• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser36572

It’s a bad analogy. The reality is the water is already really deep, and some have massive yachts that they are keeping for themselves while the majority have rowboats that are filling with water. The analogy would be more in line with breaking down the yachts to have medium boats for everyone, not “raising the tide to raise all boats”. Anyone with a bit of knowledge knows you can’t row across the Pacific Ocean in a tiny boat. You’d need a galleon.

It’s not your yatch to break down ... Stop inviting yourself to what isn’t yours to spend thief.

Paying someone the minimum wage will never be more than giving them the minimum. Better will always be more than mediocrity.

DeletedUser36572

That is the most ludicrous statement I have ever seen. And it doesn't even need rebutting because it's so nonsensical and delusional.
If it doesn’t need a rebuttal, then why did you need to use the absence of one in rebuttal?

Your lack of a sufficient rebuttal of any substance is noted.
You are on a roll unicorn hunter ... Say something else that contradicts itself in your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lannister the Rich

If it doesn’t need a rebuttal, then why did you need to use the absence of one in rebuttal?

You are on a roll unicorn hunter.

Saying a rebuttal isn’t needed doesn’t make that statement a rebuttal. It means the previous statement speaks for itself in its own ridiculousness. There is no need to disagree because there was nothing reasonable to agree with from the start. Name calling doesn’t prove your point, either (thief, idiot, unicorn hunter, etc)

DeletedUser36572

You are on a roll unicorn hunter ... Say something else that contradicts itself.

Saying a rebuttal isn’t needed doesn’t make that statement a rebuttal. It means the previous statement speaks for itself in its own ridiculousness. There is no need to disagree because there was nothing reasonable to agree with from the start. Name calling doesn’t prove your point, either (thief, idiot, unicorn hunter, etc)

Well ... Your absence of a rubuttal in rubuttal is also noted.

You are no authority on whether or not it was ridiculous, which goes back to your delusions about your own significance. If you honestly think the rich are are going to be damaged if if you no longer exist ... It begs to question how important you really think you are.

Tell us more about this magical reality where Jeff Bezos give a dang about whether or not lannister the rich kicks the bucket tomorrow.

Lannister the Rich

Well ... Your absence of a rubuttal in rubuttal is also noted.

You are no authority on whether or not it was ridiculous, which goes back to your delusions about your own significance. If you honestly think the rich are are going to be damaged if if you no longer exist ... It begs to question how important you really think you are.

Tell us more about this magical reality where Jeff Bezos give a dang about whether or not lannister the rich kicks the bucket tomorrow.
Did you even understand what I just said? Do I need to say it differently?

Regardless, you want a rebuttal to your ridiculous notion? I’ll charge your ridiculous argument with another and see how you respond. Probably that my argument is ridiculous, let’s see. Without a base of customers, Jeff has no business. Does he care about one person? What a straw man tactic you used there. No, probably not...Should he care about his employees and his customers? Yeah. That’s why he has his money. Without that, packages won’t get to customers and customers won’t buy anything. He won’t get a profit. And without profit, he’ll run out of money.

Praetorius

Regardless, you want a rebuttal to your ridiculous notion? I’ll charge your ridiculous argument with another and see how you respond. Probably that my argument is ridiculous, let’s see. Without a base of customers, Jeff has no business. Does he care about one person? What a straw man tactic you used there. No, probably not...Should he care about his employees and his customers? Yeah. That’s why he has his money. Without that, packages won’t get to customers and customers won’t buy anything. He won’t get a profit. And without profit, he’ll run out of money.
Trying to reason with someone like Razorpirate or Blacksand is like trying to play chess with a pigeon; no matter what move you make they'll just crap on the board and strut about like they won.

DeletedUser36572

I know why Jeff Bezos has money ... I covered that in the statement the other poster was responding to in the first place.

Your continued ridiculous response to your or his failure to comprehend that ... “Someone, somewhere” ... Being happy to receive his investment for the return he requires ... Is in no way restricted to you or your silly notions ... Is still not any kind of rubuttal.

Sorry ... Your not only wrong, you are foolish in your eagerness to argue about something you willfully chose to get wrong simply for the sake of argument.

DeletedUser36572

Trying to reason with someone like Razorpirate or Blacksand is like trying to play chess with a pigeon; no matter what move you make they'll just crap on the board and strut about like they won.

Who is strutting ... Looks like you are joining the band of stutters trying to win something of no value to anything other than your own ego.

But feel free to double down on their mistakes.
They seem to have a soft spot for losers.

Lannister the Rich

I know why Jeff Bezos has money ... I covered that in the statement the other poster was responding to in the first place.

Your continued ridiculous response to your or his failure to comprehend that ... “Someone, somewhere” ... Being happy to receive his investment for the return he requires ... Is in no way restricted to you or your silly notions ... Is still not any kind of rubuttal.

Sorry ... Your not only wrong, you are foolish in your eagerness to argue about something you willfully chose to get wrong simply for the sake of argument.

So, wise and mighty BlackSand, what’s your solution to fix the class disparity? Leave it as is and let it get worse? Because that worked out for the French and the Russians. There has to be a stimulation, and the money needs to come from somewhere. And the rich have it all. So how does it get evened out?

DeletedUser36572

So, wise and mighty BlackSand, what’s your solution to fix the class disparity? Leave it as is and let it get worse? Because that worked out for the French and the Russians. There has to be a stimulation, and the money needs to come from somewhere. And the rich have it all. So how does it get evened out?

I never suggested I required you to try and fix anything.
Would you prefer to be French or Russian?

I simply said that you cannot punish the rich for being rich.

A farm owner in Nebraska can get pissed you are upset he owns a bunch of land. He can get frustrated you would like the EPA to fine him for putting in a stock pond that threatens an acre of that land where a mouse may want to build a home.

Well guess what ... He can sell his farm to Monsanto, buy a vacation home in Costa Rica, live like a king drinking margaritas all day and not give a damn about lannister the rich.

What do you get ... Crappy food from a mean corporate giant and something else to bitch about.

What did you think you were going to get ... A better world.

Lannister the Rich

I never suggested I required you to try and fix anything.
Would you prefer to be French or Russian?

I simply said that you cannot punish the rich for being rich.

A farm owner in Nebraska can get pissed you are upset he owns a bunch of land. He can get frustrated you would like the EPA to fine him for putting in a stock pond that threatens an acre of that land where a mouse may want to build a home.

Well guess what ... He can sell his farm to Monsanto, buy a vacation home in Costa Rica, live like a king drinking margaritas all day and not give a damn about lannister the rich.

What do you get ... Crappy food from a mean corporate giant and something else to bitch about.

What did you think you were going to get ... A better world.

So no solutions, just whining. Lol at you thinking a farmer selling his land to a corporation would net him enough money to live like a king for the rest of his life. Talk talk talk, that’s what BlackSand likes to do. She thinks she’s right and mighty and knows what a better world needs like you’re any better than anyone else on this thread.

DeletedUser36572

So no solutions, just whining. Lol at you thinking a farmer selling his land to a corporation would net him enough money to live like a king for the rest of his life. Talk talk talk, that’s what BlackSand likes to do. She thinks she’s right and mighty and knows what a better world needs like you’re any better than anyone else on this thread.

Well ... If you want to keep whining ... Don’t let me stop you.

You don’t have to tell me what kind of money one can get selling their land or business, nor what it takes to live high on the hog somewhere else, or what kind of money can be made offshore.

The trouble is I don’t think I am one thing or another.

All the “high and mighty”, “better”, and other assundrious adjectives you may choose to use regarding how you believe I think about myself ... Are borne of your insecurities and how you view your inadequacies in comparison to some imaginary competition you see between you and me.

I didn’t say “you suck” ... I simply said “your silly ideas, envy of others, and delusional desire to be some kind of world champion ... Suck”.

DeletedUser36572

You admit to being stubborn and unwilling to change your mind on anything. Got it. Your definition of a fruitless endeavor is an idea that isn’t your own.

If by “change my mind” you mean ... Agree with some foolish notion that we are somehow locked in a battle that requires your agreement for me to accomplish anything worthwhile ... Then it is safe to say changing my mind is not necessary.

If by “change my mind” you mean ... Going to agree with your delusional belief that you have offered any workable solution that provides anything more than the past decades of systemic abject failure your ideas currently represent ... Then it is safe to say that’s not going to happen.

If by “change my mind you mean ... Always open to new and engaging ideas, that put individual people at the helm of proactive change in their communities using their resources, and accepting accountability as well as responsibility for their life conditions ... You can bet on that.

Invest in people ... Not some goofy policy that hasn’t fixed anything.
The minimum wage has been around a long time ... But people don’t prosper until the minimum is no longer where they focus their efforts.

Whether or not anything is fruitless ... If you see value in failure, then keep on trucking.

Lannister the Rich

If by “change my mind you mean ... Always open to new and engaging ideas, that put individual people at the helm of proactive change in their communities using their resources, and accepting accountability as well as responsibility for their life conditions ... You can bet on that.
There you go again, refusing to acknowledge that the people that need this change the most are not always responsible for their life conditions. Invest in people, yes, we agree on that. But you refuse to acknowledge that it’s the corporations who refuse to invest in those people based on outward appearance and prejudice. You can’t invest in people without compassion and care for them: that’s literally what we’ve been saying the whole time, and you agreed to that in an earlier post. So, why are you still fighting? Because you refuse to believe that anyone except the person is responsible for his/her own failure when that has proven to not be true. That is where you are stubborn and won’t change your mind.

Sometimes it’s the American system that have kept those people from changing their life conditions, so it’s up to the American system to change before those people can be in a better place. MW aside, there’s more problems than wages. Refuse to acknowledge that all you wish, it only makes your investment fruitless as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

There you go again, refusing to acknowledge that the people that need this change the most are not always responsible for their life conditions. Invest in people, yes, we agree on that. But you refuse to acknowledge that it’s the corporations who refuse to invest in those people based on outward appearance and prejudice. You can’t invest in people without compassion and care for them: that’s literally what we’ve been saying the whole time, and you agreed to that in an earlier post. So, why are you still fighting? Because you refuse to believe that anyone except the person is responsible for his/her own failure when that has proven to not be true. That is where you are stubborn and won’t change your mind.

Sometimes it’s the American system that have kept those people from changing their life conditions, so it’s up to the American system to change before those people can be in a better place. MW aside, there’s more problems than wages.

I don’t refuse to acknowledge any of the stuff you accuse me of failing to acknowledge ... I just lament that your goofy desire to pursue the same options that have resulted in nothing more than systemic abject failure ... Is fool’s errand.

You can try and use a hammer as a paintbrush ... And in doing so, you will never be Monet.

There are horrible corporations, there are poor people ... Nothing is ever fair (fair is nothing more than the first four letters of fairytale). No two people are equal and the only way you can really achieve equality outside of imperical mathematics is by what you don’t do for anyone.

You are steeped in some kind of idea that you can fix all the wrongs in society, and to a point you are inebriated beyond reason.

Stop trying to fix the World, you aren’t a God ... Government is not a God. You cannot just decide you are going take someone’s wealth and resources to benefit your failing desires.

If you want to improve your life conditions and that of others, take smaller bites at the apple, use your hands, your knowledge, your resources, your damn effort ... And quit kicking the can down the road ... Fricken Own Your Life and the world around you ... Don’t just dream up magical BS.

Do Something ... Don’t ask me ... Do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.