• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty

Players in a GvG guild that can't play GvG are hardly part of a team. Now that I can be a part of a team, I won't stay in a guild that won't build a team I can be a part of. Not just a team my goods can be a part of. If you can't understand that, maybe a guild isn't for you.
You joined a GvG guild, but do not want to participate in GvG.

Got it.

Times are changing. From here on out, you're funding you're own GvG play. Less goods for sale, huh?
I'm in a 2 member guild, dude. I already fund my own GvG play. Kinda foils your attempt at an insult, eh. lol

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'm going to venture a guess -- an educated one, but nevertheless a guess. Innogames developed the GvG modules on an old platform, one with limited ability to become portable between operating systems and mobile environments. Without a total re-write of the engines, they CAN'T fix it. Doing the work needed is cost prohibitive. This proposal is a deflection - "Look a shiny new object everyone!" Again I say this with all respect. If it works for them, more power to them.

Betcha.
I think you may be onto something. It did not occur to me that any developer would use a non portable platform after 2000. I thought it was just that to fix it they would have to take it down and that would anger all gvg players.

mamboking053

I feel by adding a guild battleground feature to mobile it will worsen the overall experience. Mobile games tend to be limited when it comes to features- there is only so much you can do with a touch screen. This feature has the ability to add some depth of content to the game- trying to make this compatible with mobile could make it yet another shallow grindish feature.

I could be wrong, I'm hoping for inno to surprise me.

There was a proposal a while back in the forums where a player suggested that the area of movement/attack for enemy units have tiles shaded in different colors contrasting to the normal battlefield in order to improve that aspect of fighting on mobile. Sounded like a real great idea. I don't fight on mobile specifically because I can't see that very well and it's annoying holding the button down- especially when you can sometimes mistakenly command a troop to the tile instead.

DeletedUser24437

The advent of GE was to give mobile users a GVG type of experience and in my opinion a good compromise.
If the mobile users were truly interested in GVG, they can participate by using Puffin, not a great way of doing it - but doable, or occasionally get on a PC.
So a new system for the poor, casual, mobile players sounds like a waste of programming time better spent on other program issues and bugs.
There is a lot of whining about the strong guilds dominating GE and GVG and Inno coming up with ways to fix it.
Guess what, the strong guilds will dominate any type of fighting system scenario that Inno can programatically come up.
Deal with it, and overcome it, and get over it.

DeletedUser

Let me venture a guess... Are the "well-known members" former moderators? :rolleyes:
The notations of "well known member", "new member" and the rest are strictly based on number of posts. I was a "well known member" for at least three years before I became a moderator.
Stephen Longshanks has a habit of butting in with his own opinions while the notation under his pic says Moderator. Change it Steve - let us know for certain each time u open ur mouth that ur voicing your own opinion, not anything to do with INNOGAMES.
Forum rules state that moderators have every right to post as players. I think it is pretty clear when I'm posting as a moderator. When I occasionally do post as a moderator, it is usually to say that I'm moving a thread, closing a thread or some such action, or to warn posters to stay on topic. If I am discussing or posting about the topic of the thread or replying to a player, I am generally posting as a player.

Now no more posts about moderating. If you read the Forum rules, you will see that if you have a problem with moderation (not with a moderator's opinions as a player) the proper course of action is to contact a Community Manager. Alternately, you can report any of my posts and another moderator or Community Manager will handle that report.

DeletedUser38815

@InnoGames ; why is it so difficult to implement few new maps for AF/OF/SAM... I understand it will take some dev force, but it shouldn't be as hard as developing a whole new thing like the Guild Battlegrounds, as stated by @Aonply77 why don't you extend Guild Expedition with Guild Battlegrounds, you won't need new button for it, same button giving at the opening a choice between Expedition & Battleground, and boom both functions in 1 Guild Event button... leaving you room to put few developers to fix the GvG code, I know, @Panacea stated it's a mess, I know you guys don't want to go deep but then -- please -- just add new maps... most patriarch players in this game are only coming here for GvG, the farming in city gets boring & repetitive, GvG gives a meaning to the game... Please, consider doing something (and prove me wrong of feeling like I'm wasting my time even trying to type this). Thank you...

Algona

Feankly INNO, you blew it.

You've asked for feedback and suggestions on Guild Battlegrounds and you didn't give us enough information on GBG to make any reasonable suggestions.

Instead because you did discuss GvG in the Announcement without first clearly stating that you would be addressing some problems of GvG, this thread turned into a morass of GvG discussion and argument.

Lock this thread, but keep it as a monument to remind you of how not to approach this sort of discussion in the future.

Post a new Announcement solely about GBG with a lot more detail on the mechanics and costs of GBG, then start a new thread asking for suggestions. Then have the Mod staff stand by and promptly delete all off topic posts including anything having to do with GvG.

You night actually get useful feedback on GBG.

There is one great spinoff of this thread, there have been a LOT of ideas on what to do with GvG. Bridle that runaway horse!

In a second Announcement ask players for feedback and suggestions on GvG. Yes, I understand what you at INNO think; you stated thatt clearly, but 5% of your player base, that would be 15,000 players, play GvG and collectively have millions of hours experience and because there are a hell of a lot more of us then you maybe we can come up with some ideas that may help. Same thing, have the mod staff zealously watch that thread and nip all off topic posts and useless arguments in the bud.

This way you will get one thing you want: useful feedback on Guild Battlegrounds and you might get some useful ideas for GvG.

Or I suppose you can try to get something out of this thread, Good luck with that.

----------

Speaking of trying to get something useful out of this thread...

When this thread started I anticipated a high SNR. So as I read every post if there was an interesting GBG question I copied it. I had also intended to copy over any interesting suggestions regarding GBG as well.

I've copied 6 questions. I haven't seen one suggestion but as noted, that's your fault, INNO.

You;ve got a wonderful opportunity to learn a lesson here and apply it immediately by starting over. This time, do it right, INNO.

Vandelizer

Instead of adding a new layer, why don't you fix parts of the game not working right first?

For example:
Where is the close button for when you successfully complete a negotiation?
When trying to figure out where to move ranged units and how far they can shoot, the color the tiles change too is difficult too see. Some time ago this was changed and was not so difficult back then.

Something that would be use full too all: You have a button to add all guild members as recipients to messages, Have another too add all friends. When trying to complete daily challenges or event quests this can come in handy.

DeletedUser23634

why dont you fix what we have already we had problems with gvg from the begining instead of trying to fix it you added ge the tavern house now some vicking stuff and now you wont to add more it seems evey couple weeks you are doing events turning this game into a money machine you added new ages but no maps guilds are fiulled with usless goods you have been trying to get rid of gvg since you strated it maybe if you fix what is already there people would be more into it most guilds are running thin withh all this stuff goin on founders are stressed out trying to keep the people going adding more will add more stress to the game if you added the missing maps gvg would explode again look at this thread here your players are talking and are upset we have been begging you for years to add maps and fix gvg but we get ignored then you are saying we are onley 5 percent well thats because you wont listen and fix it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26660

why dont you fix what we have already we had problems with gvg from the begining instead of trying to fix it you added ge the tavern house now some vicking stuff and now you wont to add more it seems evey couple weeks you are doing events turning this game into a money machine you added new ages but no maps guilds are fiulled with usless goods you have been trying to get rid of gvg since you strated it maybe if you fix what is already there people would be more into it most guilds are running thin withh all this stuff goin on founders are stressed out trying to keep the people going adding more will add more stress to the game if you added the missing maps gvg would explode again look at this thread here your players are talking and are upset we have been begging you for years to add maps and fix gvg but we get ignored then you are saying we are onley 5 percent well thats because you wont listen and fix it

Wow....that has to be the longest sentence I have ever read, and without a full stop at the end may be set to increase further :)

Godly Luke

My ELA teacher would be PISSED! LOL

saknika

I suppose... here's a question for those IN THE KNOW:
The live Q&A happening tomorrow, is it going to have a working model of the GBG? I have too much going on so I won't be able to attend it in real-time and have to watch after the fact (pity, I'd like to participate), but if it is going to show a working model it might help those of us who aren't really sure/on the fence on this form a better idea so we could offer more constructive feedback.

RazorbackPirate

2. I'm not excited about yet another element of the game that creates a resource drain on a guild but i am intrigued by the idea. A battleground where members can use the same style or combination of styles used to complete GE on their own time and according to their strengths is an excellent idea. It also appears it will require deeper strategic effort similar to what can be found in GvG plus broader scale-ability than just working to get to 64 in a week.
As someone who can't participate in GvG, your first sentence is a concern for me. So far those of you who can and do GvG have been able use my guild good contributions and treasury donations to fund your GvG play. Which means your current level of GvG play, and your current territory holdings are dependent on the current volume of goods available, including my goods.

Quite honestly, most 'hard core' GvG players are lazy about goods production, many having never quite figured it out, building cities under the mantra, 'Learn to fight and you won't need goods.' That's why we heard so many complaints from GvG folks when DC and events added manual guild goods contributions, forced GE and C-map negotiations, goods collections and trading, but nary a peep when they added direct battles. All complaining about how goods were expensive, limited, and that's why they invested in their A/D GBs, so they didn't have to produce goods. Many GvGers just skip any DC that includes goods.

Once GBG rolls out, my expectation is that I'll be able to use my guild goods and treasury donations to fund my GBG play. This means you can no longer depend on your 'farmers' to supply you goods. You'll either have to fill the coming goods deficit yourself, or come to grips with the loss of territory. You GvG folks will have to figure it out for yourselves, but for me, the only option NOT available is continued use of my goods to fund your GvG play.
I'm curious to see if this feature is adopted by guilds who then ignore GE or attempt to work multiple fronts. will it be comparable to time/effort required to complete GE meaning to do well in both, players will need to find double the time and resources to commit?
- will the prize system meet or exceed the investment cost of effort?
- will ToR recognize battleground effort?
- will this be such a large departure from the current game for players with years invested to render any portion of prior advancement null or will it complement prior strategic efforts?
How is this different than now? My GvG guild has a required GE minimum to complete level 3, in competitive weeks, it means 64/64 by Thursday. All 58 members, or they won't remain members. We give no warning, we give no grace, you're always welcome back, but you're gone. Regardless, I complete 64/64 weekly for the rewards I earn for me. I join a guild serious about GE because I want to be with like minded people, and I want my maximum effort to be matched with their maximum effort, so we all gain maximum benefit for our maximum effort from and for the guild.

- Randomly popping 5 FPs for a successful battle or negotiation is good enough for me. I can't play GvG now, and one reason why I expect to use my guild goods for my play.
- ToR is for GE. If you read the announcement, GBG will have a special building for our cities, with fragments for unlimited upgrades earned from GBG. Another reason why I expect to use my guild goods to fund my play. Since fragments earned are tied to success on the GBG map, I also expect my guild mates to put in maximum efforts for maximum rewards, just as we expect from each other now with GE.
- How can it? Any investments you've made to battle or to produce goods will apply directly to GBG. Any talk otherwise is wrong.

Honestly, other than liking what you like, I see no reason why guilds will not seek to excel in GBG as they did in GvG. I see no way out for most GvG guilds. They either pursue excellence in GBG and continue GvG if they want and can afford to, or they lose the majority of their players to guilds who do. You'll keep some dead wood, but anyone serious about their game will take their resources to a guild where they can use them in GBG to their benefit.
...and just as important: - why are we hearing about it here instead of being invited to come test it out on beta before getting everyone up in arms over something that doesn't yet exist?
To soften the blow. To get GvG players to come to grips with what's happening now, so they might give GBG a fair shake later. To let you get it all out, and realize that GvG will not be changed, not be improved, will get no new maps, now or ever. It will stay as is, no changes, for as long as anyone wants to play it, but most importantly, to let you know now that they've moved onto something new, hoping you'll consider doing the same, but leaving it there if you don't.

I think a discussion leaders of GvG guilds need to have is the risk of alienating loyal guild members by NOT pursuing GBG. You guys are all worried if Inno can survive without your diamonds, I think the bigger question for leadership, is can your guild survive without me and my goods? Count your members who play GvG and the members who don't. Then calculate their goods contributions and calculate the loss. Translate that loss to your holdings in GvG and the loss of those members to the overall health of the guild.

This is why they're telling you now, so you can decide and prepare. If you want to see it on Beta when it first appears to give input based on your GvG experience, now's the time to start your city to build it up to give it a go. Personally, I'd like to see serious GvG players test GBG and give input on Beta, I just don't think they can. I can't see any of the posters here trying GBG on Beta and giving any other feedback than, "It's not like GvG, you're making a mistake, you're killing the game." That helps no one.

That's why now. To let you know it's time to move on, so when it's time to move on, you can move on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I suppose... here's a question for those IN THE KNOW:
The live Q&A happening tomorrow, is it going to have a working model of the GBG? I have too much going on so I won't be able to attend it in real-time and have to watch after the fact (pity, I'd like to participate), but if it is going to show a working model it might help those of us who aren't really sure/on the fence on this form a better idea so we could offer more constructive feedback.
I doubt there will be a working model, although they might have some sort of mock-up of some of the concepts. Since it is a 'work in progress' and they are asking for suggestions, any working model would likely not look like the final product.

(I'm not sure if I'm speaking as a player or moderator here. Maybe just as Steve.)

saknika

I doubt there will be a working model, although they might have some sort of mock-up of some of the concepts. Since it is a 'work in progress' and they are asking for suggestions, any working model would likely not look like the final product.

(I'm not sure if I'm speaking as a player or moderator here. Maybe just as Steve.)
That mock-up is exactly what I'd like to see. Something to give a better feel and idea for what they're currently envisioning, so that it's easier to give constructive feedback. :) More than the few screen shots in the current post that don't really show the functionality they're thinking of implementing.

Kind of like when you're designing something specific for someone. They give you some ideas, you do a sketch, they offer feedback, you alter the sketch, more feedback, more altering until such time as you reach something suitable.

It might just be because I'm a fairly visual person though, so I learn better when I can see/picture it. Reading about it only does so much in my case. I know not all are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.