• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser36624

Sleigh builder tomorrow, baybee! Something to blow 1300+ stars on! Woo hoo!

DeletedUser33179

Had my 3 trial cities in IA from experimenting over the past several months set for deletion. I saved them on the last day, deciding to complete this & next event to just get wishing wells. Plan to get rid of everything else in them after (as I want to focus on my main & 3 GE diamond cities only), & just collect from whatever I got. So far, Winter event has been great for this plan - won between 8-12 WWs in each city (no diamonds spent).

DeletedUser36624

I got 9 Sleigh Builders, is it enough?
imgur.com/a/8IU2wvd
I've got 10 so far. I think the present generating server is overloaded, I keep getting hung up, and I'm stuck now on the tree with the 50 FP grand prize just like your picture. I've gotten x2 sleigh builders twice, once was sheer luck, the other a show 2 revealed the shuffle and the sleigh builder (okay, that's luck too), and I elected to go for finding the x2 before hitting them. Twice I have opened the shuffle on the first present (free match!), and other than that I haven't hit the shuffle before getting a sleigh builder. Very lucky.

10 sleigh builders is a lot, but I figure I can put them to work in the future cranking out goods for trade, which may end up being a better FP generator than a SoK farm. We'll see.

DeletedUser36624

Sometimes presents don't give a match. Did I miss something or are they all supposed to give a match?

Edit: Apparently the server knows, but the display may not update. I just reloaded, and the matches that went missing showed up.

DeletedUser10554

This latest extra event play is awful, the negotiations for any event including GE are a waste of hard acquired supplies. I stopped play after the third time it was part of the next level. Just taking the daily stars. These pieces of buildings are a loser also.

Just saying the two functions stink, I've played this game for a few years, about done with it. Mainly because of the type of crap mention above

While on my soapbox the frequency of these special events are getting REALLY tiresome and worn out.

Cheers,
Happy New Year

RazorbackPirate

hard acquired supplies.
Cheers,
Happy New Year
This is the real problem, not the event quest requirements. Improve your city. From my experience, there's nothing wrong with the game or frequency of events.

Cheers to you as well, whether it's a Happy New Year for your city and your game play is up to you.:)

DeletedUser36572

I'm glad for you. Really I am. But I came into the Forum to bemoan the lack of imagination in this year's gift boxes.
I was really enthused by the promise of Watch Fire and Victory Tower upgrades -- but they have been scarcer than rocking horse manure.
I was looking forward to adding the sleigh building shed to my range - which already has a Santa's workshop and some nutcrackers from Christmas Past.. But that has been rarely available.
Your post was a timely reminder of Christmas Spirit and that same old, same old or the established players can still be new and exciting -- and helpful.
But, overall, I do think that this year's FoE Santa needs to talk to the marketing department: too much of what was promised didn't materialise in any meaningful way..

I understand, and it's possible being newer really made things look different to me.

I have to admit I love having the Winter Spire in my town, because it makes a great difference at my Age. I hammered some Shrines early on and got 4 (something I had never had), and got a Sleigh Builder. Then when I figured it would probably come up again, I saved my stars and got two more Sleigh Builders. I mean I already have a Level 12 Spire and it, as well as the Shrines, have helped me secure the blue prints I was looking for with extra Forge Points to work with daily.

Have no fear ... I will try to be in a worse mood when I can figure out a reason to be ... :p

lemur

If a Winter Spire never appears as the daily prize, how is it possible to acquire more than one?

Here on the second-to-last day of the event the daily prize is a Wishing Well Shrink Kit. .How sad ... is that the best you can come up with, InnoGames?? .What's next, a stupid Victory Tower?

ODragon

If a Winter Spire never appears as the daily prize, how is it possible to acquire more than one?

It shows up as a grand prize; reward number 16. I have a second one sitting in storage. I had zero problems getting up to the 2nd L1 Winter Spire on either of my worlds (main - Ind, Diamond - Iron).

What's next, a stupid Victory Tower?

Nope, One up Kit. A Reno kit would have made more sense but so be it.

DeletedUser37776

I liked the event ok, i guess. I mean it's the same old grind. my biggest issue with this event like all events is once it's over there's little to no chance of getting any of the missed rewards (like last Christmas building). Inno has added these "Selection Kits" cards but really have not utilized them. Imagine using these cards in the daily special, I'm sure more people would play the daily special if it has a 20% chance on one of 5 different reward Selection Kits, which might mean more diamonds spent trying to complete the daily.

Also, it really erks me to spend my "Stars" on packages to gain matchs and have to get though a second up gradable building, why would I want a second Winter spire which I could at best get to level 2 or 3. And can't we get some way not to give out useless rewards more than once, I got no less than 4 "hall of Fame" and 3 Deco Selection kits, really who puts down decorations. there really needs to be some kind of quest to burn these off for some reward, or trade them to other players or get something out of them other than wasted space. quest to combine Boosts or Self aid... I mean I am not using the single shot self aid, too much pain in the ass, and I'm almost always full added. anyways, thats my thoughts