• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40378

No, you misread that. They found a few places where they can improve the current system, likely streamline the code, they'll do that, then GvG is done. Put a pin in it. Don't ask for changes, don't ask for maps, don't ask for a use of goods after FE. Put a pin in it, put it on a shelf, GvG is in the can. You can continue to play as long as you want, but after this next spit and polish update, GvG will be left to rust away, until it becomes the forgotten toy.

No. Not an option. I'm not running crappy software on my phone to have a crappy experience on my phone. Homie don't play that way. Besides, I'm on the West Coast, so homie can't play that way.

This elitist BS, is another reason why I've not wanted to join your reindeer games. Don't call me a poor, casual player, or seek to imply that someone on mobile is a poor, casual player. Screw you and the Champ you rode in on.

Only time will tell. Seems like most strong guilds dominating GvG aren't interested in a, "new system for the poor, casual, mobile players" that's, "a waste of programming time." No. You'll never lower yourself to the level of the 'common' player to engage in GBG. My question to you is how will you GvG without the 'common' players goods? Seems GBG is the populist revolt against the bourgeoisie and it sounds like the bourgeoisie don't like it.

Interesting, cause in March you stated that you run the HTML5 client? Directly from your post: "I've been using HTML5 shortly after it's introduction. One update forced me back to Flash for a few days, but whatever issue there was got fixed quickly and I've been running it since. I've even run Flash and HTML5 side by side in each of my cities and just to see the difference in performance and there was none. At least not enough to pick one over the other so it's been HTML5 ever since. I honestly can't understand the issues some report, I've never seen anything close to what's been reported. I just write it off to people generally hating change."

So, you have the ability to GVG, you choose not to, even though you claim that you want to. Stop misrepresenting yourself to try to make a point. Speak from facts. You can't ride 2 horses with 1 ass.

DeletedUser23634

PLEASE NOTE: We want to hear your feedback regarding GvG and the new Guild Battlegrounds. However, I must ask that we remain civil. No bashing of others, no attacking. Any off topic posts may be removed. You are the best players of the best game around. Let's please act like it.
well when your moderator calls me a liar insults me then toorments me and a another moderator delets my post and threaten to throw me out you have a problem here toss me out of your forums your moderators are 1 sided im done with all of this good luck

DeletedUser40378

Hi Panacea, thanks for clarifying that you are looking for feedback regarding GvG AND the new Guild Battlegrounds. Some folks feel as though GvG shouldn't be brought up.

As for me, I enjoy GvG on the chances I get to participate, I really wish there were more maps as it's a shame to see all the OF/AF/VF goods go to waste. I'll try out this battleground thing, sounds like it could be fun. Please do not replace GvG with this though, and strongly consider adding the new maps to GvG so that the hard-core GvG players (of which I am not) can continue to enjoy the game the way they like.

DeletedUser4770

To be honest, the Game Developers were clear that nothing else will be done for GvG but if players want to take their time and effort to provide additional insight, let them as this will be one of the last times GvG is addressed.

Also, there are FAQ and answers on the Announcement page and will be updated. There's no need to go searching other forums for answers as we'll all get the same information. (Thanks to the EN forum and LadyMarlena.)
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds.26088/#post-255970

DeletedUser26660

If treasury goods are needed for the new Battlegrounds as well as existing GvG then it occurs to me that some guilds may well struggle to play both scenarios due to a lack of goods, so maybe a rethink is needed with this? How about using the production of certain era troops to acquire various sectors...maybe look outside the box??

mamboking053

I think once BETA gives it a go a lot more people will end up liking it.

From what I read, it seems like GBG offers more of a skill-based set-up while also making it accessible to even the smallest guilds to join AND profit from in some way- personally and as a guild.

Instancing the game, removing the ability to keep sectors indefinitely, and tiering the opposition are all really good moves.

I do think there should be a rising cost for goods, but I also might not yet understand exactly how they'll be used...

mamboking053

If treasury goods are needed for the new Battlegrounds as well as existing GvG then it occurs to me that some guilds may well struggle to play both scenarios due to a lack of goods, so maybe a rethink is needed with this? How about using the production of certain era troops to acquire various sectors...maybe look outside the box??

No one's forcing them to play both. If they don't have enough goods to play both than they aren't at a level to play both.

DeletedUser26660

No one's forcing them to play both. If they don't have enough goods to play both than they aren't at a level to play both.
Didn't say they were forcing them to play both, just stating a fact that may have been overlooked and suggesting an alternative with using troops instead of goods.

saknika

GBG could kill off GvG.
I think that the developers are, in some way, hoping that GBG will be suitable to those who love GvG as a replacement. I know a lot of hardcore GvGers are against this idea, and are outright saying so, but I remain open-minded that with the right setup it could be on-par. What I'm hearing right now doesn't seem to have the same sparkle as GvG, but I'm open-minded.

DeletedUser19681

my .02, even though I doubt it counts for much...

- More people would likely use GVG if it actually functioned properly.
- Adding content before fixing whats broken seems a recipe for more bugs.
- The All Ages map is a joke. At least make it so you cant use Bronze age units... there is no bronze age GVG map, afterall.
- The main reason Ive kept up with this game (and purchased diamonds in the past) was for GVG. Improving my city to be a better fighter and all that.
- The new battlegrounds seems interesting, but I dont need another "job" to do in the game, I just would like whats there to work like it should.

Curious if more people use gvg or settlements... seems Im in the rare group that do both ;)

qaccy

@Liberty While you're looking to try policing the moderators, it should be pointed out that it was never really mentioned before this point that GvG feedback was strictly on-topic here. The GBG announcement and the title of this thread specifically asks for feedback on GBG. You should also keep this in mind:

To be honest, the Game Developers were clear that nothing else will be done for GvG but if players want to take their time and effort to provide additional insight, let them as this will be one of the last times GvG is addressed.

So while we may be free to talk about GvG here, do so knowing that there isn't really much point other than getting your thoughts out into the open. Seems like it'd be more worthwhile to discuss GBG instead, wouldn't you agree?

DeletedUser26660

It would be more worthwhile to have something we can actually view to discuss about GBG rather than a few sentences describing it.

DeletedUser10789

This is why your post was off topic and why it was removed. This thread is asking for feedback on the information provided about Battlefields. They've stated that GvG will not go away, they'll give it one last spit and polish, then set it aside. All future development will be for Battlefields.

Your posts have all been about what you want Inno to do to fix and change GvG, which they've already stated, they're not doing. If you've mentioned Battlefialds at all, it's been to say how you don't want them or why it's the wrong direction. Hence your posts are off topic.

So instead of asking them to send back the train that's already left the station, why don't you instead provide feedback consistent with the thread. "Hey GvGers, given your expertise and love for the old train, can you give us your feedback and ideas on how to improve our design for the new train. Based on the issues and limitations of the old train design, this is what the new design looks like so far, help us improve the new design."

Stop posting about how they should change the old train, why you like the old train, and why you want Inno to get more people to board the old train. Inno will not be improving the old train. They'll just keep it in service as long as people keep riding it. In the meantime, help them improve the evolving design of the new train.

If your posts are not about the new train, the posts are off topic.
Off Topic, yet your posts are still here. Further, if you read after those first two sentences you would see that I addressed the GBG (Guild Battleground) aspect of the game, but clearly there are some over there who just want to censor my posts and remove them for obvious reasons. 75% of the posts on this thread speak about GvG, yet I am the ONLY player who's posts are removed. SELECTIVE Enforcement, typical. HQ notified.

Bring out the GBG to beta and let us test them for further feedback. They should count towards a guilds overall ranking and score. Each player in the guild should be capped daily to prevent abuse of being the only player in said guild who does the GBG and therefore promotes the guild into all contributing. Now remove this post for what reasons.? I answered your feedback questions, if you do not like it, that's fine. This is my feedback.

RazorbackPirate

Interesting, cause in March you stated that you run the HTML5 client? Directly from your post: "I've been using HTML5 shortly after it's introduction. One update forced me back to Flash for a few days, but whatever issue there was got fixed quickly and I've been running it since. I've even run Flash and HTML5 side by side in each of my cities and just to see the difference in performance and there was none. At least not enough to pick one over the other so it's been HTML5 ever since. I honestly can't understand the issues some report, I've never seen anything close to what's been reported. I just write it off to people generally hating change."

So, you have the ability to GVG, you choose not to, even though you claim that you want to. Stop misrepresenting yourself to try to make a point. Speak from facts. You can't ride 2 horses with 1 ass.
I play on PC which has the technical ability to access GvG, but being on the West Coast, trying to make recalc as I'm wrapping up my business day and transitioning into my family life is darn near impossible, and since those priorities come first, I don't even try to make recalc. I'm busy with my priorities. I don't care if you don't like that.

I also play on my phone as needed when I'm out and about. I generally reserve that to emptying my tavern or resetting Settlement production, spending FPs since playing on my phone generally sucks. So, even if I were mobile only, and lived on the East Coast, I still wouldn't download Puffin to play FoE on a crappy browser on my phone.

You may think it's an acceptable solution, but you you're not the one having to download and use a crappy phone browser. So no. Don't have unreasonable expectations then make others wrong because they won't meet the unreasonable expectations you've set for them.

Now with Battlefields, it makes your whole solution moot anyway. Now everyone can play phone or browser at whatever time fits into their life. The future looks bright. I might need shades.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23634

I play on PC which has the technical ability to access GvG, but being on the West Coast, trying to make recalc as I'm wrapping up my business day and transitioning into my family life is darn near impossible, and since those priorities come first, I don't even try to make recalc. I'm busy with my priorities. I don't care if you don't like that.

I also play on my phone as needed when I'm out and about. I generally reserve that to emptying my tavern or resetting Settlement production, spending FPs since playing on my phone generally sucks. So, even if I were mobile only, and lived on the East Coast, I still wouldn't download Puffin to play FoE on a crappy browser on my phone.

You may think it's an acceptable solution, but you you're not the one having to download and use a crappy phone browser. So no. Don't have unreasonable expectations then make others wrong because they won't meet the unreasonable expectations you've set for them.

Now with Battlefields, it makes your whole solution moot anyway. Now everyone can play phone or browser at whatever time fits into their life. The future looks bright. I might need shades.
you heve great teacher pops is a good gvg fighter ask him to load up LMA troops to fight in your age and fight with you trust me you will have a ball

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberty

Inno, for GvG:

1. Add maps for AF, Ocean and VF.
2. Give Founders the rights to drop how ever many sectors they want per day.
3. Add back in the nightly damage at calc to defensive armies near water and rocks.

We all know other things need to be done, but I'm betting the GvG players would be so thrilled if you would do only those 3 things, that they would be willing to wait until next year for some of the other problems to be fixed.

If you really want to stir up things, start clearing all the GvG maps every 6 months and let people start anew. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.