• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Graviton

Just as the suggestions for a log and suggestions for guild leader control have been conflated, now the argument against controls is being characterized as "anarchy". It doesn't have to be. The point being made is that guilds can handle communication and coordination using messages and guild chat, and manage rogue members on their own with warnings and kickings. Many of those asking for controls are in tightly-managed guilds, it's a safe bet that they already communicate and coordinate well. If not, then GBG may help them improve.

I understand the desire for a control mechanism because it makes the above easier. However, it could severely limit the participation of members, depending on how many players have permission and when they're available. If it's not the default setting then I guess I wouldn't be opposed to implementing it.

However, I maintain that a log would eliminate the need for controls, and I predict we'll get one before long. I think everybody needs to breathe for a minute and remember this is the first season of a brand-new feature. There are going to be short-term rough spots.

Algona

We need to organize somehow and make the majority heard.

I <3 this. Absolutely fabulous that you want to organize and make the 'majority' (you really want the majority, the 95% of players who don;t do GvG to be heard about any topic?) heard. For what purpose? To organize GBG so that the majority must do exactly as they are told just like in GvG,

Your attempt to do so in the forum will meet with the same failure that others who have tried that trick. (Yup, some GvG cnetric Guild tries that trick every 3-6 months.) if you ask nicely, I'll even tell you how they failed, why they failed, and how to make it work,

You won't ask,because like so many before you. so many phenomenal FoE players, you think expertise in FoE translates to other arenas. Arrogance is fine, misplaced it's always a liability.

I'd love to know how a guild where "anyone can do whatever pleases him/her" could ever have a chance of winning.

Mu Guild has no rules in GvG, we don't have GE participation rules, we don;t even enforce the few rules we o have very often.

We've been top 10 in our world, the current GBG has us matched against 5 top 10 Guilds, we routinely take Gold in GEC.

I guess I need to take a cue from the peanut gallery and start slamming comments you all make that I disagree with. It seems I'm supposed to play a king of the castle and hold my opinion above all others and rarely be interested in listening to any debate.

Start? You've been the snotty arrogant for no reason poster since you started posting in this thread.

I'd like to refer you to this from a while back:

The final part about you trying to dictate what should happen in this thread is hysterical in light of Havoc's snip above.

Once a control freak, always a control freak.

Raymora

I will agree with the last sentence: "The ones placed wrong cause to[sic] much confusion later". But it doesn't support your premise. Why should leaders be able to delete these? Why should you have that right? War is hell. Mistakes happen....learn how to deal with it.
In war you don't set a flag where to shoot. Someone is in charge and selects a target. If troops get spooked and start shooting at a deer in the bushes, the leader takes charge and stops the men. If once heard shooting, an enemy comes after the, the leader regroups the men to start attack on the enemy. The leader in battle controls the equivalent of our flag placed on a province.

The problem is the flag never disappears from the previous targets and every new member that comes along will shoot at the same deer over and over. We need the ability to control the target.

Don't give the communicate answer in all caps again. It's not valid. The flag on the province is waving to players who come on and the message from the game is clear - "shoot here, shoot here!"

DeletedUser40858

I <3 this. Absolutely fabulous that you want to organize and make the 'majority' (you really want the majority, the 95% of players who don;t do GvG to be heard about any topic?) heard. For what purpose? To organize GBG so that the majority must do exactly as they are told just like in GvG,

Your attempt to do so in the forum will meet with the same failure that others who have tried that trick. (Yup, some GvG cnetric Guild tries that trick every 3-6 months.) if you ask nicely, I'll even tell you how they failed, why they failed, and how to make it work,

You won't ask,because like so many before you. so many phenomenal FoE players, you think expertise in FoE translates to other arenas. Arrogance is fine, misplaced it's always a liability.

Mu Guild has no rules in GvG, we don't have GE participation rules, we don;t even enforce the few rules we o have very often.

We've been top 10 in our world, the current GBG has us matched against 5 top 10 Guilds, we routinely take Gold in GEC.

Start? You've been the snotty arrogant for no reason poster since you started posting in this thread.

The final part about you trying to dictate what should happen in this thread is hysterical in light of Havoc's snip above.

I'm all ears. Tell me how

DeletedUser40858

Exactly the design of Battlegrounds. The best guilds will move to the top and win. Some leaders will rise to the challenge and succeed, some won't.

I can't support giving guild leaders a digital fence simply because they can't corral their members. If you're a true leader, people will follow and few will go rogue. If you rogue members won't follow the leader of guild, then the leader is failing to lead. Don't ask Inno to add tools to overcome your leadership abilities.

Banana
Yes I'm asking for tools to make the job reasonable not easy. It's a battle situation and rank and following rank is everything. Just like everything else in the game. They have to have right to even open GE. But you will say it cost goods and can stop abuse. Rogue flags are abuse. Its guild battlegrounds not player battlegrounds.

In war you don't set a flag where to shoot. Someone is in charge and selects a target. If troops get spooked and start shooting at a deer in the bushes, the leader takes charge and stops the men. If once heard shooting, an enemy comes after the, the leader regroups the men to start attack on the enemy. The leader in battle controls the equivalent of our flag placed on a province.

The problem is the flag never disappears from the previous targets and every new member that comes along will shoot at the same deer over and over. We need the ability to control the target.

Don't give the communicate answer in all caps again. It's not valid. The flag on the province is waving to players who come on and the message from the game is clear - "shoot here, shoot here!"
Then why do we have the ability to delete sieges in gvg. This is guild battlegrounds not player battlegrounds. So the guld needs input on a guild level built into the game just like its built into gvg, GE, thread rights. Or we can just take all those guild rights away and say you should be a better leader lol

DeletedUser

If troops get spooked and start shooting at a deer in the bushes, the leader takes charge and stops the men.
Now you're just being silly. In GBG there are no "deer in the bushes". Every sector is a valid target. Every sector gives rewards for successful battles/negotiations. There are no "wrong" targets. If you don't want your members to attack that sector, just tell them. If they don't listen, you have bigger problems than one rogue attack. About as far as I'd go with this control mentality is logs so you GvGers will know who to kick from the guild. But actual game mechanisms to enforce your GvG mindset in GBG? No way.

Then why do we have the ability to delete sieges in gvg.
This isn't GvG.

DeletedUser40858

I will agree with the last sentence: "The ones placed wrong cause to[sic] much confusion later". But it doesn't support your premise. Why should leaders be able to delete these? Why should you have that right? War is hell. Mistakes happen....learn how to deal with it.
Yes in war leaders can make calls and actually do something about it like actually have the flag taken down. This is a guild battlegrounds not a player battlegrounds. Players can always form guilds to where they dont have leaders taking down flags. If so many players want ot this way then the server should be full of nothing but guilds letting players run amok, because that's what they say the majority wants. I highly doubt that

DeletedUser40858

Now you're just being silly. In GBG there are no "deer in the bushes". Every sector is a valid target. Every sector gives rewards for successful battles/negotiations. There are no "wrong" targets. If you don't want your members to attack that sector, just tell them. If they don't listen, you have bigger problems than one rogue attack. About as far as I'd go with this control mentality is logs so you GvGers will know who to kick from the guild. But actual game mechanisms to enforce your GvG mindset in GBG? No way.

This isn't GvG.
Not true that is they dont listen you have bigger problems. The vast majority of rogue flags are confused players that are not the key strategist and they are just making mistakes. And gvgers are being attacked here just because they play pc. If gvg was on mobile, all these non gvg players would be playing it also. The only thing bringing more people to battlegrounds is that it has mobile access. Not because ots the anti gvg and that's what the people are calling for.

DeletedUser40858

The majority dont play gvg because they are on mobile. Not because they dont like gvg. Your twisting statistics to make it sound favorable to your opinion

DeletedUser40858

You are outraged. Some others (mostly GvGers) are also. But most are not. Even in GvG guilds, it's probably only the leaders who are "outraged". And it makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't cost the guild anything. And as long as they don't have the constructor rights their actions have absolutely no effect on the rest of the guild. And if other members follow their lead despite your clear direction, then you have a guild full of "rogue" players, not just one.
Yes it cost the guild immensely when players who dont understand attack your ally. Yes it cost time and resources to constantly c lil dean up messes from players who now have rights to do to much in GUILD battlegrounds not PLAYER battlegrounds

Kranyar the Mysterious

The majority dont play gvg because they are on mobile. Not because they dont like gvg. Your twisting statistics to make it sound favorable to your opinion
The large majority of PC players don't play GvG either.

While the overall number of GvG players would increase if GvG were available on mobile, the inference you can draw from PC participation is that the large majority of mobile players wouldn't play GvG.

DeletedUser40858

Many people here are talking about "allies", but I don't see such a term used by Inno anywhere in the game and especially in GBG, so guys, in case you are manufacturing your own rules, manufacture a way to impose them on your guild-mates, but don't ask Inno to implement them in their own game.
One of the best features of GBG is that anyone can do whatever pleases him/her and there is no need whatsoever for it to be restricted only to satisfy a bunch of sergeant-minded players who crave to be in control of everything.
These are my 2 cents.
If you dont want to be restricted then form your own guild. You want the ability to control some else's guild and do things that can harm them. Yes the game is designed to have and make friends. I'd like to see a longer never make 1 friend or ally and be successful in foe. Of course it's in the game designe to have to cooperate to excel you dont see those kinds of features? You must not have discovered the friends list and the aid button yet. Yes all multi group wars will always involve allies and inno understands this.

ocshooter

Why is this a GVG discussion at all. people are simply asking for some control to use in a GAME. This is supposed to be fun. I would like to think Inno would want it to be fun. Leaders have control of who can invite, who can write mail, (wow how radical is that free speech and all) why is it such an issue for anyone if some guild want controls to see who laid a flag and to remove one. To many flags split peoples focus. . If you do not want controls, do not use them. I do not see where this, no way we should not have them originates from. If your in a Guild that uses them and its not your thing leave. No one can be made a slave in this game as mentioned a few posts back. leave. If the Guild does not suit you leave. It does not change the feature GUILD VS GUILD not player vs player as also mentioned above if some Guilds would like to use them. Vanilla and Chocolate. This whole discussion is kind of crazy. .. Lets talk about fun stuff like what color is your Guild on the Board. I hear we are Blue, home team is white to us viewing the field..

DeletedUser40858

It cost in battlegrounds as the game is designed to prosper by making friends and allies and now that we spent years forming these friends and allies, some even in RL, now players with less understanding of the game can cause me problems with my friends and allies that I've spent years building. So you say control your guild through the threads. We literally have "special needs" players who cant grasp things on that level. Their needs to be guild level controls to a Guild level battle. This is not player battlegrounds. It does cost. Injuries to alliances that took years building is much more costly to me than the goods in the treasury.

Algona

I'm all ears. Tell me how

Nope. You didn't ask. You commanded.

See the last line of my post although that wasn't a hard prediction.

People who ask for help always get it in this forum. People who demand INNO fix something or complain about something they don't understand, well, they get treated a little differently.

I'll toss in a Scooby snack though. Long term frequent posters share two traits:

We can't help but be knowledgeable (not necessarily expert, just well, knowledgeable)) about FoE. We read everything folk post about the game and then argue incessantly. That's actually important because the process of arguing forces you to understand the other's view, or else you lose the argument. Folks who constantly lose arguments don't post very often. Think of it as evolution in action.

We're insane fanbois, else we would not be here. We all love the game. While we all have aspects of the game we don't like, instead of trying to get INNO to adopt the game to our playstyle, we adopt our playstyle to the game. This is based on an inherent trust that whatever INNO delivers will be good for the game.. Sure INNO makes mistakes, but heck who doesn't?

You got a bunch of knowledgeable rabid fanbois disagreeing with you. Maybe instead of dismissing us, you should be asking why we disagree with you so vehemently on this? Fair warning, you will not like the answer.

Your twisting statistics to make it sound favorable to your opinion

I explicitly deny twisting statisitics. I merely gave one, that 95% of players don't do GvG. I didn't say why, i didn't attach any meaning to the statistic. Tells a lot about you though jow you reacted to a bald statement of fact.

Ask yourself this question, :What happens if INNO takes a vote on whether to continue any allocation of resources to even continue GvG?

INNO won't discontinue GvG and they don't need to do a vote, they already know what people think. Anyone (like say a rabid fanboi like yours truly) who looks at INNO from a purely business perspective will see they have 15+years history of growing revenue and profit. They are damn good at figuring out how to make money. Once you understand that, you will understand why INNO continues with GvG.

But do you really expect 'the majority' who don't do GvG to support GvG? Are you sure you really want the majority of players opining on anything?

RazorbackPirate

Seems like you have some internal guild training to do. You might want to get on that before the next round.
Yes I'm asking for tools to make the job reasonable not easy. It's a battle situation and rank and following rank is everything. Just like everything else in the game. They have to have right to even open GE. But you will say it cost goods and can stop abuse. Rogue flags are abuse. Its guild battlegrounds not player battlegrounds.
Rogue flags are no abuse, they're merely an annoyance. A really big one for you, apparently. Regardless, they've given the needed control over the spending of treasury goods for buildings, as they gave control over opening upper levels of GE for the same reason. Planting a flag costs the guild treasury nothing, so there need be no control.

Yes, I understand you're asking for controls to make your job easier. I don't want your job to be easier. I want your ability to lead effectively, or not lead effectively to be one of the many differentiators that will determine the success of your guild on the battlefield. Step up, or don't. Succeed, or don't. That, my friend, is part of the game.
Then why do we have the ability to delete sieges in gvg. This is guild battlegrounds not player battlegrounds. So the guld needs input on a guild level built into the game just like its built into gvg, GE, thread rights. Or we can just take all those guild rights away and say you should be a better leader lol
Why are you asking about GvG? What you can or cannot do in GvG should have no bearing on GbG. Don't know why those tools are there in GvG, don't care why those tools are there in GvG. All I know is they're there in GvG, and not here in GbG. I like it better this way. It now forces you to gain consensus from your members and not just lock them down to play the only game you'll allow. No more, your way or the highway. That leadership style simply won't cut it in GbG.

It just may be that you are not cut out to lead in GbG. If that's the case, a smart guild leader will turn over the task of leading GbG to someone else in the guild who can actually lead a team who willingly follows them without controls or restrictions.
Yes in war leaders can make calls and actually do something about it like actually have the flag taken down. This is a guild battlegrounds not a player battlegrounds. Players can always form guilds to where they dont have leaders taking down flags. If so many players want ot this way then the server should be full of nothing but guilds letting players run amok, because that's what they say the majority wants. I highly doubt that
You keep calling yourself a leader, yet you don't actually want to lead, you want to control. You don't need tools to lead.
Not true that is they dont listen you have bigger problems. The vast majority of rogue flags are confused players that are not the key strategist and they are just making mistakes. And gvgers are being attacked here just because they play pc. If gvg was on mobile, all these non gvg players would be playing it also. The only thing bringing more people to battlegrounds is that it has mobile access. Not because ots the anti gvg and that's what the people are calling for.
If you have confused players, educate them. That's what actual leaders do. Your ability to do this successfully or not will determine your success in Battlegrounds, or not.
I only play on PC and in almost 2 years of playing, I've never touched GvG and have no plans to. Much of the reason is the 'show up and throw up' mindless nature of it. So, there goes that argument.

In my guild right now, attack decisions are being made by consensus with no 'key strategists.' We all have a voice, we all have a vote, and we all work together as a team. Not because we have to, or are forced to, but because we want to. Maybe that's the core issue? No, 'I' in team?

Last edited:

DeletedUser38162

I hope I can state this clearly enough..
I had noticed that if we take over a sector and it cuts off a bordering sector from another guilds chain of provinces, sometimes the other guild keeps that sector while it is not connected to their chain and sometimes it gets turned over to us. What is happening to make that bordering sector go to us or to them???

Need help understanding, So strategy can be better laid out.

DeletedUser40996

I hope I can state this clearly enough..
I had noticed that if we take over a sector and it cuts off a bordering sector from another guilds chain of provinces, sometimes the other guild keeps that sector while it is not connected to their chain and sometimes it gets turned over to us. What is happening to make that bordering sector go to us or to them???

Need help understanding, So strategy can be better laid out.
Next time see if the isolated sector is under lockdown or not as that's the most likely explanation (IE their 4 hours aren't up when you isolated sector x)

RazorbackPirate

Why is this a GVG discussion at all. people are simply asking for some control to use in a GAME. This is supposed to be fun. I would like to think Inno would want it to be fun. Leaders have control of who can invite, who can write mail, (wow how radical is that free speech and all) why is it such an issue for anyone if some guild want controls to see who laid a flag and to remove one. To many flags split peoples focus. . If you do not want controls, do not use them. I do not see where this, no way we should not have them originates from. If your in a Guild that uses them and its not your thing leave. No one can be made a slave in this game as mentioned a few posts back. leave. If the Guild does not suit you leave. It does not change the feature GUILD VS GUILD not player vs player as also mentioned above if some Guilds would like to use them. Vanilla and Chocolate. This whole discussion is kind of crazy. .. Lets talk about fun stuff like what color is your Guild on the Board. I hear we are Blue, home team is white to us viewing the field..
The reason I don't want to see them is only guilds that can learn to overcome the issue you're trying to control will make it to the top in Battlegrounds. This is as it should be. You want controls to keep you from having to lead by consensus.
It cost in battlegrounds as the game is designed to prosper by making friends and allies and now that we spent years forming these friends and allies, some even in RL, now players with less understanding of the game can cause me problems with my friends and allies that I've spent years building. So you say control your guild through the threads. We literally have "special needs" players who cant grasp things on that level. Their needs to be guild level controls to a Guild level battle. This is not player battlegrounds. It does cost. Injuries to alliances that took years building is much more costly to me than the goods in the treasury.
There are no alliances in GbG. No defense. Only attack. Alliances are meaningless as they can too easily be broken. Seems like you'll need to develop some new skills and new strategies to succeed in the new free for all world of Battlegrounds.

Why can't you're alliance guilds be adult enough to deal with the fact that GvG is one thing and Battlegrounds is another. The free for all that is battlefields in the rounds where you are occasionally matched have nothing to do with the alliance agreements in GvG. In GbG, let the best guild win. See you on the Battlegrounds. Seriously, grow up and learn to compartmentalize.

So, no, I am not in favor of GbG tools that will keep your GvG alliances intact. Personally, I'm in favor of seeing your alliances blow up. This might free up the map for those PC members who would like to play GvG but can never get a toe hold. Finally end the locked up, locked out mentality that has dominated GvG for years.

Last edited: