will use it forever. But if you ended up with 2 or 3 or 4 graveyards, wouldn't they seem a little less special? I have an extra Pillar of Heros base building. Even if they bring it back I don't think I would want to use it. It's like an everlasting gobstopper, I have one and one is all I need. :)

Agent327

I don't want it replaced in the game. Only replaced as a jade relic reward.

And replace it with stuff I don't need. Why should I be in favor of that just to suit you?

You are really good at telling people how they play the game wrong or how they don't know what they are talking aobut or saying No or it's on the list. You are really bad at contributing anything of value though.

And you are not? You don't need a storage kit, so in the jade relic it needs to be replaced by things other players do not need. Now who is telling others how they should play? Is that contributing anything of value, or just praying for your own parish?

Agent327

My very first jade relic was a terrace farm. I have it but have thought about trashing it for the same reason you give, size. I would imagine someone else might think that was sacrilegious.

Very bad decission. There comes a time you want to place several of those and one from the early ages needs less inhabitants and still give 5 fp's.

You are a starting player. You fail to see the big picture.

DeletedUser35475

Very bad decission. There comes a time you want to place several of those and one from the early ages needs less inhabitants and still give 5 fp's.

You are a starting player. You fail to see the big picture.

why of course i fail to see the big picture like you, we are in two completely different museums.

DeletedUser35475

And replace it with stuff I don't need. Why should I be in favor of that just to suit you?

As far as I can tell the only thing you seem to need is to disagree with anything someone else suggests. You are a lot like my 10 year old granddaughter in that regard. At least she has an excuse for being that way.

Agent327

As far as I can tell the only thing you seem to need is to disagree with anything someone else suggests. You are a lot like my 10 year old granddaughter in that regard. At least she has an excuse for being that way.

From that remark, so seem you. You are oooold.

I disagree with anything that someone suggests to make his personal playing experience better. I agree with players that see the big picture and want to improve the game so all will benefit.

Problem is that starting players do not see that big picture, so I disagree a lot. Now is that because of me, of because of starting players that are totally hyper about the game and see about a 1000 ways to improve it?