• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser29623

Usually I wait until the end of the event to get all the upgrades and place the event building in my city. But this time I built it as soon as I had five upgrades because each version of the winter spire is different and cool-looking and I want to appreciate them all. Hats off to the designers for putting so much into illustrations that may only last a few days for most of us.

RazorbackPirate

I've already decided the Winter Spire will be replacing my level 5 ToB in both of my cities. I'm currently sitting on 7 upgrades in each. You may have just pushed me to decide today is the day. Queue Micky Mouse theme ...

"Now's the time to say goodbye to that monstrosity ...":p

DeletedUser36100

Will Santa's Workshop be available as a daily prize? It is listed on the Beta Wiki, but I haven't seen it yet.

DeletedUser31440

3 mines that went after the WW's today:
Mine #1 - about 850 stars for 7 WW's
Mine #2 - about 1000 stars for 9 WW's
Mine #3 - about 300 stars for 3 WW's

Good day so far.

DeletedUser34800

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the Santa's Workshop. It's too big for what it does. I got one last year and never placed it.

It does look great though, which is the only tempting part. Add more holiday fun to my city. But I don't have the space.

RazorbackPirate

I'm curious what the appeal is for you. It seems awfully big for what it's able to produce, compared to the Sleigh Builder. It looks great, that's for sure.
More than anything, just to have. It will stay in inventory for the time being. However, with Inno having updated the stats on the Mad Scientist's Lab, I'm hopeful there might be an update for Santa's Workshop at some point.

It won't happen this year, but with the number of Store Building Kits I now have in both of my cities, I'd like to have seasonal Halloween and Christmas displays to bring out those seasonal special buildings that don't have a permanent place in my city, then store them after for next season.

Given the production level of my cities, it will barely impact them to put up some seasonal displays a few times a year. I'm always focused on maxing out my production whenever and wherever I can, but there's no reason I can't just do some stuff for fun one in a while.

BTW - Your comment earlier convinced me to dump my ToB early and put down a partial Winter Spire. I took it to level 5 right way to be done with the 'ruins' look, and have been adding another upgrade each day after collection. This now gives me the chance to enjoy more of the skins and to watch the Winter Spire grow over time. Thanks for the nudge.

DeletedUser35770

Santa and his elves can’t make a single fp in a 5x4 in 24 hours? I guess I’ll send my Christmas list to Van Gogh or the mad scientist instead.

DeletedUser29623

BTW - Your comment earlier convinced me to dump my ToB early and put down a partial Winter Spire. I took it to level 5 right way to be done with the 'ruins' look, and have been adding another upgrade each day after collection. This now gives me the chance to enjoy more of the skins and to watch the Winter Spire grow over time. Thanks for the nudge.

I wouldn’t delete my ToB, though! I actually stored the Mad Scientists Lab to make room for it.

DeletedUser37699

I have a question and comment about this game and the winter event.

I just started playing this game and started a new city in the Greifental World within a couple days of the winter event start. So I am bronze age level and I have reached Quest Level 40 where the requirement is to "Complete 5 Guild Expedition Encounters...." OR, "Defeat 80 Units"

So, I have spent part of last night and most of today reading on the forum and wiki any information as to how I can accomplish this feat given my level. I just found out that most of what I have been reading is on the - https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-2018.36622/ - where I tried to post and found out that I could not as I am not playing there on that server, but here on the "US" one I guess. Which by the way is very poor compared to the other one in information and participation by FOE staff.

As far as I can tell it is impossible to complete this Quest Level 40 while staying in the bronze age. Why do you not state this?
If I am missing something then please enlighten me.

1. A player cannot attack another player in bronze age. No way to attack units that way.
2. You cannot join "Guild Expeditions" Until you achieve Iron Age.
3. I thought I could do PVP tournaments and defeat units that way. But seems that is impossible given the above. At first I thought I might have to join a guild, but then learned about the Iron Age rule, so no going there.

I wonder why you even have a Bronze Age Tournament for this game given the restrictions you put on. The only way I see is to be at the end of Iron Age or above and then fight with only Bronze Age units, assuming that the opposing players also have only Bronze Age units.

4. There are only so many battles one could possibly do on the map to take regions and sectors and they will never reach 80 units to do this quest even going to the top of Iron Age and getting Legionares.

I noted many complaints on the other forum of the game developers forcing players to advance and go past where they wanted to be and not play how they wished to at their own pace. It would seem to me that this is a glaring issue with this Winter Event at the end levels.

It would be much more helpful if you folks would give MORE INFORMATION to help us new players to understand how to play your game and tell us about any restrictions or needed advancements that we will have to achieve to do certain things, OR, make the game so that ALL LEVELS CAN ACHIEVE GOALS. You have clearly done that in other aspects of the levels in this event, but not in achieving level 40 and getting the 300 Stars in the Bronze Age.

At least as I said as far as my Bronze Age understanding and Technology will afford me given what the INNO Gods have created for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

I have a question and comment about this game and the winter event.

I just started playing this game and started a new city in the Greifental World within a couple days of the winter event start. So I am bronze age level and I have reached Quest Level 40 where the requirement is to "Complete 5 Guild Expedition Encounters...." OR, "Defeat 80 Units"

So, I have spent part of last night and most of today reading on the forum and wiki any information as to how I can accomplish this feat given my level. I just found out that most of what I have been reading is on the - https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-2018.36622/ - where I tried to post and found out that I could not as I am not playing there on that server, but here on the "US" one I guess. Which by the way is very poor compared to the other one in information and participation by FOE staff.

As far as I can tell it is impossible to complete this Quest Level 40 while staying in the bronze age. Why do you not state this?
If I am missing something then please enlighten me.

1. A player cannot attack another player in bronze age. No way to attack units that way.
2. You cannot join "Guild Expeditions" Until you achieve Iron Age.
3. I thought I could do PVP tournaments and defeat units that way. But seems that is impossible given the above. At first I thought I might have to join a guild, but then learned about the Iron Age rule, so no going there.

I wonder why you even have a Bronze Age Tournament for this game given the restrictions you put on. The only way I see is to be at the end of Iron Age or above and then fight with only Bronze Age units, assuming that the opposing players also have only Bronze Age units.

4. There are only so many battles one could possibly do on the map to take regions and sectors and they will never reach 80 units to do this quest even going to the top of Iron Age and getting Legionares.

I noted many complaints on the other forum of the game developers forcing players to advance and go past where they wanted to be and not play how they wished to at their own pace. It would seem to me that this is a glaring issue with this Winter Event at the end levels.

It would be much more helpful if you folks would give MORE INFORMATION to help us new players to understand how to play your game and tell us about any restrictions or needed advancements that we will have to achieve to do certain things, OR, make the game so that ALL LEVELS CAN ACHIEVE GOALS. You have clearly done that in other aspects of the levels in this event, but not in achieving level 40 and getting the 300 Stars in the Bronze Age.

At least as I said as far as my Bronze Age understanding and Technology will afford me given what the INNO Gods have created for us.

Do you have any open sectors on the Continent Map? If you don't scout a new province and then do this:
Attack the sector with the most heavies available, in the opposing army.
Attack with all stone throwers.
Attack a single heavy at a time until it dies.
Attack until you are about to take a hit and then surrender the battle.
Rinse and repeat until you've met the requirement.