• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser31397

I hit 'see 2' five times so far. Every single time I got it I got the 2X shown (and every time it was a disappointment so might avoid it in the future). Someone work out THAT probability lol (I wish I remembered how many prizes were left each time otherwise I actually could).

So far 400 stars, and only 1 grand prize. The one time I got the prize was between that and a shuffle. I've got 'shuffled out' every other time and even hit 3 shuffles within 4 tries. Well at least I'm getting extra matches.

Thank goodness for the Christmas Tree this year lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatrikon

Even when you get something useless, like a pile of coins, it's still something you got for free. It doesn't hurt you. What do you expect to get for free? Compare it to the things you get for free in real life. What have you gotten for free in real life? Promotional items? A pad of sticky notes with someone's logo on it? A ballpoint pen with a logo on it? A T-shirt with a logo on it? A small order of fries with the purchase of a double cheeseburger?

TANSTAAFL

DeletedUser35770

Like with any other event I post about I will start upfront by saying that my city is better off for giving it a shot. You are bound to get something you want at least one time. You don’t have to do the quests to have a couple of shots at the presents, but if you do the quests you will have good odds at getting a few daily specials. If you do the quests and log in daily you will have a great chance at a full spire without spending diamonds.

I don’t have a problem with the event mechanics. If you keep hitting shuffle it sucks but you’ll definitely get the event building free no diamonds. If you miss shuffle congratulations on your daily specials. Match randomness makes sense to me as well.

I’m not particularly happy with the order of the quests. I felt like I should have been made to scout first and then Later acquire the sectors. I understand you want to put out shiny multi stage buildings and entice a few campers to start scouting. Or maybe the game was made to progress from age to age and not having these type of C Map progression quests is against the spirit of Inno. For most this results in acquiring two provinces unless you don’t mind leaving one open and skipping the dailies. I understand both sides of the argument they have been beat like a dead horse. I stay extended periods in an age, but I liked the event building and decided to go ahead and take two provinces. I understand fully I didn’t have to play this free event you worked hard on and get these nice items if I want to live in an age forever. I do wish I could have done one province though, but I understand .

I personally like the rewards. It’s the same as every other event. All the new fragments and shrink kits are interesting. Some people hate it, but it is better than coins or supplies. If you don’t need wishing wells or SoK you are likely endgame GB pushing and only the event building is worth it. I really wish we would see the champion retreat more often though as a daily special in events. A lot of people feel like the sleigh builder is the step child in comparison to sunken treasure. I’m not going out of my way for it like I did the sunken treasure, but I also don’t deny it has utility especially in higher ages.

In summary thanks for an event, the mechanics make sense to me and my city is better off for playing. I hate taking two provinces , but I am thankful you even ran an event and made a 4x4 that spits 6 fp daily. Consider champion retreat as a daily special in future events. For me it is worth playing the event and I realize if it wasn’t worth playing you didn’t force it upon me. Thanks inno

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

I am growing old waiting for a decent daily prize worthy of spending stars on.

As far as I am concerned there isn't one. Sleigh builders are a decent alternative for never ever have to build goods buildings ever again, even when you go up in age, but I already am in that situation with all the sets, ships, tholos and so on. Everything else I already have plenty in my inventory. So I think I am going to waste it all on one-up kits.

DeletedUser31397

As far as I am concerned there isn't one. Sleigh builders are a decent alternative for never ever have to build goods buildings ever again, even when you go up in age, but I already am in that situation with all the sets, ships, tholos and so on. Everything else I already have plenty in my inventory. So I think I am going to waste it all on one-up kits.

A mix of sleigh builders and one up kits is also not a bad option. I think that is what I am going to go for on my main city. I also see sleigh builders are the prize tonight.

Jase249

A mix of sleigh builders and one up kits is also not a bad option. I think that is what I am going to go for on my main city. I also see sleigh builders are the prize tonight.

They're decent, but not as good as Sunken Treasures IMO since there's no FP option.

DeletedUser31397

They're decent, but not as good as Sunken Treasures IMO since there's no FP option.

Unfortunately, I missed the sunken treasure prizes as I took a hiatus from the game for quite some time. The FPs are nice but I am already producing a considerable amount of FPs so getting more goods production could help balance my overall production.

Agent327

With 15 goods a day and their small size they make a pretty good goods building if you need those.

In a goods building I can produce 25 goods a day. With two of these I could produce 30 goods and they would still take less place than all the goods buildings from the later ages. You can bring them up with one-up kits, so you never need to rearrange your city to fit another goods building from the next age.

They are pretty good, but the problem is that with all the special buildings that give goods and fp's I really don't need them.

DeletedUser34800

With 15 goods a day and their small size they make a pretty good goods building if you need those.

In a goods building I can produce 25 goods a day. With two of these I could produce 30 goods and they would still take less place than all the goods buildings from the later ages. You can bring them up with one-up kits, so you never need to rearrange your city to fit another goods building from the next age.

They are pretty good, but the problem is that with all the special buildings that give goods and fp's I really don't need them.

I agree with this, and I'll be getting a bunch of them if I can.

Like you, I don't need them (right now at least, never know what the future holds) but I'd like to have them just in case.

UBERhelp1

I'm getting as many as possible. They are literally the best goods/tile building (except maybe highly leveled GB) in the game.

DeletedUser31397

Hmmm...not bad at all on my main city. 3 sleigh builders for 350 stars is much better than I expected. Got show 2 three times and each time it revealed shuffle so that was really nice though I almost had to go through the whole board the first time around.

RazorbackPirate

I just got 4 for both of my cities. Like many, I don't need them at this point, but want some in inventory for later. Since 2 will fit in the space of 1 Tribal Square, it makes sense to prep to produce 60 goods in the space of 10. If nothing else, it will give me some extra goods to sell for FPs later in the game.

DeletedUser36624

Show 2 (revealing 2x and some supplies), 2x, Sleigh Builder. They are EMA Sleigh Builders and I'm aging up next week, so not sure I want more right now.

DeletedUser29623

I got 10 in each city. I don’t like them as much as sunken treasures because they don’t give FP, but expect they’ll come in handy when I age up to refined goods.

I also got a ton of FPs playing all the stars I earned for the entire event so far today, over 100 in each city, as good as a gold relic. I would not complain about this event, though the candle conceit seems a bit silly.

UBERhelp1

Whoop! 4 Sleigh builders gotten, and only 1270 diamonds spent. A fair trade off in my books. (right now I am focusing on goods production, so they are great for my city. I have doubled my current-age good production through this event.)

DeletedUser15539

I understand that the Sleigh Builder is great for goods. But if you're in an active 190% exchange group you can do all the recurring quests you want, and with a higher level Chateau can get all the current age goods you want, at no additional footprint. So what is the advantage to using your city space for the Sleigh Builder?