• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do members progress without advancing their age?

Agent327

As for the price of an AO, well it depends. Arcs tend to be given for free at least in my server that's why I'm saying it's cheap so I guess this part varies. But even if you pay 500-600 FPs for it I think it's still way cheaper than leveling those 4 all the way to 10, especially that Ygg and CdM lol but if you're somehow rich then by all means, level em all and forget these.

You really have some weird logic. All you have to do to level up the Yggdrasil is finising the Viking Settlement. It does not cost you any fp's. In fact, you gain fp's doing so and you can not level it to 10, cause 9 is the max.

Besides that, you do not even practice what you preach

Your GB's:

X_ProgressiveEra_Landmark1tn.png
AlcatrazProgressive Era403403400
X_ArcticFuture_Landmark2tn.png
Arctic OrangeryArctic Future81339808470
X_PostModernEra_Landmark1tn.png
Cape CanaveralPostmodern Era7616706090
X_LateMiddleAge_Landmark3tn.png
Castel del MonteLate Middle Ages71005304300
X_EarlyMiddleAge_Landmark2tn.png
Cathedral of AachenEarly Middle Ages8305305000
X_ProgressiveEra_Landmark2tn.png
Château FrontenacProgressive Era6130530400100
X_IronAge_Landmark2tn.png
Lighthouse of AlexandriaIron Age844904860
X_BronzeAge_Landmark2tn.png
Statue of ZeusBronze Age91175103930
X_AllAge_Expeditiontn.png
Temple of RelicsNo Age815705690
X_VirtualFuture_Landmark1tn.png
Terracotta ArmyVirtual Future5136306170
X_FutureEra_Landmark1tn.png
The ArcThe Future753.8264.9501.124NEW
X_TomorrowEra_Landmark2tn.png
Truce TowerTomorrow Era4233803570

Plain Red Justice

Oh look, he actually helped me how convenient. For the smart ones in here that gets what I'm sayin and want to try somethin dank, go check out my minimalist crit strat. It works™

Nicholas002

At level 10, AO gives a 6.98% chance of a critical hit. that is approximately a 1/14 chance of dealing 1.5x the damage.
With a 0% A/D, I doubt this is enough to reliably do GE 64 every week without losing a lot of units.
Maybe it would work if you have a high enough Alcatraz, I dunno.

But my question is, why not go the normal route, and get the A/D GBs first, since at some point you will want them?

Finally, SoZ/CoA/CdM at 10 gives a 100% chance of dealing 1.9x the damage (plus 1.9 defense!)
The Ao lvl10 only gives a 6.98% chance of dealing 1.5x the damage.
There is no comparison.

Plain Red Justice

With a 0% A/D, I doubt this is enough to reliably do GE 64 every week without losing a lot of units.
I didn't tell you to go 0% A/D . level 4-6 or that level where the FP costs drastically ramps up is when you should stop. I don't have precise level knowledge for this. But I do know that fightin manually should lose you 2 rogues at most in the entire 64 encounters. 3-4 if you're slackin off; so basically the same result when you spent all those unnecessary FPs and time at the 3 GBs+ 1 settlement
But my question is, why not go the normal route, and get the A/D GBs first, since at some point you will want them?
Because it's good to save FPs since you'll need a lot of em to get past the Arc 1-30,60-80 slog? Maybe you prefer the Shinto/Egyptian quests instead? There's an eternal number of usage for saved FP, time and Diamonds

Nicholas002

Because it's good to save FPs since you'll need a lot of em to get past the Arc 1-30,60-80 slog? Maybe you prefer the Shinto/Egyptian quests instead? There's an eternal number of usage for saved FP, time and Diamonds
Of course it is good to save FPs.
And that is why AO is not worth it until you have SoZ/CoA/CdM at least at lvl10.

Here's why: Assuming you get 1.9 help , and find a generous goods seller, who gives you the goods for 200 FP, the AO takes 3,748 FP to get it to level 10.

Until you have a huge A/D, the 6.98% chance to deal 1.5x the damage, is not worth that many FPs.

You would be a better fighter, if you put those 3,748 FP into your attack GBs.

Emberguard

You see, those additional GE attempts that costs literally nothing (medals) are there for a reason. I use em for rollin crits. If I don't get one crit on the first turn (with arts), I surrender. If I get even one, I win that particular encounter.
What a waste of medals and completely unsustainable outside of the lower ages. By the time you reach Colonial Age to get through GE in a single sitting it costs 200-300k medals without wasting attempts. By the time you reach SAAB you’d be spending millions of medals per week without wasting attempts like that. Every attempt you add on would simply increase it further. If you spread it out over a week and still need to buy extra attempts because you want a crit you'll be spending a lot of medals

Edit: It costs 15k medals to buy attempts to complete all of GE in Iron Age in a single sitting. If your plan is to use medals to reset every time you don't get a crit then no one who goes for a Kraken first is going to be able to afford that without a hyper level Arc. By the time your strategy is even remotely viable on a medals to buy attempts basis you'd have been better off starting with the standard attack GBs

Last edited:

Emberguard

But of course you would struggle. You haven't tried it in the first place and is somehow stuck on the idea that leveling those 4 things is mandatory because everyone's tellin you that
You only need about 10% stat boost before you start to get benefit on your units in Bronze Age. By the time you buy the Goods for a AO you could have been getting to Guild Expedition level 3 with your only boosts coming from a lvl 5 Zeus. Maybe even have a higher level Zeus then that. No extra attempts needed. Yes, you'd have to manually fight, but your AO strategy only works if you're doing that anyway to check for crit hits. Nevermind the cost to level the AO anywhere

It'd make for a interesting experiment to see how much effect AO on its own has. But that doesn't make it the best option to start with.

I didn't tell you to go 0% A/D
Or u could just buy an Arctic Orangery and not level those CdM/Zeus/CoA/Yggdrasil at all.
you kinda did tell us to go with 0%. No point in starting your strategy with “get AO and don’t get other attacking GBs at all” if you actually mean “get the other attack GBs shortly after“. Makes getting AO first pointless unless it's the only GB you have the BPs for (highly unlikely).

Just roll for crits in GE per encounter when u get ur AO to even 6 or 5 and you can 64/48 it just fine with a level 4-6 or something fighting GBs along with the 30% Tavern boost
You shouldn't need a tavern boost if your attacking GBs are sufficiently levelled. Especially if the AO is anywhere as efficient as you claim it to be

Edit:
but I'm leaning more to the least expensive method in terms of FP, time and Diamonds.

[...] Just buying that one GB while you're working on your Arc and you're set.
How is requiring a hyper lvl'd Arc plus a AO faster or cheaper? The AO on it's own is already two or three times more expensive. If you go for an Arc immediately to support the AO it'll likely take more then a year to set up properly for a free to play player that's not sniping. A Zeus to lvl 5 with no other GBs to support it can be done within a month without inventory packs.

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

Edit: It costs 15k medals to buy attempts to complete all of GE in Iron Age in a single sitting
I don't feel like responding to everything here but I'm really curious on where u pulled out this epic number missy. I'm HMA and I don't think you would consume even 1000 medals.... no, even 500 on what I'm doing. Oh, I'm sorry r u a medal hoarder? I'm sorry for even suggesting on placing a dent in your millions of medals stock. It is indeed a mortal sin to spend victory medals, yes

Emberguard

That's how much it cost me back in Iron Age when I did all 64 GE encounters in a hour.

A AO starts out at 4.87%. A lvl 4-6 AO has a 5.5-5.95% chance of a crit. If you're truly only using a AO to begin with and cancelling every battle that doesn't give a crit on the first turn you'd have to be buying a lot of attempts

Either you're exaggerating the retreating aspect of your tactic, or you're not only using a AO to make it work. A single crit hit on its own isn't going to win the entire battle. You'd have to keep getting enough crits during the entire battle to win without boosts. Which increases the medal cost in addition to the battles you're retreating from

Oh, I'm sorry r u a medal hoarder? I'm sorry for even suggesting on placing a dent in your millions of medals stock. It is indeed a mortal sin to spend victory medals, yes
That's not the point. I'm not saying don't spend medals. I'm saying if you're telling us a new player should be able to go straight to a AO to do Lvl 4 then they need to be able to do it without medals. Because a new player won't have the stock necessary to do much retreating

If you require other attack GBs or a Arc to support the AO then it's totally unrealistic to tell new players a AO is going to get them to Lvl 4 faster then the main 3 attack GBs. Because then it's not the AO that's getting them there. Not to mention a AO won't be useful at all for GBG if you intend to retreat battles that don't get a crit

Last edited:

Lady Gato

I don't feel like responding to everything here but I'm really curious on where u pulled out this epic number missy.

Since you are new to the forum, you might not know but Emberguard was one of the "official" people in the forums until recently. Therefore, "missy" isn't really appropriate. She knows a bunch about FOE.

Plain Red Justice

That's how much it cost me back in Iron Age when I did all 64 GE encounters in a hour.
Huh?? How much do you have to fail for you to reach to a point where you have already accumulated that epic amount of 15k medals? I'm perfectly new to the game but I think I would need a good dose of vodka to fail that much.

Emberguard

Huh?? How much do you have to fail for you to reach to a point where you have already accumulated that epic amount? I'm perfectly new to the game but I think I would need a good dose of vodka to fail that much.
Not much at all. I said in 1 hr. There’s 64 encounters. You start with 8 attempts so that brings it down to 56 attempts bought minus any attempts won on the way

I’m only using that for comparison because the tactic you mentioned relies on retreating and buying attempts.

Emberguard

I know you’re not speedrunning. But it gives a basis for cost if you’re relying on retreating to make a strategy work on a 5.5-5.95% AO chance.

How many attempts are you actually retreating when AO doesn’t crit? [edit] (prior to getting other GBs)

Plain Red Justice

You only need for an AO to crit once. Not to mention that an AO is not really a requirement on whether you'd complete GE or not since a lot of GE has a ton of free encounters on it.

When I say free encounters, what I can think off the top of my head is a 4 treb 4 heavies matchup in HMA. You just pick 4 trebs and 4 rogues against it and you just win even with 0% (zero) A/D and nothing else, by eliminating 2 trebs in the first turn. I don't feel like enumerating every single one of these but the bottom line is that GE isn't that demanding. There's just a few specific matchups where you'll need to actually critroll or else you'd cringe with the losses

Emberguard

I'm perfectly new to the game
Wait.... define “perfectly new”. If Agents list of your GBs is correct you have a lvl 75 Arc plus a bunch of other advanced GBs. Even with 1.9 that takes time.

There's just a few specific matchups where you'll need to actually critroll or else you'd cringe with the losses
You only need for an AO to crit once. Not to mention that an AO is not really a requirement on whether you'd complete GE or not since a lot of GE has a ton of free encounters on it.
So.... if you don’t need AO.... and it doesn’t even make much of a difference aside from the toughest fights..... why would someone get the AO first to save on time and FPs?

Plain Red Justice

Why not? Saving some rogues and getting ez wins for a cheap price is always nice, especially when the optimal strat while rushing your Arc is to not spend on your other buildings (Traz) unless you stumble upon those juicy opportunities where you can just level GBs for absolutely free.
Wait.... define “perfectly new”.
The type of new that sold 3 Renovation kits to the auction house because I want to buy that Watchfire kit? I did that a few months ago and now I'm regretting it thoroughly

Last edited:

Reese7990

Ok..so in a vacuum. That being in HMA with a Traz, rogue hideout and with all techs unlocked. I can see you AO strategy working, because with the Treb Rogue combo you can remove your enemies before they are in range to do any damage. The exception is an all knight attack, but youd simply just switch your trebs for 2 heavies and 6 rogues. But I believe HMA is the easiest GE era because of the lopsided advantage of the Trebs range. Once you get to Colonial on up, these advantages get smaller as the range and movement of all troops improves drastically. Your ability to take hits along with giving them becomes far more important.

By leveling you A/d buildings to 10, and really its not that expensive to do so, all of your units are improved, not only attack, but defensively as well. When I was in HMA I could make it through 64 encounters and only lose 2 or 3 units. But again thats a vacuum. In Colonial my attack is 435% without using the tavern boosts. Making it through GE 4 is still by no means a struggle, but if I auto GE 4 I will actually lose a match every now and then. If I manual I will lose maybe a dozen units in GE 4. Not always there are times I ease through if all my xtra bonuses like the AO and Kraken hit.

To get back on topic. Im still suggesting to young players to focus on getting the Zeus, Cdm and CoA, and getting them levelled to 10. The upside of doing this is fantastic. Dont be in a hurry to advance ages...because. 1. Finishing 4 lvls of GE is extremely helpful to your growth. When you advance too quickly your ability to complete GE diminishes. 2. Events. Events are another fantastic way to improve your cities. Having a well developed city in a lower era will make completing the quests attainable and therefor reaching the rewards easier.

When to move up? My suggestion is when you are easily completing GE all 4 levels, and easily getting through events, ranking in the top 10 of your hoods on consistent basis. Have developed a steady flow of coins, supplies and goids, and collected a dozen of renos/ 1 ups..its time to start preparing to move up an era. Preparing by saving up goods and fps to quickly unlock the techs of the next era.

Emberguard

Why not? Saving some rogues and getting ez wins for a cheap price is always nice, especially when the optimal strat while rushing your Arc is to not spend on your other buildings (Traz) unless you stumble upon those juicy opportunities where you can just level GBs for absolutely free.
Because if it’s doing so little you’re not actually saving much in FPs if you’re saving anything at all. You don’t need a traz unless you’re reducing the amount of Unit and Cultural buildings needed. A reliable boost can be used outside of GE to get a regular FP income
The type of new that sold 3 Renovation kits to the auction house because I want to buy that Watchfire kit? I did that a few months ago and now I'm regretting it thoroughly
That really doesn’t tell me how new you are. If you’re camping you don’t need reno’s until you stop camping anyway