• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

The Lady Redneck

Well I only really worked this Event in one world and I got 1 complete set plus a 2nd airship and 3 upgrades. I went for it in my Iron Age world but will wait to build it until I move up as the U/Gs will get me and my guild EMA goods right away. The Extra base unit and U/Gs will go to the AD. In my other worlds I will use it as AD fodder. I never but NEVER use diamonds in any Event. It is silly to do so as there will be another Event in a short time with<insert sarcasm font> yet another new building that we cannot possibly do without <end sarcasm font> And the one in the Soccer Event could get to be ridiculously huge. Am pretty sure I will (No I am definitely sure) not be trying for it in any world as no matter what it offers I do not want sporty buildings in my city. It is a good feeling to know in advance that I will be having a break from these endless Events.

As for the differences between what it was on the live server and that of Beta. Does not bother me.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Inno, As a fellow player said above you can hide behind "prizes from beta may be different from the real worlds" but we will never forget this day, the day you F***ed us over.
Inno has always stated Beta is for testing and anything on Beta can and will change. If you choose to ignore that it’s a test server intended to have changes from what’s on there then sooner or later you’re going to be disappointed

Captain Christian

Just my feedback, they should've made the avatar possible to get without completing all the tablets. I completed dozens, but never found the gold one. The tools, I'm fine with missing out on, but I may never have a chance to get the avatar again. It's their game, and they can do what they want, I'm just offering a suggestion for next year.

Ericness

I liked the event a lot and have to say that this is probably my favorite mini game to date. I wound up getting the main prize fully upgraded with days to spare and a decent haul of other goodies for my cities.

I was, however, mildly disappointed that I couldn't gather all the tablets as I wanted the special portrait. I even dipped into my diamond reserve a couple of times (which as a free player I'm very stingy about) but never even saw the last two I needed. I could have chased it further but decided it was a waste and cut my losses. Just wondering out loud if there could be a mechanic in future events like this for sufficiently motivated players to get access to tablets "luck" and random generation won't provide.

Taixun

Overall I enjoyed the event.

Like others, I'm quite disappointed Checkmate Square never showed up... but I still managed to get a second World Fair lv10 (which should be good for BG once I build that), several reno kits, and was lucky and got all the tablets... so not a horrible event overall from my point of view.

And got lots of shrink kits for my many wishing well farms, so happy with that.

Super Catanian

Awesome Event, this was! Got two Airships and 11 Upgrade Kits. Tons of personal rewards as well. Did not get all the tablets, but due to IRL, it's not like I would have had time to do them anyways. Still, had a lot of fun. Thanks INNO!

I made the mistake of waiting until the very last day to spend everything I hadn't yet spended. This amounted of over 4.000 Scrolls on both my cities. By the time I finished the last Quest of the main questline and did the remaining tablets I hadn't done yet. I had an hour to spend all those scrolls in order to dig through the Upgrades. Never before have I stressed out so much in completing an Event on time. Spent everything and got all the stuff I wanted just 5 minutes before the Event ended. Kept tabs open and the game kept lagging like crazy. 3 in the morning, it was. But I'm too used to staying awake at night to write and finishing assignments, so nothing new.

Overall, a nice Event. 9.5/10 will pull an all-nighter again.

TL;DR

1590515449705.png

Sauce: Megumin from Konosuba

Super Catanian

I don't see what's so amazing about the Checkmate Square. There are so many other ways to get attack bonuses for your attacking army.
One turned up at my current auction this afternoon. Someone bid over 40K Trade Coins or something like that. I was around when it came out but sadly was not advanced enough to complete the whole thing.

Seeing its stats made me go, "WTH why was this in such high demand?!"

BruteForceAttack

Inno has always stated Beta is for testing and anything on Beta can and will change. If you choose to ignore that it’s a test server intended to have changes from what’s on there then sooner or later you’re going to be disappointed

No point in testing beta...reason most folks spend time in beta is to update the guild...yes inno can hide behind we always said what you see in beta is not guaranteed. However the fact remains that it was and is a classic bait and switch. shame on ppl who decided to do this.

DreadfulCadillac

One turned up at my current auction this afternoon. Someone bid over 40K Trade Coins or something like that. I was around when it came out but sadly was not advanced enough to complete the whole thing.

Seeing its stats made me go, "WTH why was this in such high demand?!"
I don't see what's so amazing about the Checkmate Square. There are so many other ways to get attack bonuses for your attacking army.
You are both well...for lack of a better word, stupid IN THIS CURRENT SITUATION.
Its cause space is the most valuble thing in this game, and checkmate square is HIGHLY efficent.
lets do some SIMPLE MATH!

Carousel in SAAB: 8%attack, 9 squares
0.88%attack per square.

Carousel in PE: 5%attack, 9 squares.
0.55%attack per square
-------------------------
Checkmate square is currently one of the TOP buildings in the game that you can get for attack bonus.
it will soon be toped however with
Lvl 2 winners plaza
THATS why its in such high demand people, if you need more attack building info about other buildings, happy to help.

Think what you want, I don't care. I do know I'm the only one in my guild who uses the wiki during events, one of the few in any guild I've been in on any world. Extrapolating from that to all the players, people who follow the beta spoilers are a very small minority compared to those who play the events.

I respectfully disagree Razor (and you aren't the only one in the guild to use the wiki!). In most established guilds there are people who read the forum and the wiki and put that information on the guild chat. I know on my main world EVERYONE was looking for the CS and almost all of us are on the wiki.

I have no data that would tell me what % of players knew about the CS in beta, but I would bet it's not a "very small minority" and I would bet even more that the diamond buying population surely knew it was offered in beta.

I don't even understand why they would even put it in beta. They had to know it would upset people.

Anyway, for players who want attack power, this event was a total bust. Even if you take the checkmate square out of the equation, we also didn't get sentinel outposts.

I finished it and have a full balloon in my city, but pretty much sleep walked through the whole thing with zero enthusiasm.

DeletedUser44124

my problem is the bait and switch. theyve never done this before. i saved almost 5k currency and when i saw the last ds, i just closed my browser. havent opened your game since. didnt spend my last currenct or even get an airship because i was just so disappointed. i have so many reno kits i sell them to ad.

if we were advised there would be no checkmate, id have made another wf or just spend em all on carousels

Zatrikon

You are both well...for lack of a better word, stupid IN THIS CURRENT SITUATION.
Its cause space is the most valuble thing in this game, and checkmate square is HIGHLY efficent.
lets do some SIMPLE MATH!
Great. Now do the simple math for a high-level Zeus, Aachen, CDM, and Terracotta Army.

Then let's see some simple math on how much attack bonus you really need, as opposed to all the other things you could be doing with that space.

(I know this is a bit off the subject, but what do you expect? I'm stupid. At least I'm not so stupid as to not know what "beta" means.)

RazorbackPirate

my problem is the bait and switch. theyve never done this before. i saved almost 5k currency and when i saw the last ds, i just closed my browser. havent opened your game since. didnt spend my last currenct or even get an airship because i was just so disappointed. i have so many reno kits i sell them to ad.

if we were advised there would be no checkmate, id have made another wf or just spend em all on carousels
Had Inno made any announcements or pronouncements about it through official channels, it would be a bait and switch. They did not, so it was not. They tested something on Beta, didn't like what they saw and changed it when it went live.

When you saw the Checkmate Square wasn't going to be offered, you had plenty of time left to spend your scrolls and get the Airship, that you chose not to is on you. Hard lesson learned, but hopefully a lesson learned. Things change and there are no guarantees. Inno does what Inno feels is right for Inno and the game.

The only loss is the one you created for yourself.

DreadfulCadillac

Great. Now do the simple math for a high-level Zeus, Aachen, CDM, and Terracotta Army.

Then let's see some simple math on how much attack bonus you really need, as opposed to all the other things you could be doing with that space.

(I know this is a bit off the subject, but what do you expect? I'm stupid. At least I'm not so stupid as to not know what "beta" means.)
end game players(im not one yet, but not the point...im years from being one) already have a high coa, zues,cdm,TA
and a lot of them do need more attack.One word on why attack is more important then ever before:
GBG
HELL i would have LOVED to get more checkmate squares, cause you dont have to pay any fp to lvl them

DeletedUser44124

Had Inno made any announcements or pronouncements about it through official channels, it would be a bait and switch. They did not, so it was not. They tested something on Beta, didn't like what they saw and changed it when it went live.

When you saw the Checkmate Square wasn't going to be offered, you had plenty of time left to spend your scrolls and get the Airship, that you chose not to is on you. Hard lesson learned, but hopefully a lesson learned. Things change and there are no guarantees. Inno does what Inno feels is right for Inno and the game.

The only loss is the one you created for yourself.
my lesson learned is to give up a game with dishonest devs.

you are such a consistent bootlicker in all areas that would cause more work or apologies fromdevs, i really cant imagine and timeline where youre NOT a dev acting as a player. i post here a few times a year, every time i check this place youre being negative about everything. sad. i already anticipated your response and started my post with a warning to not bother

i didnt spend my scrolls in protest. inno is who should learn a lesson for their shameful actions.

Zatrikon

If you pick up a hammer and try to use it like a saw, you won't get good results. But that's not the hammer's fault.

If you use the beta test server as if it was a special preview of everything that's going to be in the game, you might mot get entirely accurate results. But that's not the beta test server's fault.

DeletedUser10789

So luckily I DID get all the tablets, and the avatar does look hella awesome:
View attachment 15992
Thats me folks!

Very Nice. Good Job and happy for you. I completed 35 quests and did NOT go for the gold idols as at my level the overall prize is not worth the space for me. So, guess what I didn't get. What you got. :-(

But here we go now for the trolls to come at me. Go ahead trolls. I posted again, so have at it.

FYI, for those seasoned players who feel like the Checkmate Square is too bad they screwed everyone not putting it out. You are wrong. Many players, NOT ME, but others were waiting for it and wanted it. What you "seasoned" players fail to see or realize is YES the checkmate square is available in the Tavern, BUT be honest....WHO can get those.? Those that have a lot of coins and are able to bid a lot for them. DO you know who can't.? The people who most wanted these Checkmate Squares, as they are new players and new to the game. So, don't rush off to say tough luck and better luck next time. The people most effected are the new people who need these items the most and they CANNOT, because they don't have enough stuff yet to trade to be able to bid a lot on them in the Tavern. All it did was hurt those players. Maybe there are times to not think of yourself and think of others in your guild, that need things that to you might not be effective to a higher level player. Just smells of how some players are just out for themselves and not to help others. Now again, let the trolls come knocking.

Stevie - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

If you pick up a hammer and try to use it like a saw, you won't get good results. But that's not the hammer's fault.

If you use the beta test server as if it was a special preview of everything that's going to be in the game, you might mot get entirely accurate results. But that's not the beta test server's fault.

Beta is used for working out the bugs of any and all new content. The game use to use Beta for this purpose and it would provide a guideline for what we could all expect. This go around, EPIC FAIL. The game hurt the people who need the help the most. Most of the higher level players, it wont matter much, but those who need it, you all hurt them. Great Work.