• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do members progress without advancing their age?

Emberguard

Oh, ya don't have to worry about that. You actually won't need to do Maths to feel that a level 5 AO is cheaper than 3 level 10s and from what that mod said, a Yggdrasil
No point in doing cheaper if it’s barely doing anything.

For the cost of a Lvl 5 AO including goods outlay you can get the 3 attack GBs to LvL 5. That’s 45% boost and I bet you’d do just as well as the AO given what you’ve stated. Lvl 10 is the goal on GBs because of cost increase after Lvl 10.

Reese7990

Oh, ya don't have to worry about that. You actually won't need to do Maths to feel that a level 5 AO is cheaper than 3 level 10s and from what that mod said, a Yggdrasil

The Yggdrasil costs nothing but time and commitment to get to lvl 9. As the mod also pointed out you will actually make fps and goods along the way.

Agent327

I don't feel like responding to everything here but I'm really curious on where u pulled out this epic number missy. I'm HMA and I don't think you would consume even 1000 medals.... no, even 500 on what I'm doing. Oh, I'm sorry r u a medal hoarder? I'm sorry for even suggesting on placing a dent in your millions of medals stock. It is indeed a mortal sin to spend victory medals, yes

It is if you do not spend them on victory expansions. Even 500 would be a waaste. I doubt you already have all expansions.

When I say free encounters, what I can think off the top of my head is a 4 treb 4 heavies matchup in HMA. You just pick 4 trebs and 4 rogues against it and you just win even with 0% (zero) A/D and nothing else, by eliminating 2 trebs in the first turn. I don't feel like enumerating every single one of these but the bottom line is that GE isn't that demanding. There's just a few specific matchups where you'll need to actually critroll or else you'd cringe with the losses

When I was in HMA GE did not exist yet, but if I compare it to other era's, the combination 4 artillery and 4 heavies appears only in the last part of GE lvl4. If you have the attack boost you just put 8 artillery against it. No need to use rogues.

Wait.... define “perfectly new”. If Agents list of your GBs is correct you have a lvl 75 Arc plus a bunch of other advanced GBs. Even with 1.9 that takes time.

Do you really think it isn't? ;)

Agent327

Oh look, he actually helped me how convenient. For the smart ones in here that gets what I'm sayin and want to try somethin dank, go check out my minimalist crit strat. It works™

What does work is your 116/110 attack boost.

Highest you face in HMA:
57th-25%
58th-40%
59th-40%
60th-70%

Smart ones who get what you are saying would ignore your advice. Even without the AO it would be a piece of cake with your attack bonus. Wasting medals to insure a critical hit makes no sense at all.

Nicholas002

Smart ones who get what you are saying would ignore your advice. Even without the AO it would be a piece of cake with your attack bonus. Wasting medals to insure a critical hit makes no sense at all.
yes, I agree.

@Plain Red Justice, congrats on thinking of a cool strategy that at first glance seems to have some merit.
However, after thinking a little, it becomes clear that it is not a viable and reliable fighting strategy.

I think you have forgotten what it is like to have 0% A/D.
A critical hit with 0% A/D would not necessarily be a one-hit-kill. EDIT: just tried it on a secondary world. with 0% A/D, a archer v. soldier has an expected damage of 3-5 (on average 4). So a crit, would deal 6 damage points.
Even with a critical hit on every single hit with 0% A/D, I don't think you would reliably finish GE without a lot of losses. (much less 5% of the hits)

Sure, the AO is a nice addition to the essential attack GBs, but certainly is not worth having before the others are at 10. (even if you have a huge medal income from a leveled arc)

Last edited:

DevaCat

I have held my tongue in this one, but I've just got to say this guy lost me when he advocated not maximizing the Ygg. What? It makes about as much sense as Pachoo Lee did in his posts in the past. If anyone who is a "new playa" is looking for good strategies, this ain't it. Others have done great point by points, I'll just say this:

Young cities need FP production, some way to get the goods and supplies they need, and they need space. Spending scarce fps and goods to buy the AO (at the city stage being discussed) and to plop that huge thing down and level it before taking care of other business is going to hamstring city growth. To chase GE64 with an AO, spending medals, is just plain nuts imo -- a young player needs those medals for expansion growth. Far less expensive for them to battle as far as they can and then negotiate the rest. The AO is a good gb to have, but the proposed strategy is putting the cart before the horse. If it works for PRJ, more power to him. But to suggest this to younger players as being a viable strategy is doing them a disservice, again imo.

Plain Red Justice

When he advocated not maximizing the Ygg. What?
Sure. It's already a topic for another thread but I'll try to keep this ontopic as much as possible. Let's see...

1. Why would you get a level X Yggdrasil when low attack % can complete GE?
2. If you want a GBG perspective, why would you even make a Yggdrasil when you don't have all the necessary auction house/Diamond atk% buildings and maxed expansion slots (by thoroughly aging up) as a lower age player to complement it?
3. What else would you need atk % on lower ages? Plundering? Daily quests? Nah. RQs? XD Campaign maps?

I'm really trying to help u out here. I'm trying to dig out all the necessary reasons on how someone that just started with a clean inventory, would benefit from a Ygg but even when I try to I can't see any, not a single benefit from it except for a Campaign Map. Yeah, all those months of effort to get that 30% for a Campaign map. Yikes

Last edited:

Nicholas002

I'm really trying to help u out here. I'm trying to dig out all the necessary reasons on how someone that just started with a clean inventory, would benefit from a Ygg.
reasons to build ygg:

1. the best attack % building besides GBs (30% attack/9 squares)
2. one of the best FP buildings (8 FP/9 squares)
3. rather than using up FP to level, leveling it actually makes FP. (from viking quest rewards)
3.5. +goods, coins, supplies, medals (meh, but still...)

reasons to not build ygg:

1. laziness
2. laziness
3. laziness
4 arrogance

Last edited:

DeletedUser31499

We will never convince the op he is wrong.
Yggdrasil = a must have. That 30% made a big difference to me when I got mine. Funny, I checked the top players on Korch and almost all of them have a level 9 Yggdrasil.
The AO critical hit. As pointed out a low level AO gives a low % chance at a critical hit. The damage that critical hit does is a function of the damage % of your attack bonus. Low level fighting GBs will give you a low damage critical hit. High level fighting GBs will give you a much more powerful critical hit.

I love my AO btw. Recently got it to level 84 which provides a 25% chance at a critical hit. Now working on getting my 4 fighting GBs to level 101.

Current values
Zeus 101
CoA 91
CdM 94
TA 79

Getting them higher does make a difference.

Plain Red Justice

Funny, I checked the top players on Korch and almost all of them have a level 9 Yggdrasil.
I find it wonderful to find an AO lover like myself. You know, maybe when we get our AO to level 169, we may be 1 step closer to a vaccine?

I don't know how SAABs and SAMs relate to a thread about lower ages in any way though. I'm a rule abiding individual and I don't like cluttering offtopic deets in front of a mod even if it seems to be trolling

Agent327

Sure. It's already a topic for another thread but I'll try to keep this ontopic as much as possible. Let's see...

1. Why would you get a level X Yggdrasil when low attack % can complete GE?
2. If you want a GBG perspective, why would you even make a Yggdrasil when you don't have all the necessary auction house/Diamond atk% buildings and maxed expansion slots (by thoroughly aging up) as a lower age player to complement it?
3. What else would you need atk % on lower ages? Plundering? Daily quests? Nah. RQs? XD Campaign maps?

I'm really trying to help u out here. I'm trying to dig out all the necessary reasons on how someone that just started with a clean inventory, would benefit from a Ygg but even when I try to I can't see any, not a single benefit from it except for a Campaign Map. Yeah, all those months of effort to get that 30% for a Campaign map. Yikes

So now you focus on the Yggdrasil? o_O

Again a really easy answer. Somebody that just started and still has a clean inventory can profit from doing the Viking settlement and on the way get a Yggdrasil. Even when not focussed on the attack bonus that Yggdrasil will give him goods and fp's that he can really use. Yggdrasil is one of the best buildings in the game, no matter from what angle you look at it.

You argue about the attack bonus of the Yggdrasil and you have 4 Contestant's Estates in your city. Need I say more?

Plain Red Justice

There's a better alternative to a Yggdrasil for getting goods and FPs while you're just starting out. I don't know why you're ignoring the negotiation based settlement that's entirely focused on goods and tons of FPs.
4 Contestant estates
I don't know why you try way too hard to nitpick irrelevant details when those buildings are literally free of charge, but I would appreciate it if you could donate me 9 of those send buildings back to ur inventory so I could place em all back (along with my Ygg and that Classical Garden set) to cancel my newbie mistakes. I could have placed another Glassblower and some more alchemists with that space

Emberguard

There's a better alternative to a Yggdrasil for getting goods and FPs while you're just starting out. I don't know why you're ignoring the negotiation based settlement that's entirely focused on goods and tons of FPs.
It doesn’t matter which settlement you do first as long as you focus on completing that settlement. Your city progress indicates you’ve been playing long enough to have a fully levelled Yggdrasil by now if you were making steady progress in the settlement alongside your main city. For a new player, any extra attack bonus on top of Zeus is a big deal for consistently completing events. Most auto-battle and aren‘t that great at picking unit combinations. Yggdrasil stacks with the attack boost GBs making the bar for when it makes a difference lower. By the time you get CDM, CoA and maybe TA having the Yggdrasil already built up makes a big difference.... if you’ve bothered fully levelling it

I would appreciate it if you could donate me 9 of those send buildings back to ur inventory so I could place em all back
good news. GE lvl 64 will help with that. Also, Daily Challenges and the Antiques Dealer

Last edited:

Reese7990

Why not the Yggdrasil? Find me a better building that fits in a 3x3 square. Attack, goods, medals, fps...whats not to like?

As for the AO..I love mine, currently levelling it to 60 along with my Kraken. But it was one of the last gbs I built because of size and cost. I was having great success before I ever made room for it. Its not imo a primary building, but a great extra.

Nicholas002

Because it's simply inefficient on the lower ages?
Not only is it not inefficient, in the lower ages, it is relatively more efficient.
The FP production, goods, and attack, (it's useful properties) do not scale up with the ages.
8 FP and 30 A/D is much more significant in the IA, than it is in SAAB.

It may be one of the best non-GBs but you don't touch it when you're new
excuse me? I have only been playing since April, and I have a level 2 ygg, and in 6 months, I will have a level 9 ygg, because I recognize its value, and will slog through the Vikings 15 times just to have the Ygg on level 9.