• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game is getting to hard to play and a waste of time???????

DeletedUser35983

So what have I been doing wrong for the past 6-8 months playing GE? I have 0 Terraced farms and 0 ritual flames...

DeletedUser35712

On this city - Lighthouse, St Marks, and Fraukirche of Dresden all give unrefined goods. Have around 40 friends on this server, but a number don't collect their taverns regularly. Guild has 33 members of all player sizes and eras.

As for FP, town center gives 5 FP, CDM gives 7, Cape gives 12, and 2 SoK.

Some GE, but do not have ToR.
Only 40 friends? And some of them aren't active enough? Time for a rehaul of your friends list my bud.
So what have I been doing wrong for the past 6-8 months playing GE? I have 0 Terraced farms and 0 ritual flames...

GitATempleOfRelicsLOL.jpg

DeletedUser34800

Get a Temple of Relics as said. That actually gives nice prizes. 3rd GE I played after building it, I got 100 FPs as a prize. So it paid for itself and has just given me profit since (keep it at level 1 if you want, doesn't really matter).

Also, Terrace Farms are a higher level of GE prize, like level 3 and 4. So if you're just completing level 1 or 2 every week, you won't see one.

DeletedUser35475

If you do GE you can get enough troops to fight a little bit. You can't lose to many troops per week but if you can build them up you can get rid of some troop buildings and build more goods buildings. They can't all get plundered every day! You can get Tribal Square on level 2 if you are lucky and have a better chance on 3 and 4. I think you need to go to level 4 to have a shot at a Terrace Farm without the Temple.

wolfhoundtoo

A chateau might be a good idea as well. It will take a bit to get it up and running but if you do repeatable quests then you can get current era goods to help bring in some goods.

As someone else suggested you probably need to refresh your friend list. And if you are doing GE anyway then you really should have a Temple of Relics as pointed out earlier in the thread.

If you can get a decent amount of silver built up then the city shield used properly can help you with the plundering issue (if used correctly). You probably won't be able to afford it every day but shielding your city for a few days will let you collect some goods while you rework the city.

Also one way you might be able to improve your friend list and your unrefined goods shortage would be try and find some friends of the age you need goods for and trade down as well. Also if they want BPs they might be more reliable on aiding you as well.

DeletedUser30900

People who thinks game is too hard never understand the power of RQ. They just complained and quit. That’s why I would rather tell everyone how to build a HQ city before showing them other routes. Since these ways might be too good for them

DeletedUser31592

The majority of my goods come from my Chateau. Mostly the spend FP quest. On average, I spend 2,000-10,000 FPs per day. I only have to spend 81 to fulfill a Ry'leah quest, plus the Unbirthday Quest circling back around to the Ry'leah. So I get a lot of goods that way (and I don't even break things into chunks- I usually view it as one collection per GB donation. I'm not cycling those quests when I'm putting 2200 FPs on someone's Kraken. No thanks.) My city produces over 250 FPs per day, plus taverns, GE and DCs.

Are you in Arctic Future? You mentioned something about AF. And you've been playing 6-8 months? Sllooowww down. There isn't a prize at the end. The end is waiting for months (years!) for Inno to release a new era. Doesn't sound like fun to me. I've made the mistake of aging up too quickly. Now, in my main city, I've been spending a really long time in the last couple of eras. I've been playing almost three and a half years and I'm only in Contemporary. I don't necessarily recommend moving that slowly to everyone, but like I said- I have no desire to wait at the end. I spent a year in Postmodern, after nearly skipping Modern and being way short on goods.

To get Terrace Farms, Tribal Squares, and other GE buildings, you need to be completing all 4 levels of GE. You can get one in level 3, but the odds are low. You can also get them from relics if you have a TOR.

Graviton

I've never played into GE level 3 and I don't RQ, although I will cycle through the Recurring Quests at least once a day. I haven't planted a goods building since ME, I think (I just entered AF). I really haven't had a problem getting refined goods, I have quite a few special buildings. I think part of the problem here is patience, as others have alluded to. Ten goods buildings? That sounds more burden than boon considering the sheer space and pop required.

DeletedUser35983

the 6-8 months was referring to playing GE. I have been playing the game for at least 3-4 years (possibly longer as it put me in Brisgard when I joined).

And yes, the 10 goods buildings are a burden (takes so much space and population), but I have not been successful in getting the refined goods I needed, so had just figured it was a part of the game.

I have gotten through 2 level of GE some weeks, but not into 3 or 4. So that sounds like it would be the ticket for getting the buildings I have never found a way to get. Only seen them in others cities and wondered how they got them.

DeletedUser35712

the 6-8 months was referring to playing GE. I have been playing the game for at least 3-4 years (possibly longer as it put me in Brisgard when I joined).

And yes, the 10 goods buildings are a burden (takes so much space and population), but I have not been successful in getting the refined goods I needed, so had just figured it was a part of the game.

I have gotten through 2 level of GE some weeks, but not into 3 or 4. So that sounds like it would be the ticket for getting the buildings I have never found a way to get. Only seen them in others cities and wondered how they got them.

Yes, do 3 and 4 every week, and get a temple of Relics up as soon as possible.

If you want to do recurring quests to get goods., then redesign your city and build a Chateau.

Salsuero

I have been playing the game for at least 3-4 years

Based on your comments thus far... this truly baffles me. I know this is common too, which baffles me even more.

By the way, if you hover over this achievement in your profile:
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.18.58 AM.png
...it should tell you exactly how long you've been playing for. However, I'm not exactly sure if, like the other achievements, reaching a certain point stops telling you anything useful other than "you've reached the highest level of this achievement!" -- I guess you'll have to let us all know what yours tells you. ;)

DeletedUser35983

Yes, I will admit to not reading the forums regularly and not asking questions out here. However, unless you have unlimited time to dedicate to the forums or search wiki's, I bet I am in the majority. I believe it is the minority that read the forums regularly (though I can see the value in it over the past few days). I have learned more on here than in guild or in game over the past 6 months.

When I hover over that achievement, it says "You have reached the highest level of achievement".

DeletedUser35712

Yes, I will admit to not reading the forums regularly and not asking questions out here. However, unless you have unlimited time to dedicate to the forums or search wiki's, I bet I am in the majority. I believe it is the minority that read the forums regularly (though I can see the value in it over the past few days). I have learned more on here than in guild or in game over the past 6 months.

When I hover over that achievement, it says "You have reached the highest level of achievement".

According to the unofficial fan wiki: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

You have played for at least 1,460 days, so over 4 years in order to get the highest level of that achievement.

I guess one of the weird things I do before starting a game is reading (or researching) the forums for at least 2 weeks, so I at least I don't join the game with the wrong strategy.

I'm glad you're enjoying the forums here and learning as much as you can. Keep it up, and hope your city gets better.

DeletedUser35712

So we spent 4 pages to analysis why a 4-year player that cant event finish GE lv3 has a difficult time in this game? this forum is getting better and better:)
Nah, the forum has reached its peak with the Alabaster thread.

Salsuero

However, unless you have unlimited time to dedicate to the forums

I most certainly do not have unlimited time! I do, however have more free time in limited spurts than others might have, so I can understand that factor in forum avoidance.

You have played for at least 1,460 days, so over 4 years in order to get the highest level of that achievement.

Well, that answers those questions, if not as precisely as one would have hoped.

Salsuero

So we spent 4 pages to analysis why a 4-year player that cant event finish GE lv3 has a difficult time in this game? this forum is getting better and better:)

That might be your analysis. I'm sure others have their own. I know I do and it doesn't match yours. Some of us might think we spent 4 pages in conversation and at least one player says he's learned a lot. Perhaps you might prefer this link at the top right of the page (in fact, you can click on it here for the same result):

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 2.51.08 PM.png

DeletedUser35983

That comes across rather rude to me. GE was not even part of the game the first couple years I played the game.

It is not a matter of can't. No one has ever explained any of this to me. And INNO doesn't do crap for a manual. You have to have a guild that has figured it out or go research it on wiki or fan pages or forums. It is a matter of not understanding the importance/value in GE. I have the army and attack boosts to do so. I may or may not be willing to spend the time to do so across three servers. I thought the only goal was to get Guild points for guild ranking, so each week I try to do the first level or two to help our guild ranking.

I would like to thank all the players in the thread that have explained a number of things that I was unaware. Thanks to those who are being helpful.