• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Triopoly Champion

Wow, done at a measly 180% Tuck? Me thinks you were too busy mining Alabaster and not enough time leveling up your great buildings.
Thanks, same for your measly 4,700+ battle counts in Mount Killmore.

If you can beat those 180% boosted enemies in Guild Battleground daily, don't negotiate, reaching 10k+ should be possible within several months.

I'll keep my eyes intact to the Global Rank Info.

Algona

Extremely dissatisfied with the gator grounds !! One guild was able to totally dominate most of the map!! Makes my guild ready to quite the battle grounds completely!!! ( Ark of war in Rugnir).
So if this how battle grounds continues we're out !!

I !!!!! Think !! you!!!!!!!!!! should!!!! Maybe! Consider! fighting!!!! Back!! ! !!!! ! !!

!

Or maybe join a good Guild? Try diplomacy and allies?

Nah, just go ahead and quit after less then 24 hours. Who needs can-do attitude when can-give-up is available.

Algona

Wow, done at a measly 180% Tuck? Me thinks you were too busy mining Alabaster and not enough time leveling up your great buildings.

I think you made it onto tucker's MORTAL ENEMY list. You'll want to post here:

then I'll show you the secret handshake and the club sub forum.

Then you can sit back and marvel, scoff, pity, laugh with the rest of his MORTAL ENEMIES as tucker finds new mundane and mediocre in game tasks to brag about.

Aside from that and the Thursday night spaghetti feed, there's not a lot else to being on his MORTAL ENEMY list.

Meanwhile, back on topic:

I like GBG.

DeletedUser40996

not likeing battle grounds at all everyone in guild is just clicking away starting fights and dont know what they are doing foe needs to put a stop to this and have guild members with leader rights only to start a fight not just anyone in guild ... very dissapointing again inno bad call
Maybe they need a thread so they can get organized . And why should the players need anyone to tell them they can or can't start a "fight" you still need the whole guild participating to capture any sectors

Fooo

Tavern attack boost yes
Tavern extra turn no
Diamond extra turn yes

There's been a lot of discussion with InnoGames on Beta about the tavern extra turn. Tavern extra turn would unbalance current GBG negotiations, making it hard to justify 2 advances per negotiation. Tavern extra turn isn't going to happen.
With only 3 turns negotiation is a game of luck with almost no strategy. Solving GE by negotiation is fun, in GBG it's pure frustration.

Myrddindau

I am very disappointed with two different aspects of the Battleground which have many of my guild members (mostly mobile players who are supposed to be the target audience of the BG) voicing their intent to avoid or only minimally engage in the Battleground.

First, although we are a very active and successful guild in the GE and were consequently placed in the Gold League, we only have a total 11 members. However, we are paired against guilds that are 3 to 5 time larger than our guild which provides them with a distinct advantage (see comment below regarding attrition). Although this may eventually "work itself out" as guilds will be reassigned based on performance, it seems that the postings related to this issue in beta are still ongoing (I remember how long it took for Innogames to realign the neighborhoods a number of years ago). The future match-ups in the BG should be based on guild size (similar to the GE) so that each guild has relatively the same number participants.

Second, since the number of battles needed to conquer a province are relatively fix (unless a guild adds a special building), combined with "attrition," this tends to place smaller guilds at an extreme disadvantage even fighting against larger, less active guilds. It simply becomes a question of math: 100 battles per sector divided by (the number of guild members x ~40 fights/negotiation per member). The only real variable in this equation is the size of the guild (assuming guilds have the same percentage of active participants). Unless Innogames realigns the leagues based on size (and then activity of the guild), and/or eliminates attrition so that smaller guilds can leverage their very active members, the BG is really geared toward large guilds.

BTW, this is only the second or third time I felt compelled to post a comment to the Forum in almost five years (next month) of playing FoE across multiple worlds.

DeletedUser11323

Question: what determines, how many buildings we can construct in the province? We own a province, but only one building is constructed and the system already says, that all slots have been used.

DeletedUser37581

Just out of curiosity, @Merlin II , how would you expect to see guilds sorted by size? Does a guild of 1 get matched against a guild of 2? A guild of 2 against a guild of 3? 3 against 5? 5 against 10? 10 against 20? How many different bins are there? 80? 50?

And are you willing to accept that all small guilds (say, under size 10) get copper league rewards - regardless of how strong they are? While guilds of size 65 or more always diamond league rewards - regardless of how many members participate? Or how do you see it work? It's one thing to say "match by size" but unless you can come up with an alternative structure to the entire feature, it doesn't help much.

And it wouldn't matter anyway - the complaints would still come rolling in.

DeletedUser37581

Question: what determines, how many buildings we can construct in the province? We own a province, but only one building is constructed and the system already says, that all slots have been used.
Each province has a set number of slots. Anywhere from 0 to 3.

DeletedUser37581

ok, so how can I know in advance, how many slots the province contains?
Click on the province, then click on Building. It will show you the buildings that are already there, or outlines for empty building slots.

DeletedUser11323

W
Click on the province, then click on Building. It will show you the buildings that are already there, or outlines for empty building slots.
Will have to check out after new province is taken. But I already could see improvement here - there should be better indications how many slots province contains and how many are taken. Currently it's a bit unclear.

DeletedUser35836

Loving Guild Battlegrounds so far. 2 things that are badly needed - 1) there needs to be a log to indicate which players are attacking or negotiating certain tiles and 2) there needs to be a chat within GBG

DeletedUser11323

Loving Guild Battlegrounds so far. 2 things that are badly needed - 1) there needs to be a log to indicate which players are attacking or negotiating certain tiles and 2) there needs to be a chat within GBG
Agree. Log and chat is need, cross-platform. Or maybe GBG leaders could set markings on some provinces, which would indicate for guildies what to attack.

Consider this. Guild size is not an accurate measure of how well a guild will perform in Battlegrounds. Most guilds have members who are not going to participate. The initial ranking is based on three factors - guild size, and the last two weeks performance in GE and GvG. And that means that it's possible for a smaller guild with a high competitive spirit to be matched with guilds of larger size but less competitiveness.

But going forward, only placements in Battlegrounds will affect how guilds get matched.
I have to agree with what is said about this, you can't possibly expect somebody with 30 members to be able to compete with a larger Guild and to have someone say that maybe you should join a better Guild as preposterous... Some of us don't want to be in a gigantic Guild. We like things the way they are and we do well. However when you consider the amount of resources that Battlegrounds takes then you should at least make it a Level Playing Field.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Agree. Log and chat is need, cross-platform. Or maybe GBG leaders could set markings on some provinces, which would indicate for guildies what to attack.
Personally disagree about the log, fine as it is. Create a guild thread to organize attacks, and if you want to give guidance, do one attack or negotiation in a province to set a flag.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thanks, same for your measly 4,700+ battle counts in Mount Killmore.

If you can beat those 180% boosted enemies in Guild Battleground daily, don't negotiate, reaching 10k+ should be possible within several months.

Cool, since I have never done a single GvG battle in Mt. Killmore, I think I am in fine stead with nearly 5k battles to date. I'm sure that 10k battles won't take all that long as I approach 300 unboosted attack.

I battled to 220 yesterday before switching back to negotiation, and did nearly 100 of those total. Today I will start with battles instead of negotiation, so the attrition doesn't hit as fast. It was a bit steep in prior age goods, but didn't dent my current age goods at all. Just didn't feel a need to brag about it.

Have fun watching.

Last edited: