• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do members progress without advancing their age?

Plain Red Justice

On one of your threads in this place. People pointed out to you that Nego'ing in the lower ages is good and the more you advance in ages, it becomes worse. Now that I'm offering a playstyle to complement it in a lower age thread, you make all these bizarre efforts to say it's wrong. It's strange, if nothing else

Reese7990

You already figured out in the other thread that Nego'ing in the lower ages in GBG is good. Why are you taking a step back and contradicting what you've already learned?
Even if negotiating is your thing...the Yggdrasil is still extremely efficient. At lvl 9 its a great goods producer, and you will earn goods each new viking settlement. Again, dont see your reasoning for not wanting Yggdrasil in any era.

Nicholas002

On one of your threads in this place. People pointed out to you that Nego'ing in the lower ages is good and the more you advance in ages, it becomes worse. Now that I'm offering a playstyle to complement it in a lower age thread, you make all these bizarre efforts to say it's wrong. It's strange, if nothing else
this thread is discussing fighting strategy. it has nothing to do with negotiation.
we were comparing one fighting strat vs. another fighting strat. Not fighting vs. negotiating.
So I am not sure why you are dragging negotiating into this. Perhaps to distract from your absurd claims about A/D being unimportant, and the Yggadrasil being an inefficient building?

But since you did bring up negotiating, I will answer your question:
It is not that negotiating gets worse in higher eras, its's just that fighting gets better, so negotiating seems worse.

Emberguard

Just because you can negotiate doesn’t make it a good idea to only build up your city to be able to negotiate. You still need to be able to defeat 16 unit wave battles if you want to complete all aspects of the game. Yggdrasil goes a long way towards completing both aspects

Plain Red Justice

So I am not sure why you are dragging negotiating into this.
Because you lot are implying to rush Yggs when it actually set backs a player (I got tricked by this ruse too so it's not like you're alone). I've provided explanations on why the Negotiation settlement bldg is infinitely more efficient than a Ygg, because Negotiation in GBG is more efficient in the lower ages.

As for my AO strat, naah I've seen nothing in this thread that says it doesn't work, apart from a mod that desperately tries to nitpick my GBs that I leveled on a whim (and completely free actually. If you don't know how, I won't tell u) and someone that insists on completing GE for 1 hour. All's left is some feedback tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

Because you lot are implying to rush Yggs when it actually set backs a player...

Doing the Viking Settlement doesn't set anybody back anything.

I've provided explanations on why the Negotiation settlement bldg is infinitely more efficient than a Ygg, because Negotiation in GBG is more efficient in the lower ages.

"Infinitely" is a lot. The efficiency of the Ygg is independent of whether you negotiate or fight, since efficiency is defined by the amount of rewards per tile. Others (with a lot more experience, I'll add) have explained the other reasons it's unwise to pass it up. I would also dispute the claim that negotiation is more efficient in lower ages, since building up battle GBs like Zeus and CoA is relatively easy.

As for my AO strat, naah I've seen nothing in this thread that says it doesn't work...

Depends on how you define "work". Several people (again, with more experience) have explained why it's not a great strategy, particularly for low-age players. But you should play however you think best for your city and your enjoyment. You are under no obligation to listen to people who've been playing for years.

Emberguard

It’s not more efficient to negotiate in the lower ages then other ages. You just have less need to plan ahead is all. In fact, I’d argue the goods are far more valuable in later ages and the attack bonus more valuable at the beginning.

As for my AO strat, naah I've seen nothing in this thread that says it doesn't work
Except if it’s so efficient to use only AO, then why do you have the other GBs? You said yourself you prefer goods. That’s space you could put goods down in. Yet you seem to value the attack boosts enough to still have the other GBs

Plain Red Justice

without your 116% attack/ 110% defense, your critical hits would do next to nothing.
Gimme some store buildings then. I really want to throw them back to my inventory but for some reason the supposed to be free feature requires a cost instead of being a part of the reconstruction mode. Must have been placed to counter some sort of abuse

Emberguard

Gimme some store buildings then. I really want to throw them back to my inventory but for some reason the supposed to be free feature requires a cost instead of being a part of the reconstruction mode. Must have been placed to counter some sort of abuse
Great Buildings have never been storable. Disconnect them from your road and you won’t have a boost.

Reconstruction mode isn’t there to be storage. It’s only to rearrange your layout

Plain Red Justice

I'm referring to my Yggs and other event buildings which are storable but for some reason takes a lot of tedium to do so.

Well, Gee...it's hard to know who to listen to here. Who has cred?
Don't worry, I find her funny because it's efficient in a sense so I also agree. The more time you save on playing FOE, the more time you can spend on playing better mind stimulating games, like worms.io and League of Legends

Last edited:

Emberguard

Oh. Well the reason is because the game requires you to make choices. It’s designed for you to delete outdated buildings to replace with better buildings, not just store them. The store buildong is so if you have something truly special you can still keep it, but you’re not meant to keep everything

(Yggdrasil though you’d want to store. You can’t replace it)

Agent327

I don't know why you try way too hard to nitpick irrelevant details when those buildings are literally free of charge, but I would appreciate it if you could donate me 9 of those send buildings back to ur inventory so I could place em all back (along with my Ygg and that Classical Garden set) to cancel my newbie mistakes. I could have placed another Glassblower and some more alchemists with that space

Rather strange you keep insisting you want to store buildings you think are useless anyhow. If you can do better things with the space delete them. It's what we all did before storage kits.

Plain Red Justice

They'd become efficient at GBG autobattling when you want to fill your city with atk a/d% buildings at one of the top ages. Since you aim to max atk%, your expansion slots are maxed, more atk% certainly always helps. That's when you bring out the tree