• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

C-Map Requirements in Winter Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser36326
  • Start date

mamboking053

Unless it specifically asks from your current or previous age, I build a Spearfighter Barracks and recruit Spearfighters. I can usually be done in just a couple of minutes.

When It does ask for units from my age, I just do enough GE until I fulfill the requirement. Knowing the quests in advance is key.

It's random, but it's also fairly common. The relics will give you troops also and this event is probably the only time I was happy to get them, lol.

mamboking053

As others have said, you absolutely DO have complete freedom to decide how you want to play. You can play this game until the heat death of the multiverse and never research another tech if you don't want to. What you don't have is freedom from the consequences of your decisions. Why do you think you're entitled to that sort of freedom?

I didn't ask for no consequences. I asked for an alternative to that requirement.

Besides...take this scenario. I guy has a gun to your kids head. He wants you to go to your bank account and empty all your money or he'll kill them. You still have absolute freedom... But probability suggests you either love or feel enough responsibility to your children to do what the guy asks. Not saying Inno is that Machiavellian, but it's an example of carrots and sticks from a more practical perspective and all games use it for some reason or another.

Algona

Please don't ask Inno to change the game to make your chosen play style easier.
I guy has a gun to your kids head. He wants you to go to your bank account and empty all your money or he'll kill them. You still have absolute freedom... But probability suggests you either love or feel enough responsibility to your children to do what the guy asks. Not saying Inno is that Machiavellian, but it's an example of carrots and sticks from a more practical perspective and all games use it for some reason or another.

Comparing your game situation that is entirely up to you to having your kids killed? Killing your kids is 'more practical'?

Argument by analogy is always flawed, but for all that's Holy if you do have to do so, use some analogy that is not incredibly irrelevant, insensitive, and offensive.

Last edited:

mamboking053

Please don't ask Inno to change the game to make your chosen play style easier.

Comparing a game choice that is entirely up to you to having your kids killed? Killing your kids is 'more practical'?

Argument by analogy is always flawed, but for all that's Holy if you do have to do so, use some analogy that isn;t incredibly irrelevant, insensitive, and offensive.

I didn't say killing my kids was more practical...

I said that getting the money out of the bank when someone else who has a gun to their head is telling them to do so or he'll shoot is an example of someone who has the absolute freedom to do what he wants, but is compelled to take a specific action due to the circumstances if you look at it realistically rather than technically.

I'm not asking Inno to do anything they haven't done. Alternatives are provided for other things far less challenging.

DeletedUser33179

I didn't ask for no consequences. I asked for an alternative to that requirement.

Besides...take this scenario. I guy has a gun to your kids head. He wants you to go to your bank account and empty all your money or he'll kill them. You still have absolute freedom... But probability suggests you either love or feel enough responsibility to your children to do what the guy asks. Not saying Inno is that Machiavellian, but it's an example of carrots and sticks from a more practical perspective and all games use it for some reason or another.

By asking for an alternative to that requirement, you are asking for no consequences for choices you've made.

FoE is intentionally not designed as "either money or you kid's life" kind of game. It instead demands a much more dynamic, multifaceted strategy to succeed in all its myriad aspects. When your kid's threatened, you pull out the gun you bought years ago for protection & are very proficient in using (having diligently gone weekly to the local firing range to practice). You shoot the hostage in the leg. While the attacker is wondering "WTF," you blow his head off.

mamboking053

By asking for an alternative to that requirement, you are asking for no consequences for choices you've made.

FoE is intentionally not designed as "either money or you kid's life" kind of game.

I did not say either of these things... I am not asking for no consequences. I'm asking for a change to a...single...requirement.

It instead demands a much more dynamic, multifaceted strategy to succeed in all its myriad aspects. When your kid's threatened, you pull out the gun you bought years ago for protection & are very proficient in using (having diligently gone weekly to the local firing range to practice). You shoot the hostage in the leg. While the attacker is wondering "WTF," you blow his head off.

I think that might be carrying this out into the woods a little, but if this was the case there would be no alternative options for any other quest. But there are...

DeletedUser31440

I did not say either of these things... I am not asking for no consequences. I'm asking for a change to a...single...requirement.

Because you don't want to deal with the consequences of your play style.

Don't worry finished that sentence for you bud.

Agent327

I didn't say killing my kids was more practical...

I said that getting the money out of the bank when someone else who has a gun to their head is telling them to do so or he'll shoot is an example of someone who has the absolute freedom to do what he wants, but is compelled to take a specific action due to the circumstances if you look at it realistically rather than technically.

I'm not asking Inno to do anything they haven't done. Alternatives are provided for other things far less challenging.

What circumstances? It was your choice to have kids! Now who is to blame for that?

mamboking053

Because you don't want to deal with the consequences of your play style.

Don't worry finished that sentence for you bud.

A period ends a sentence just fine.

To eliminate the consequences of having to advance on the C-map. Since Inno isn't going to change it, now what?

Not consequences...that consequence. Becuase...why? Do the other quests with alternatives eliminate the consequences of a quest with a singular alternative?

People talk as if I'm asking for the game to be made easier, but it's harder trying to push the map from an inferior age. Inno doesn't have to accommodate, but they don't have to disregard it either. It's not like this is the first convenience that has been made for the player in the game, is it?

DeletedUser31440

Not consequences...that consequence. Becuase...why? People talk as if I'm asking for the game to be made easier

You find that consequence of your play style makes it difficult to complete events so you want it gone, how is that not making the game easier?

mamboking053

You find that consequence of your play style makes it difficult to complete events so you want it gone, how is that not making the game easier?

You're saying an alternative makes the game easier. Perhaps. Some changes to the game that Inno creates makes the game easier. Adding event buildings, period, makes the game easier. Inno just re-balanced the Cultural Settlements because beta players complained it took too long. That makes the game easier. Trying to characterize this as simply me wanting to make the game easier doesn't really work.

There are alternatives in the game already. There have been alternatives to the c-map request already. There are alternatives within the event for literally everything else except the very first quest. So why is the c-map one one of the only ones without an alternative?

DeletedUser31440

You're saying an alternative makes the game easier. Perhaps. Some changes to the game that Inno creates makes the game easier. Adding event buildings, period, makes the game easier. Trying to characterize this as simply me wanting to make the game easier doesn't really work.

There are alternatives in the game already. There have been alternatives to the c-map request already. There are alternatives within the event for literally everything else except the very first quest. So why is the c-map one one of the only ones without an alternative?

You have a playstyle, you chose that playstyle, you are now dealing with the consequences of that playstyle, you are having difficulty with the event because of that playstyle, and now you want to change the game to help make your playstyle more viable. Sure sounds like trying to make the game easier to me.

mamboking053

You have a playstyle, you chose that playstyle, you are now dealing with the consequences of that playstyle, you are having difficulty with the event because of that playstyle, and now you want to change the game to help make your playstyle more viable. Sure sounds like trying to make the game easier to me.

Ignore my questions and keep rattling on about consequences.

Sure, snowman.

DeletedUser31440

Ignore my questions and keep rattling on about consequences.

Sure, snowman.

Ignore the consequences and don't finish the event. I'm going to finish the event though, mostly because of planning and strategy. You can come by one of my cities after the event to check out my fully upgraded Winter Spire, I'm assuming you won't be able to see one in your city.

RazorbackPirate

You're saying an alternative makes the game easier. Perhaps. Some changes to the game that Inno creates makes the game easier. Adding event buildings, period, makes the game easier. Inno just re-balanced the Cultural Settlements because players complained it took too long. That makes the game easier. Trying to characterize this as simply me wanting to make the game easier doesn't really work.

As it originally appeared on beta, these quests had alternatives, but there was a bug which necessitated them removing them. It is what it is.
People talk as if I'm asking for the game to be made easier, but it's harder trying to push the map from an inferior age. Inno doesn't have to accommodate, but they don't have to disregard it either. It's not like this is the first convenience that has been made for the player in the game, is it?
If your saying, "It's harder trying to push the map from an inferior age," and your asking for an alternative that removes this requirement that, in your words is hard, then yes, you are asking it to be made easier. How do you not understand that. It's okay to ask for it to be easier, regardless, it's not going to happen for this event anyway.

DeletedUser15539

You got me wondering with this.

I was wondering whether there was a way to sit in an age and push up to the last age in the game without fighting or up-trading. I settled on the idea of simply directly trading goods of that age for FP. This seemed like the fastest method, but do you still think your way is better for ages increasingly further up from yourself?
There's nothing wrong with doing it either way. Or by a combination of the two. Do whatever works for you.

DeletedUser36326

If your saying, "It's harder trying to push the map from an inferior age," and your asking for an alternative that removes this requirement that, in your words is hard, then yes, you are asking it to be made easier. How do you not understand that. It's okay to ask for it to be easier, regardless, it's not going to happen for this event anyway.

I’m not asking for this event. And I didn’t say it did not make it easier in a way. I thought I made that clear in my post. Making something easier isn’t the same as making something easy.

However, there’s different levels of difficult and that map requirment scales as one pushes the map. I’m not asking for an alternative due simply to difficulty as though any difficulty is the same across the board. At a certain point it takes a huge effort to complete a single requirment in the quest line that’s way out of proportion to any other part of the quest line. I don’t think it’s meant to be that hard.

DeletedUser31440

I’m not asking for this event. And I didn’t say it did not make it easier in a way. I thought I made that clear in my post. Making something easier isn’t the same as making something easy.

However, there’s different levels of difficult and that map requirment scales as one pushes the map. I’m not asking for an alternative due simply to difficulty as though any difficulty is the same across the board. At a certain point it takes a huge effort to complete a single requirment in the quest line that’s way out of proportion to any other part of the quest line. I don’t think it’s meant to be that hard.

It isn't meant to be that hard, but your also not meant to have C-Map outpace tech as much as you apparently have. You made a choice, that choice made the event harder and there's much else to be said about that other than now you should know what not to do for the next event.