• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

Vger

I think I am speaking for a fair number of the FoE player base at this time with this feedback:

WTF?
@Algona, you've said it yourself many times here: Be careful what you ask Inno to "FIX", because the FIX might just lead to a new set of issues, new things we don't like, new proposals. (The GB donation edit field change comes to mind here).

Well, this is that. Nobody liked the Carnival event. Way too RNG dependent. And we all know Inno uses a crappy RNG because they are too cheap to go out and get a good one. Or is it that their programmers are just dumb? Or are they just too greedy? It's all about selling diamonds, right? Oh...and let's not forget about how stupid your Carnival hoodies are and it's all their fault.

Inno listened and "FIXED" it.
Carnival is gone. Replaced by something totally better written by perfect programmers who are not motivated by greed.

No complaints about being RNG screwed here. Not much is random, except maybe what you get from the chests between towns, but that's just insignificant bling anyways. And nothing your hoodies do matters.

This one is different. It's mostly just math. Deterministic stuff you can punch into a spreadsheet to get deterministic answers because no RNG.

Not an event everyone will love, for sure. But neither was Carnival.

RazorbackPirate

So, I watched the video from the German guy and I'm following his strategy. So far so good. I'm pretty much through my first city, just waiting for the shamrocks for the final few upgrades.

His formula is to start 5 towns, completing 4 of them, then buying all the chests one time at the end of each town. The math seems to work and allows 4 days to finish each town. This should result in a one complete level 2 set.

While the mini game is engaging, it is a whole lot of busy work. Even with a path to a full level 2 set, I'm still not sold on this concept.

DeletedUser32973

I'd suggest you guys not jump on the negative nancy bandwagon and give it a chance. The event is not as hard as people say it is, and the event is not as time consuming as people say it is. You can make it that way for yourself, but you don't have to. That being said, it is more time consuming than other events (not that much imo), and it's easier to mess up getting a fully upgraded event prize. Calm down, read up what you need to do to be successful if you have to, and formulate your own opinion without relying on all the trigger happy doomsayers.

So, I watched the video from the German guy and I'm following his strategy.

I second this. He isn't perfect, but he is a hoot to listen to.

Triopoly Champion

No daily specials. Lame prizes in the chests. Grand prize after finishing every third city. And most importantly... more boring than Vikings.

NO THANKS!

For the first time ever I'm not only NOT going to complete an event, but I'm not even going to start it. Not in any of my cities.

Good luck to those that give it a try though, I hope you enjoy it. May I suggest you very carefully read the 76 page manual here first (and take notes), so that you don't totally destroy any chance you have of successfully completing the event with a fully leveled set on the very first day?
Truly glad to see this because I like this St. Patrick's Day event so much.

Hard math for people like @Kranyar the Mysterious and allow players to advance to the next without finishing all the tasks, thus save some pot golds.

Vger

Yes, I have said that a lot. But the rest of your post makes it sound like I was one of the folk who hated Carnival or took INNO tot task about Carnival.
Sorry @Algona. That was not my intent. The rest of the post was intended to be a bit of parody about the typical whiners that always show up near the end of most events, but Carnival especially.

My guess is that this event is going to get a lot of rabid complaints here as we get near the end (see beta). I'm just happy to know that the poor under appreciated RNG isn't going to get the blame this time. o_O

Vger

Looks to me like you have to pay 8.4Q to get to the next town but I can't confirm that yet.
Yes. Have 8.4Q, not collect 8.4. (If it was collect, they likely would have used a progress bar instead of a simple button.)

Lankybrit

BTW: I just got the Festival to level 300. It's now doing 4Q. You'll need about 1000 gold pots for opening the boxes too, so don't be too quick to move on.

DeletedUser37725

Must be missing something , bought 3000 gold, spent who knows, got 2500 now, so far have only finished one grand prize and haven't won anything else, next prize is 50fp which requires 25 task completed, I have 9 done , the three I have to do: collect 16Q shams (really? double of what it takes to go to the next city), other two, upgrade building 200 times and 250 times. Got level 5 ferry and festival manager and both are at 250 building level, production rate is 3.8Q per 8 hours. to upgrade the buildings will cost more shams than I have and I'll be back to zero for two more task.
Here is my feedback: Event rating ZERO out of a 1,000,000,000,000,000. Best thing about the event is I learned that a Quadrillion is 1 with 15 zeros.

Agent327

On the last event I was told to wait till the end to sell everything so I prosome the advice is the same .

Buit you said you played this event, so why would you need or use the advise from a previous event?

You already played this on beta. You should exactly know how it works and how to do it. yet you keep giving advise others gave to you. Looks like you did not play it at all.

OutlawDon

So you have to complete quests; manage productions, delivery and sale of goods in multiple towns and complete tasks in order to earn event rewards. And there are no daily rewards-you HAVE to do all of the above to get anything out of this event. And maintain your regular city! Just how much time does Innogames expect us to spend on this game????

DeletedUser36145

The event seems pretty easy, but is too time consuming and rather boring. And it is only the first run-through. I believe, on the fourth or fifth it will be unbearable. I don't think the mediocre main prize justifies the time spent, especially when there are no dailies. The rather abstract numbers are not OK too. Why was it impossible to stay within the thousands or even millions is beyond me, but these numbers may only lead to confusion.
Overall, not a good replacement to the not good carnival event.

lemonwedgie

I'd suggest you guys not jump on the negative nancy bandwagon and give it a chance. The event is not as hard as people say it is, and the event is not as time consuming as people say it is. You can make it that way for yourself, but you don't have to. That being said, it is more time consuming than other events (not that much imo), and it's easier to mess up getting a fully upgraded event prize. Calm down, read up what you need to do to be successful if you have to, and formulate your own opinion without relying on all the trigger happy doomsayers.

I second this. He isn't perfect, but he is a hoot to listen to.

But this is what the mainstay of this forum is about ... the crowd jump on the negative nancy bandwagon, taking down as many players as they can along the way until they meet up with Debbie Downer, a few beers and back patting about how they "told them!" and everyone is happy :)

Is this a great event? Is it too complicated? I don't care either way ... its not going to blow up my city or destroy my guild ... it might break my mouse with all the clicking but, thats ok. I shall just enjoy the fact that this event is different from others.

WinnerGR

Buit you said you played this event, so why would you need or use the advise from a previous event?

You already played this on beta. You should exactly know how it works and how to do it. yet you keep giving advise others gave to you. Looks like you did not play it at all.
You have stumped me

DeletedUser14295

when you move to the second town, can you go back to the first town to finish those quests?