• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do members progress without advancing their age?

Reese7990

Cont- I have all current age military buildings, bonus of 90 but against next age mil I never win so have to negotiate to get expansions.
Guild has helped me get most useful GBs from ages close to my own.
How the heck do you get such a large goods inventory? I really am baffled.
I don’t plunder. I’d like to get rid of most goods buildings but until I have another way to collect goods, I can’t. Advice? Tips?

Building up your goods takes time. There are several ways to accomplish it.

1. Eliminate using them. Level your Zeus, CdM, and CoA all to lvl 10, at the same time keep working your viking settlement to get your tree maxed. Once all 4 of these buildings are maxed Your attack is 120 at the min. Using your tavern attack boost you can raise this to 150, higher if you have other special buildings that boost your attack. With 150 attack you should be able to completely fight through all 4 lvls of GE. Having a Traz and a rogue hideout would make this a certainty. Now instead of using goods to finish GE you are now making goods each and every GE. You should also be able to complete at least 10 gbg battles a day for more rewards.

2. Leveling buildings like the LoA, ToB, and SmB are affordable ways to increase your daily incoming goods. The LoA and Tob are both very easy to lvl.

3. Attaining the CF and doing reoccurring quests is the way to really increase your goods. To get to reoccurring quests you need to either finish or abort all quests until they appear.

4. Special Event buildings and other special buildings. Some special event buildings offer goods as part of their daily collection. Some pay your guild treasury goods. There are several special buildings attainable through events or the antique shop that are phenomenal goods producers. Chief among these are the sleigh builders, because its high production verses not much space taken up. Terrace Farms also can be used to make goods. There are others but I dont recommend them as much because of their size.

DeletedUser40777

I'm working on getting the bps for Traz, Chateau and a couple higher level GBs but I'm gonna have to beg and plead for trades for the goods needed. I'm in LMA.
Got lots of rogues (6 hideouts). I suppose I just need to work on my battle tactics and get my bonuses to 100% or more.
Frustrating though. Guild requires participation in GE and suggests it for GvG. I have to negotiate fairly often after my military is defeated a time or two.

Thank you all for the advice.

Reese7990

I'm working on getting the bps for Traz, Chateau and a couple higher level GBs but I'm gonna have to beg and plead for trades for the goods needed. I'm in LMA.
Got lots of rogues (6 hideouts). I suppose I just need to work on my battle tactics and get my bonuses to 100% or more.
Frustrating though. Guild requires participation in GE and suggests it for GvG. I have to negotiate fairly often after my military is defeated a time or two.

Thank you all for the advice.
Ask around. There are many fair goods traders in these servers. Some will take payments till your paid in full, then you can trade for the goods. A fair trader will do this in a way where you get your goods back. After all you paid for the goods, it shouldn't cost you goods on top of it.

Lady Gato

Building up your goods takes time. There are several ways to accomplish it.

1. Eliminate using them. Level your Zeus, CdM, and CoA all to lvl 10, at the same time keep working your viking settlement to get your tree maxed.

jreese7990 -

Noob here - could you please explain how the viking settlement comes into play with option # 1. TIA

Reese7990

Noob here - could you please explain how the viking settlement comes into play with option # 1. TIA
Absolutely. The reward for the Viking settlement is Yggdrasil. Its a tree that takes up a 3x3 area. Each lvl added the tree gives you extra bonuses. One of these is Attack percentage. Once the tree reaches lvl 9 its attack bonus is 30% This is as high as a lvl 10 Zeus, Cdm or CoA, but takes up considerably less room...other than the zeus. It also provides goods, coins, and medals. Getting you Yggdrasil to lvl 9 should be a priority...its well worth the grind of the Vikings Settlement
jreese7990 -

MeowKat

A lighthouse on the other hand would be perfectly reasonable for a beginner in Iron Age to get.
My first city is stuck in the Late Middle Ages, waiting for enough supplies to advance my tech tree. I think that the Lighthouse, with its supply boost, is pretty much necessary to spend some time levelling if you want to keep advancing at more than a snail's pace. Even with 10 or 14 supply buildings, collecting enough supplies to keep the tech tree moving takes a while. That 60 to 100% supply boost helps a LOT.

Lady Gato

The Yggadrasil tree is the main reward building for the Viking settlement. If you complete 14 Viking settlements, and get all the upgrades for the tree, it gives a 30% attack boost to your attacking army, which is insanely high for a 3x3 building.
Thanks Nicholas !

Lady Gato

Absolutely. The reward for the Viking settlement is Yggdrasil. Its a tree that takes up a 3x3 area. Each lvl added the tree gives you extra bonuses. One of these is Attack percentage. Once the tree reaches lvl 9 its attack bonus is 30% This is as high as a lvl 10 Zeus, Cdm or CoA, but takes up considerably less room...other than the zeus. It also provides goods, coins, and medals. Getting you Yggdrasil to lvl 9 should be a priority...its well worth the grind of the Vikings Settlement
jreese7990 -
Thanks jreese

I had never seen this information listed in other guides but from what you and Nicholas002 say it is a worthy strategy.

Plain Red Justice

Or u could just buy an Arctic Orangery and not level those CdM/Zeus/CoA/Yggdrasil at all. Just roll for crits in GE per encounter when u get ur AO to even 6 or 5 and you can 64/48 it just fine with a level 4-6 or something fighting GBs along with the 30% Tavern boost

Reese7990

Or u could just buy an Arctic Orangery and not level those CdM/Zeus/CoA/Yggdrasil at all. Just roll for crits in GE per encounter when u get ur AO to even 6 or 5 and you can 64/48 it just fine with a level 4-6 or something fighting GBs along with the 30% Tavern boost

Not sure I get your reasoning. The AO does not add attack. It just adds a chance for a high damage hit. The AO alone will not help you fight through all levels of GE. Especially not at lvl 5 or 6.

Plain Red Justice

You see, those additional GE attempts that costs literally nothing (medals) are there for a reason. I use em for rollin crits. If I don't get one crit on the first turn (with arts), I surrender. If I get even one, I win that particular encounter. Works best with even a level 2 Alcatraz and 1 (one) rogue camp but even then, there's very few unit combinations where even a single one of your rogues can die so in all actuality you don't even need these to consistently 64/48

Agent327

You see, those additional GE attempts that costs literally nothing (medals) are there for a reason. I use em for rollin crits. If I don't get one crit on the first turn (with arts), I surrender. If I get even one, I win that particular encounter. Works best with even a level 2 Alcatraz and 1 (one) rogue camp but even then, there's very few unit combinations where even a single one of your rogues can die so in all actuality you don't even need these to consistently 64/48

Don't know what age you are in but in several ages it works better to use units from a lower age. In that case AO is useless and are you better off with CdM/Zeus/CoA/Yggdrasil.

Plain Red Justice

In that case AO is useless and are you better off with CdM/Zeus/CoA/Yggdrasil.
Well I'm speakin in the viewpoint of a lower age player where he lacks FPs and is still in desperate need to prioritize his Arc. Sure, leveling up those 3 to level 10 and a Ygg to somewhere decent is always viable and consistent but I'm leaning more to the least expensive method in terms of FP, time and Diamonds.

So leveling those 4 to me is quite irrelevant to my crit style as a new playa that wants to minimize his expenses. Just buying that one GB while you're working on your Arc and you're set.

Reese7990

Im still struggling to see how the AO alone even leveled to 10 would be enough to fight all 4 GE lvls. Aside from that, the AO is very expensive to lvl in comparison to the other 3 buildings. So again, not sure how your saving fps either.

Agent327

Well I'm speakin in the viewpoint of a lower age player where he lacks FPs and is still in desperate need to prioritize his Arc. Sure, leveling up those 3 to level 10 and a Ygg to somewhere decent is always viable and consistent but I'm leaning more to the least expensive method in terms of FP, time and Diamonds.

So leveling those 4 to me is quite irrelevant to my crit style as a new playa that wants to minimize his expenses. Just buying that one GB while you're working on your Arc and you're set.

You are not minimizing your expenses. You need to buy the goods to place that building. Levelling the building is relatively high in fp costs and the level 5 - 6 you talk about does not even give you a 6% chance on a critical hit.

You are wasting fp's and medals.

Plain Red Justice

Im still struggling to see how the AO alone even leveled to 10 would be enough to fight all 4 GE lvls.
But of course you would struggle. You haven't tried it in the first place and is somehow stuck on the idea that leveling those 4 things is mandatory because everyone's tellin you that

As for the price of an AO, well it depends. Arcs tend to be given for free at least in my server that's why I'm saying it's cheap so I guess this part varies. But even if you pay 500-600 FPs for it I think it's still way cheaper than leveling those 4 all the way to 10, especially that Ygg and CdM lol but if you're somehow rich then by all means, level em all and forget these.