• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Opt out of events and daily challenges

Proposal:
To have the ability to opt out or turn off events.

Current system:
None

Details:
There needs to be a way to opt out of these ridiculous events and daily challenges that people are getting tired of doing and seeing. These events have become almost an ongoing thing with no breather in between. This last event was complete garbage and people deserve the right to be able to opt out of them and not have to see them on their screen for weeks on end. I am tired of having to see these events on my screen when I am not participating in them, getting notifications about them or seeing big dumb arrows pointing to them.

There should be an option in the options to turn off events and daily challenges for people that dont want to participate or have to see them on their screens.

Godly Luke

Well, I have great news for you! News flash, if you don't want to do the events, then DON'T DO THEM! And if you don't like them on your screen, there is this word called ignoring it. Hope that helps!

EDIT: Events is also how Inno makes a good bit on income.

Last edited:

Algona

I vote yes.

Getting rid of all the useless whiny tantrums would be the best thing to ever happen to these forums.

Righhhhhht. Who am I kidding? It won't do any good.

The same folk who post useless whiny tantrums about Events already have the option of ignoring Events.

(Or DCs, or GvG. GE, connecting buildings to roads, plundering, collecting, Settlements, GBs, Taverns, how heavy Gold boullion is, gravity, whatever their particular problem is.)

Yet instead of ignoring whatever, they continue to participate and then post their useless whiny tantrums.

They wouldn't use an opt out for the same reason they don't ignore whatever now, they are too afraid of missing out on something good. They'd still be posting their useless whiny tantrums.

UBERhelp1

-1. Just ignore it. Events and DCs are literally the best way to get good buildings (or FP) for free with little effort. If for some reason you don't want that, then just ignore the icons. They don't get in the way or obstruct anything.

Agent327

Proposal:
To have the ability to opt out or turn off events.

Current system:
None

Details:
There needs to be a way to opt out of these ridiculous events and daily challenges that people are getting tired of doing and seeing. These events have become almost an ongoing thing with no breather in between. This last event was complete garbage and people deserve the right to be able to opt out of them and not have to see them on their screen for weeks on end. I am tired of having to see these events on my screen when I am not participating in them, getting notifications about them or seeing big dumb arrows pointing to them.

There should be an option in the options to turn off events and daily challenges for people that dont want to participate or have to see them on their screens.

You can opt out, you are not forced to participate and if you do not want to see them you can quit playing the game.

DeletedUser

If you can't simply ignore the icons, then you need to work on your ability to focus.

Super Catanian

This last event was complete garbage
The last event was the Forge Bowl, if I’m not mistaken, right?

So a 4x4 building that could produce medals and 6 FP in 24 hours (which, by the way, is even better than a SoK, and takes up less aid), plus, provide a decent attack boost and a whopping amount of population for your age was garbage to you?
Plus, the Classical Garden Set, with great stats and productions, was also complete garbage?

Or are you just salty that you didn’t get a maxed out Colossus because you could care less about participating in the event?

DeletedUser13838

The last event was the Forge Bowl, if I’m not mistaken, right?

So a 4x4 building that could produce medals and 6 FP in 24 hours (which, by the way, is even better than a SoK, and takes up less aid), plus, provide a decent attack boost and a whopping amount of population for your age was garbage to you?
Don't forget the 7-14% attack boost.