• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser11991

i must admit i am very dissapointed in winter event and game its self latley the prizes arent worth buying diamonds for and collecting up grades for buildings is silly and pieces of puzzles for shrines and wishing wells please ..this game has gone down hill in the past two years and is getting worse .. inno wont be getting any more of my money i promise you that

Jase249

i must admit i am very dissapointed in winter event and game its self latley the prizes arent worth buying diamonds for and collecting up grades for buildings is silly and pieces of puzzles for shrines and wishing wells please ..this game has gone down hill in the past two years and is getting worse .. inno wont be getting any more of my money i promise you that

I agree the fragments are just plain silly; I have more "complete" SoKs and Wishing Wells than I know what to do with so I don't need pieces of them. I would disagree with going downhill for 2 years though. The Summer Event in particular was terrific. I fixed up and flipped an old motorcycle to fund that. But there isn't anything worth it in this one.

The part I don't think Inno understands is that the bulk of their big spenders are likely "end-stage" players. At that point in the game, most only care about two things: increasing attack boost and increasing FP production. There is no avenue in this event to increase the former, and the only way to do the latter is the Main Prize building Winter Spire, which IMO is inferior to the Pirate Ship (it's basically a 4x4 Royal Ship) and even if it weren't, the fact that there is no good secondary prize to focus on while getting WS upgrades makes it even less appealing.

I mean really, Victory Tower upgrade kits? LOL. How about a Level 2 Shrine of Knowledge kit...

DeletedUser36572

I agree the fragments are just plain silly; I have more "complete" SoKs and Wishing Wells than I know what to do with so I don't need pieces of them. I would disagree with going downhill for 2 years though. The Summer Event in particular was terrific. I fixed up and flipped an old motorcycle to fund that. But there isn't anything worth it in this one.

The part I don't think Inno understands is that the bulk of their big spenders are likely "end-stage" players. At that point in the game, most only care about two things: increasing attack boost and increasing FP production. There is no avenue in this event to increase the former, and the only way to do the latter is the Main Prize building Winter Spire, which IMO is inferior to the Pirate Ship (it's basically a 4x4 Royal Ship) and even if it weren't, the fact that there is no good secondary prize to focus on while getting WS upgrades makes it even less appealing.

I mean really, Victory Tower upgrade kits? LOL. How about a Level 2 Shrine of Knowledge kit...

Would like a 2 year old re-gifted holiday fruitcake instead?
It's only been used as a doorstop for the laundry room.

Jase249

Would like a 2 year old re-gifted holiday fruitcake instead?
It's only been used as a doorstop for the laundry room.

I'll give you the same amount of money for it that I intend to spend converting diamonds to event currency for this event.

In all fairness, I was wrong about Black Friday being a bust. Maybe they'll change something in a hurry and make this event have something worth buying.

DeletedUser36572

I'll give you the same amount of money for it that I intend to spend converting diamonds to event currency for this event.

In all fairness, I was wrong about Black Friday being a bust. Maybe they'll change something in a hurry and make this event have something worth buying.

Your point was made and taken.
My point is that they don't have to give stuff away at all.

Where it is true long-term players are probably bigger spenders, growth or to some extent sustainability is reliant on players in general.

Not everything is tailored specifically to your desires.
The gains Inno receives may be beyond your limited comprehension.

If you want to play by yourself with the free stuff you want, then it is possible they might try to squeeze a few more bucks out of you.

Enough to keep the lights on anyway. ;)

Jase249

Your point was made and taken.
My point is that they don't have to give stuff away at all.

I didn't say they should give stuff away, you made that part up all on your own. I made an honest critique of whether the items being offered were worth spending real-world money on; i.e. the complete opposite of "giving stuff away". Nothing more, nothing less. I'm going to do the Event and get the Level 12 Winter Spire that can be attained for free, but IMO it's not worth spending money on to go beyond that.

Where it is true long-term players are probably bigger spenders, growth or to some extent sustainability is reliant on players in general.

This is such a vague statement I don't even know where to begin.

Not everything is tailored specifically to your desires.

I didn't say it had to be. I made a statement from perspective as a consumer of the product that most end-stage players (who tend to be the big spenders) are interested almost exclusively in FP production and attack boost, and this Event doesn't offer either aside from the FP production of the Winter Spire. You then took that assertion and extrapolated it into this absurd bit of rhetorical hyperbole.

The gains Inno receives may be beyond your limited comprehension.

You're right, my comprehension is limited. So is yours. We're players, not IG accountants or marketing experts. Only the people who run Inno have the behind-the-scenes look. But observing the cities of many others who spent significant money on the Summer Event when there was a choice offered, I'm willing to bet that the Pirate Ship outsold the Royal and Trader Ships combined, which supports my previous assertion.

If you want to play by yourself with the free stuff you want, then it is possible they might try to squeeze a few more bucks out of you.

Enough to keep the lights on anyway. ;)

This doesn't even make logical sense. If I was simply playing with free stuff, then there would be no "more" modifier to add to "bucks". Putting that aside, my statement is and has been simply that that the Event does not feature any item that is likely to be a big seller if the buying patterns (to the limited extent that I'm aware of them) hold true. If you want to offer constructive criticism of that statement that's one thing, but to suggest that I not only want "free stuff given away" but that it also has to be "tailored specifically to [my] desires" is a blatant misrepresentation of the assertion(s) I have made. My statement is that from my perspective as an "end-stage player" I don't see anything in this Event worth spending real-world money on and that other players in similar circumstances may feel the same way. No more, no less.

DeletedUser36572

You're right, my comprehension is limited. So is yours.

So true ... But my $ is the same as yours.

If I continue to play the game (as a new player), then they get my money. What I have received already in gifts helps my piddling little town, which in turn encourages me to play more and pay more.

If I play more and stay here with the game, then your silly self has someone to whip out your most awesome toys on. Otherwise, the game would eventually fade into a bunch of long-term players with old garbage and old drama.

Feel free to explain my misunderstandings if you somehow think your money is worth more than mine or are against the idea of attracting/keeping younger players.

Here's a clue ... You're not going to get money you spent on your awesomeness back and if it is okay with your majesty, I'll carry the load for a little while. ;)

Jase249

So true ... But my $ is the same as yours.

Of course it is. What's your point?

If I continue to play the game (as a new player), then they get my money. What I have received already in gifts helps my piddling little town, which in turn encourages me to play more and pay more.

Still no dispute, though I would point out that if they offered prizes that pertained more to the central aspects of the game you might pay even more. Having good Event prizes as well as the "standard" prizes of SoK, Wishing Well, Rogue Hideout, etc. are not mutually exclusive.

If I play more and stay here with the game, then your silly self has someone to whip out your most awesome toys on. Otherwise, the game would eventually fade into a bunch of long-term players with old garbage and old drama.

First of all I'm not "silly" (many people IRL have been quite clear about my inability to carry out humor). Second, I'm all for bringing in new players. Third, I would like to see you have access to "awesome toys". In fact, "awesome toys" might make new people more likely to continue playing, so I would state that advocating for Event prizes that offer increases to the central game features of FP production and attack boost is a pro-new-player position. If I was anti-new-player I would be saying "you missed your chance, don't let the new players get access to the good stuff!" I'm not saying that; I'm saying the opposite-that I would like to see similar "good stuff"/"awesome toys" made available to you.

Feel free to explain my misunderstandings if you somehow think your money is worth more than mine or are against the idea of attracting/keeping younger players.

I never claimed your money is worth more than mine, nor did I say I was against bringing in new players. Of course your money is worth the same amount is mine (money is money) and I welcome as many new players as IG can get. As I just stated, suggesting prizes that boost FP production and attack boost is a pro-new-player position.

I never made any sort claim to either assertion which you have ascribed to me. You seem to have a severe obsession with straw-man arguments.

Here's a clue ... You're not going to get money you spent on your awesomeness back

Of course not, it's money spent on entertainment. That's the entire point of Inno's business

and if it is okay with your majesty, I'll carry the load for a little while. ;)

[EDIT: Removed personal remark.] I won't sink to your level.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Of course it is. What's your point?

Being an ass is not a substitute for ability to form a cogent argument.

You named yourself "King" your majesty.
I said I would pick up the load you are unwilling to carry (the money you don't want to spend) and I hardly see how that would amount to me being an ass. o_O

The point is that it is an event, it serves its purpose and that purpose may not be to satisfy your specific desires. Enjoy the game, and quit crying about what you didn't get for Forgemas ;)

Jase249

You named yourself "King" your majesty.
I said I would pick up the load you are unwilling to carry (the money you don't want to spend) and I hardly see how that would amount to me being an ass. o_O

The point is that it is an event, it serves its purpose and that purpose may not be to satisfy your specific desires. Enjoy the game, and quit crying about what you didn't get for Forgemas ;)

I did get what I want, but I got it on the Black Friday event. Admittedly I was hoping for something worth buying from the Winter Event as well, but it didn't come. Oh well, I guess I just have to keep more of my money to myself. Maybe because you're new you're just not familiar with previous Events and the relative weakness of these Event prizes to the previous ones. What I'm truly dumbfounded by is the fact that somehow you seem to think that wanting Inno to provide opportunities to increase your FP production and attack boost somehow means I'm against you. You do understand that that would be a good thing, right?

On the plus side, it is a pleasant change to see a comment from you that isn't chock full of strawman arguments.

Jase249

6 fp's, 15 goods & the other stuff from a 4x4 that provides pop is weak?

No, obviously the grand prize is good which I've said (what is going on today with people claiming I said things I never actually said?!). However, there is no secondary prize to focus on while building multiple Winter Spires. So if you buy the diamonds to build more than one, you're buying just the WS, and while the WS is certainly good I don't think it's worth the diamonds it would take to get multiples.

That is my statement. The Winter Event unique prizes (not the "stock" ones that are available every event anyway) are weak compared to previous Events, and they do not provide a means for increasing either of FP production or attack boost, which I consider the two most fundamental elements of the game. If you believe I'm wrong I'd be happy to discuss. But please stop trying to put words in my mouth/keyboard.

DeletedUser31440

No, obviously the grand prize is good which I've said (what is going on today with people claiming I said things I never actually said?!). However, there is no secondary prize to focus on while building multiple Winter Spires. So if you buy the diamonds to build more than one, you're buying just the WS, and while the WS is certainly good I don't think it's worth the diamonds it would take to get multiples.

That is my statement. The Winter Event unique prizes (not the "stock" ones that are available every event anyway) are weak compared to previous Events, and they do not provide a means for increasing either of FP production or attack boost, which I consider the two most fundamental elements of the game. If you believe I'm wrong I'd be happy to discuss. But please stop trying to put words in my mouth/keyboard.

I'd agree with that, but I also don't think Inno should give out attack boost and fp producing buildings with every event. IMHO, there should be events that you will want to complete and events that aren't worth it each year. I think doing so forces a player to make a decision before the event if it is going to be worthwhile and I also enjoy sitting out events now and again just for a slower pace of play.

Edit: To add on, I think with the main building in this event being as powerful as it is, I wouldn't want to see secondary buildings that are comparable to some of the stronger secondary events buildings that have come out.

DeletedUser30900

Still, 4*4 with 6 FPs and other bonus is not good enough for this guy then...maybe nothing is. Btw, there is a 2*3 golds production building which is really decent for “end gaming players” since they can sell goods for FPs quite often.

Jase249

Still, 4*4 with 6 FPs and other bonus is not good enough for this guy then...maybe nothing is.

ugghhh...how many times do I have to say it's a good building?! If it weren't I wouldn't be doing the Event. I've compared it to the Royal Ship, which I think is a fair comparison. What I have said (for the zillionth time) is that the building is not good enough by itself to justify the diamond expenditure to obtain multiples without a quality secondary prize to go after while building the multiples, and that a building providing an FP production boost and/or an attack boost would be the best examples of a good secondary prize.

I'd agree with that, but I also don't think Inno should give out attack boost and fp producing buildings with every event. IMHO, there should be events that you will want to complete and events that aren't worth it each year. I think doing so forces a player to make a decision before the event if it is going to be worthwhile and I also enjoy sitting out events now and again just for a slower pace of play.

Edit: To add on, I think with the main building in this event being as powerful as it is, I wouldn't want to see secondary buildings that are comparable to some of the stronger secondary events buildings that have come out.

Agreed with everything except wanting to sit out some events. I'm a Forge-a-holic ;)

Just a note on the edit, as I've stated previously the WS is roughly comparable to a Royal Ship from the Summer Event (it's slightly better), but the Summer Event had the Sunken Treasure available to go after while obtaining Ships.

DeletedUser31440

ust a note on the edit, as I've stated previously the WS is roughly comparable to a Royal Ship from the Summer Event (it's slightly better), but the Summer Event had the Sunken Treasure available to go after while obtaining Ships.

16 tiles + a road - 6 fp's = .353 fp's/tile - 15 goods = .882 goods/tile

21 tiles + a road - 6 fp's = .273 fp's/tile - 10 goods = .455 goods/tile

That looks like a pretty significantly stronger building to me, the other bonuses aren't factors for me. So with that difference I see no issue with sunken treasures giving fp's while the sleigh builder doesn't. Also some players may want to increase goods production more than fp production, or they're selling goods making the sleigh builder more powerful than the sunken treasure. It's all about the city setup though.

Edit: Wrong there that should have been a they're and most defnitely not a their.