• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

Lady Gato

LOL I was busy saving and got to 11 and that CN showed up -- I got it in 4 spins. Then that left 7 and when it showed up again, I lost all my doubloons and no CN (had added about 3 to the 7= 10 gone). Then I waited and waited and had 5 when the CN showed up again -- and it laughed at me from the wheel as it went on by. So luck does have a part of this event. :p

DeletedUser39118

I am really surprised there isn't more frustration being voiced about this event. The numbers just don't add up. Maybe there is too much time left and people aren't looking at the numbers yet, but several in this thread had voiced concern when doing the math that this event is not friendly to non-diamond players at all.
I have had some bad luck and am averaging 12 tokens per reward on sailing the ship through 5 awards. Even if I assume a better average of 11 instead of 12, I still need 66 more sailing trips to finish my Villa. I have done everything possible thus far. Based on my count of quests (15 + 5 from 2 doubloons quests) Milestone reward (10), and daily logins (15) I only have around 45 more doubloons coming in, meaning I could be over 20 tokens short of a full building unless I start getting a TON of stupid tokens from incidents which thus far I have gotten 1, and I pick up every incident every day, even the ones hiding on the roads. The only thing that may influence these numbers slightly are when the 2 doubloon quests start. On beta it was just the last 5 so that is what I included in my math, but even if they started those tomorrow that is only 10 more, still 10 short if incidents don't pick up.
I hated this event on Beta and live is just making me more upset. On Beta I had to buy 10 doubloons to get a full upgraded villa and that was AFTER they gave us 7 free doubloons, and I did every quest and got every login. Right now it looks like I may have to buy more on live.
Inno if your intention is to have regular daily active players to be able to get an event building fully upgraded without spending diamonds you have missed the mark on this event. I thought you realized that in Beta when you gave the extra tokens and made the last couple quests 2 doubloons, but it is not enough.

Vger

I like this event. It's extremely l o n g but not too stressful to complete the quests. Try to get the Crow's Nest mateys. It can't be plundered. Yay! When the Governor's Villa is motivated, it also gives you an additional unit every day. Well guess what walked outta me Governor's Villa? A Barbarian!! Don't believe me? Well, here's proof.

View attachment 16622
You only have 12 military units? How is that even possible?

Just An Observer

Tonight I finally got my second doubloon in the form of an Incident. When other Events came out with those freebies, a person could score multiple times in a day sometimes.

Nicholas002

still only got one :(
When other Events came out with those freebies, a person could score multiple times in a day sometimes.
that is because you got less of the currency per incident.
for example, a quests-worth of energy drinks is 100, and an incident often only contained only like 5 drinks.

when you get a doubloon incident, it is whole quests-worth. that's probably why there are fewer this event.

Just An Observer

still only got one :(

that is because you got less of the currency per incident.
for example, a quests-worth of energy drinks is 100, and an incident often only contained only like 5 drinks.

when you get a doubloon incident, it is whole quests-worth. that's probably why there are fewer this event.

If the wheel was not so full of junk or if a player could choose their goal as in the Soccer Cup (mine was Medals for expansions, got enough to put 4 up when combined with the usual haul I can bring in), then the doubloon rarity value would correlate with what one can win. The Summer Event is chintzy beyond belief. Either increase the value of prizes (no junk) or give out 10 times the doubloons to reflect the amount of low value prizes.

Nicholas002

View attachment 16623

I finally got an incident doubloooooooon which sailed me over to final upgrade

Look at that magnificent city with the Hippodrome next to Colosseum just like when the game was loading for the soccer event

and what's that near the hippodrome ???

Is that a level 8 SoH needing an additional RtV ...... why I believe it is .

Besides plinking my neighbors ..... i may be plinking some wishing wells outta my city even though they are shrunken .... i only planted multiple wells in worlds B C D E and H . that should make up the deficiency in this world and I will be able to add more and more Roads to Victory

Happy trails everyone !
I wish I could appreciate your incredible achievements, but all I can see is that Colosseum.

also, you talk of efficiency, yet you have a Colloseum, victory towers, Deal Castle, Lotus Temple, space needle, Capitol, virgo project, contestant's estates, Atomium, and I'm sure a bunch of other crap that I can't see.

I've only spent $165 to your $1600 in 7.5 years
you've spent money on the game, and played for all these years, and you haven't found something better to replace this stuff with?

DevaCat

Think of it as a donation for that magnificent city that you, Nicholas002, are jealous of..... now if i could only fit another G. Villa somewhere should they offer 33K diamonds for $80 ....

stop hating :cool:
Lol, nobody's hating. I'm glad you are spending. But stop being a tightwad! (you know you wanna buy it;))

Nicholas002

I will need to average 2.36 2.09 leagues per compass in order to max the G. Villa. that is very somewhat unlikely.
edit: now with the last 12 quests giving 2 doubloons, It will be closer, but still need luck.
I am disappointed that a player can log in every day, complete all the quests, collect all the incidents, and still need a lot of luck to complete the main building.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Developers need to stop the Control of the Pace of Play for the Event. If I want to play the event from beginning to end without many breaks, I should be able to. When I get complete Quest 34 and then I can only play 1 Quest per day takes all the enjoyment from the event. It was the same with all the Events. I don't need the developers forcing me to have to play the event thru all of the 22 days when I would prefer to complete it in 14.

I play on mobile, a Samsung Note 9. Last year during this event when a neighbor spun the wheel and won a prize, the prize greyed out or one ticked off that spot on the wheel. If they refreshed, mine did too. This year my wheel almost never changes except when I spin it myself. At first I thought the players it showed at the bottom weren't neighbors since my wheel wasn't changing, but I checked and confirmed they are in my neighborhood. Am I the only one seeing this? It makes it very expensive for me if I have to refresh the wheel myself to try to get an upgrade to the mansion.

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I missing something?

Falconwing

Another day down. Two more ones on the ship map. Now I need 107 spaces on 42 compasses. That's 2.54 spots per compass. While mathematically possible, very, very, unlikely. Even if I buy the 20 Doubloon pack, I'm still at a 1.7 per compass average and I'm well below that now.

If I log in everyday, finish the Event, buy a 20 pack of Doubloons and still don't get the final upgrade, it may be time for me to find a new game to play.

I'll say it again, EVENT MAIN PRIZES SHOULD NOT RELY ON LUCK!!!