• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game is getting to hard to play and a waste of time???????

DeletedUser35475

They need to sleep so all you need to do is figure out where they are and adjust. And if you still get plundered then accept it, they can't plunder everything every day.

DeletedUser35712

Have varied my collection time so it was a different time of day (more than once), but the same jerks would still plunder me. Like they were cehcking every 30 minutes for more goods. Usually the same people that are 10x my size and have not a single goods building in their city. And the same ones that laugh at your and call you names if you ask them to stop.

Log in just before the goods are done. I would set up a daily routine where I will aid everybody in my friends list and guild list first, and then set up/collect 24 hr goods from your goods buildings. That way, you want to log in the next time at the same time you started aiding, and as you aid, you'll see your goods pop up and you collect them within seconds of completion. 30 minutes is way too long to leave it uncollected

DeletedUser35983

Real life cannot always revolve around FoE.

And I tried 3 different collection times, but the same one or two players still managed to still be online to plunder. and with 24 hour cycle, it gets a few minutes later each day. so it is hard to keep it all on schedule.

DeletedUser35475

Real life cannot always revolve around FoE.

And I tried 3 different collection times, but the same one or two players still managed to still be online to plunder. and with 24 hour cycle, it gets a few minutes later each day. so it is hard to keep it all on schedule.

Throw in a 2 day collection occasionally. Variety is the one thing that is hard to anticipate.

DeletedUser31592

Have varied my collection time so it was a different time of day (more than once), but the same jerks would still plunder me. Like they were cehcking every 30 minutes for more goods. Usually the same people that are 10x my size and have not a single goods building in their city. And the same ones that laugh at your and call you names if you ask them to stop.

Sounds like you've progressed through the ages too quickly. What number are you ranked in your neighborhood? My rule of thumb is to never age up unless you are in the top-10. The further down the list you are, the more you are going to get attacked. I'm rarely attacked, but I focus on building GBs instead of rushing the tech tree. I play in 7 cities, I'm currently ranked: 1, 1, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1. Just by being ranked highly, the number of attacks go down. It still happens- I was plundered in Zorskog before I even woke up this morning and I'm ranked 1st there- but it is far less frequent that if I was ranked 60th.

wolfhoundtoo

You should post your City design. The feed back might help you.

Do you have many GBs that give unrefined goods? That would help with the issue of needing lower aged goods to make current aged goods. Do you have many friend and what is the size of the guild that you are in? If you can collect tavern silver you can throw up a city shield for 3 days (even if you can only do that once a week that should give you at least 2 days free and clear of anyone being able to plunder you (if you do a 2 day production the day before you start the shield you might do better (although you'd need to make sure that you didn't cut it too close and let someone attack you within 24 hours of collection (before the shield was up) as they can still plunder in that case.

How many forge points do you produce and with the summer event upcoming you should probably be trying for any event buildings that would let you make goods that can't be plundered.

Do you do GE? Do you have a temple of relics?

Lots of questions and fixing things won't be quick but there are options. Racing to the end isn't the smartest way to play the game especially given the structure of the latest ages.

DeletedUser31592

Mark- easiest fix- you have dead space that could be utelized. You also have an excessive amount of two lane roads. Arrange your buildings that need two lane roads in one section and then use one lane roads for everything else. I'm at work at the moment, so I can't log into my city and mobile can't zoom far enough out, so I'm using the city planner version. If you notice, I only have a handful of two lane roads all the way to the upper far right. Only 6 buildings in my city need them.

city.JPG

DeletedUser34800

Bunch of stalkers around here....creepy..... Hahahaha.

Anyways, this is all definitely good advice that should help out. I have friends and guild mates in high ages (even the new VF .Wish I was there, it looks really cool IMO) that very rarely get plundered.

I liked the city shield plus 2 day production timer idea. That will absolutely throw off the plunderers and allow you to not only collect peacefully for a few days, but also completely change up your collection times. Going back to 2 day timer, then city shield, rinse and repeat will definitely help you out.

Now to go change my name somewhere to avoid the stalkers.....hahahahaha

DeletedUser35983

Well, that city is outdated and needs a total overhaul. I may get plundered about 1 or maybe 2x per week, so I have not taken the time to redesign it yet. It is actually a different server that is causing me all the grief. Perhaps the city there has some of the same issues.

To your points - every goods building from Progressive and above takes two lane roads. How do you get enough goods without any goods buildings? And you have a ton of buildings that don't even show in my building menu. Are they all special events? or where do they come from? Terraced farms, ritual flames, and others. My city has roughly 35 buildings (10 goods, 15 houses, 6 army, and ~4 others) that require 2 lane roads (hence so much roads). Tips?

I have not been in the top 10 in my neighborhood in months. So obviously, I do not understand how the heck INNO puts people into a hood. You will have a player at 40 million and others at less than 1 million in the same hood. I don't pretend to understand how that is equitable or fair to anyone in the hood. I am currently about 40 percentile, which is surely a factor. What goes into making the player strength score?

DeletedUser35712

Well, that city is outdated and needs a total overhaul. I may get plundered about 1 or maybe 2x per week, so I have not taken the time to redesign it yet. It is actually a different server that is causing me all the grief. Perhaps the city there has some of the same issues.

To your points - every goods building from Progressive and above takes two lane roads. How do you get enough goods without any goods buildings? And you have a ton of buildings that don't even show in my building menu. Are they all special events? or where do they come from? Terraced farms, ritual flames, and others. My city has roughly 35 buildings (10 goods, 15 houses, 6 army, and ~4 others) that require 2 lane roads (hence so much roads). Tips?

I have not been in the top 10 in my neighborhood in months. So obviously, I do not understand how the heck INNO puts people into a hood. You will have a player at 40 million and others at less than 1 million in the same hood. I don't pretend to understand how that is equitable or fair to anyone in the hood. I am currently about 40 percentile, which is surely a factor. What goes into making the player strength score?

Special Buildings and Great Buildings are how good players get their goods. You don't need boosts or two lane roads for those, and they don't take up a massive amount of space. Typically, you would want to build tribal squares or terrace farms from the guild expedition to get your goods.

DeletedUser35983

You should post your City design. The feed back might help you.

Do you have many GBs that give unrefined goods? That would help with the issue of needing lower aged goods to make current aged goods. Do you have many friend and what is the size of the guild that you are in? If you can collect tavern silver you can throw up a city shield for 3 days (even if you can only do that once a week that should give you at least 2 days free and clear of anyone being able to plunder you (if you do a 2 day production the day before you start the shield you might do better (although you'd need to make sure that you didn't cut it too close and let someone attack you within 24 hours of collection (before the shield was up) as they can still plunder in that case.

How many forge points do you produce and with the summer event upcoming you should probably be trying for any event buildings that would let you make goods that can't be plundered.

Do you do GE? Do you have a temple of relics?

Lots of questions and fixing things won't be quick but there are options. Racing to the end isn't the smartest way to play the game especially given the structure of the latest ages.

On this city - Lighthouse, St Marks, and Fraukirche of Dresden all give unrefined goods. Have around 40 friends on this server, but a number don't collect their taverns regularly. Guild has 33 members of all player sizes and eras.

As for FP, town center gives 5 FP, CDM gives 7, Cape gives 12, and 2 SoK.

Some GE, but do not have ToR.

DeletedUser35983

Special Buildings and Great Buildings are how good players get their goods. You don't need boosts or two lane roads for those, and they don't take up a massive amount of space. Typically, you would want to build tribal squares or terrace farms from the guild expedition to get your goods.

Neither Tribal Squares or Terrace Farms are in my building menu. How do you get either of those?

DeletedUser34800

Anyways, just wanted to quickly post that.

As for the goods, like they said, special buildings are where I get all my goods. Various eras because I haven't used a reno kit. Once I get to the modern Era, I will use renovation kits on all my special buildings that give goods. That will allow me to make 105 refined goods a day (Modern Era goods in ME, Contemporary Era goods in CE, Arctic Future goods in AF, etc). Tholos of Idols gives +15 a day (soccer event), Pillar of Heroes gives +5 a day (forge bowl), Grand Bridge gives +5 a day (Renaissance event), the cherry blossom set lvl 2 gives +10 a day (I have 2, so +20). The Menagerie from the recent, easily completed, Sacagawea event gives +10 a day.

This summer event coming up gives ships as the main prize building. This will give refined goods. Players who are f2p can EASILY get 1 ship, and it will give goods. How many depends on which ship.

Buildings like that really help pump out the goods.

High level GBs can give tons of unrefined goods, but you would still have to have a couple goods buildings to refine them to be useful.

Mainly, just special buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34800

@Salsuero What a butthole you are (that's right, take that 3rd grade insult!!!) for pointing out my typo!!!!

Hahahahaha
Anyways, I edited to fix it.

Salsuero

How do you get enough goods without any goods buildings?

Recurring quests using the Château Frontenac, Guild Expedition (rewards and relics), GBs (direct production and using the Dynamic Tower), special buildings, events, incidents, and trade.

Terraced farms, ritual flames

Those are both available en masse from the Guild Expedition.

So obviously, I do not understand how the heck INNO puts people into a hood.

It's based on the age of the players and pretty much a random distribution from what I can tell.

Neither Tribal Squares or Terrace Farms are in my building menu. How do you get either of those?

Guild Expedition gives them both

Yeah... what he said.