• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Improvements Update - Random Units When Freeing Sectors

DeletedUser37497

Hello Kings and Queens,

This thread is for questions and feedback relating to the changes introduced to GvG, with random units filling released sectors. You can find the announcement here.

Thanks
Richard

Agent327

To give a little more detail for how this works on the All Age Map. When you release a sector, the sector will be filled with random units from the era of the released units. For example, if the sector had 5 EMA units and 3 LMA units when released, it would be replaced with 3 random LMA units, and 5 random EMA units.

You do know that you might as well leave the original units in the first place. Replacing them does not make any difference.

On a site note, what age are rogues, drummers and color guards?

DeletedUser

You do know that you might as well leave the original units in the first place. Replacing them does not make any difference.

On a site note, what age are rogues, drummers and color guards?
It does make a difference. This effectively ends Champ farming. And it avoids the unintended side effect on the AA map of ending up with all Mars units, which the original change they contemplated would have had.

Agent327

Now you're just being argumentative to no point. Stop it.

No I am not and even if I am, aren't arguments part of a discussion? Isn't feedback using arguments to bring your point accross? Are you limiting the feedback you are allowed to give?

All I need to do is contact an adjacent Guild and make an agreement we will Champ farm eachothers sectors. Don't tell me that is not going to happen. Besides that even when I continue the old way, I might not be able to Champ farm, but I can still farm. Will get less points, but so do all others so it does not change a thing

DeletedUser30935

So instead of point farming champs, which I am not sure why people see as a problem, people will be able to farm the sector multiple times a day when it goes to multiple recalcs.

Emberguard

Unless champs are removed from play (terrible idea) then there’s the possibility of farming them if you can find a hex with Champs.

Agent327

Unless champs are removed from play (terrible idea) then there’s the possibility of farming them if you can find a hex with Champs.

You can create one if you want to. Say we are in two different Guilds and our Guilds have a border we share. I fill a hex with Champs and you do the same. After that you take my hex and I take yours and we just keep doing this. It's as easy as that.

RazorbackPirate

You can create one if you want to. Say we are in two different Guilds and our Guilds have a border we share. I fill a hex with Champs and you do the same. After that you take my hex and I take yours and we just keep doing this. It's as easy as that.
Be sure to let us know how that goes.

*Arturis*

A step in the right direction. Why don’t you remove the shielded tower, might the best guild hold the most sectors right before calculation win. That way GvG will be much more dynamic than the static concept of shielded tower. That would solve the problem of to many fighting after reset, but move it to before reset and spread out during the time between calculations. Oh yeah more fighting for you war mongers out there lol.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Why don’t you remove the shielded tower, might the best guild hold the most sectors right before calculation win.
That's not going to solve recalc lag. That'd at best keep the exact same status quo and at worst increase the lag. No point in fighting during the day at all if only reset counts due to no protection

If there were no shields it'd need to award points just for taking a hex and then give points based on time elapsed rather then just recalc. Otherwise good luck getting anything if you're not THE top guild

*Arturis*

That's not going to solve recalc lag. That'd at best keep the exact same status quo and at worst increase the lag. No point in fighting during the day at all if only reset counts due to no protection

If there were no shields it'd need to award points just for taking a hex and then give points based on time elapsed rather then just recalc. Otherwise good luck getting anything if you're not THE top guild
Not true, fighting will take place more between reset, if you are holding lands you need to fight during the day to keep your border and only defend the outermost hexes before calculation.